A nobody returns after about a year.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamos, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jamos Well-Known Player

For a good while my financial situation was bad and I had to let go of the game. Now I should be able to return so I was wondering what are the things I should expect after being AWOL for so long. I'm sure many people will go all "Just look it up!", but seeing as there is a large span of time to cover and I don't know what to search, I thought I'd ask you guys. Hopefully this place is okay to put the thread. If not feel free to move it. Thanks for any helpful comments. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperBell Loyal Player

Hi, and welcome back. Have you heard about Time Capsules yet?
    • Like x 4
  3. Jamos Well-Known Player

Only vaguely. Is it like the promethian(sp?) lockbox or booster bundle?
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

step one open market place and buy thousands of replays
    step two DONT close the market place because you also need hundred maybe a thousand stabilizers

repeat steps one and two every 8 to 12 weeks and you got dcuo today.

ops forgot to mention despite spending out the rear be prepared to be dissapointed because some % of what your chasing you wont get
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Right, scare away players instead of encouraging them to play so the game becomes more active.

We get it, you're anti-dev, but don't try to steer away players with your ideology
    • Like x 17
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Hate to say it, but your financial situation is about to get a LOT worse if you support this game.
    • Like x 13
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

I can confirm this first-hand. Give the game another shot though and see how you like it. I suggest only spending money if you really feel like it's money worth spent.
  9. Jamos Well-Known Player

The game has been kind of like this to an extent for awhile. I'm hardly going to be afraid. Though I do fear to see the prices of stuff in the auction area or whatever it is called. I'm going to see stuff I want and then realize I don't have money for it because I haven't been making money for some time in this game. So... scared!
    • Like x 3
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Besides new content the game is going to be undergoing a stat revamp.

About the capsules... well...

If you enjoy gambling then go for it otherwise you don't *need* to purchase them. They're basically boxes with a variety of items but only like 3 of them are wanted and the drop rates are horrible. And in my opinion, not including the crapsules, the game is better than what it was a year go. Not including the update that just came out and broke maybe 5 other things.
    • Like x 1
  11. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

How we play the game now is being totally revamped. They are putting the revamp together piece by piece on test server. check out the test forum to see overall goals the devs are aiming for, and DEFINATELY check out the individual power threads to see how good or bad your fav powers are turning out.

Current max is like cr190+ w/ 300+ sp.... The revamp is all about making SP matter.

Unless your talking about internet you can play this game 4 free. Wait for sales and buy episode bundles and you can have a ton of fun.

If you play with random people be prepared for huge d bags and or morons.
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

do u need replays to finish events and obtain everything in a reasonable time? YES
    do u need to spend cash on time capsules or do without? YES
    is it getting worse rather then better? YES

i am %100 not anti devs. not even close but i do have 30 years in buisness. my people i am close with built multiple successfull companies and endured decades. some were in the red for the start up year. there are some extremly basic rules you just dont break.
    the guys here are making fundamental mistakes.

i know dcuo could get 6 more years and be extremely profitable. i know we got a gold mine and i wish they would keep it going but so many basics being ignored and disregarded and well u see what we got
    • Like x 3
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I think you need to learn some self control. If you really think the only way to move forward is to waste money on stabilisers then you haven't learnt how to make $$$ in the game and used said $$$ to buy what you need off the broker.

So much for your 30 years in business!
    • Like x 2
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Expect to open your wallet :p
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I see your point fatal but how is it an ideology if some of it is true? Or partly true i guess is a better description. If someone is going to try and experience the entire game and wants to get certain items in the game then yea what hes saying is kinda accurate. I dont understand how people get criticized on here for telling the truth. Does that new or returning player need to do those things? Ofc not. They can choose to skip the TCs and replays and all of that. But it is there and is part of the game and chasing certain feats or items will require them unless u are very lucky.
    • Like x 5
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yup.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Why would he recommend someone that just came out of a bad financial situation to buy thousands of replays that he don't even need? It's just fear mongering and scare tactics. There's a difference between telling the truth and simply lashing out at something you disagree with. I dislike time capsules and replays too but I'm not gonna sit here and tell a returning player that they need to spend a boatload on them to keep up... That's just ridiculous.
    • Like x 3
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you're a competitionist then yes you will need replays and spend a crap ton of money opening time capsules. Unfortunately that's your self preference and should not be forced on other people. Not everyone has the same attitude that you have wanting to chase the very best and shiny things.
    • Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Well i agree i wouldnt say that to the OP either. As far as having to spend a boatload on them well it depends on what someone views a boatload to be and if they even care about keeping up. Cause u or me could spend $10 and get lucky and buy most of the stuff off the broker. Where someone else could spend $300 and not get lucky and have to spend a ton of ingame currency to keep up. I think that is the truth and being honest about it.

My post where i said "expect to open your wallet" to the OP was a joke, in case that wasnt obvious i wanted to make sure thats understood. But ill agree i wouldnt be saying those things to the OP after he described his situation. I would of said something like there are time capsules in the game now that have gear/feats and if ya wanna keep up ya MIGHT need to spend some cash but u can also get the items off the broker ingame. And i would mention the TCs after i told em about a few other changes to the game he may not know about. I get it tho, to say it that kinda way and say nothing else after reading the OP does seem a bit over the top.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Welcome back :)

If you need a catch up on what style items you've missed since you left, check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/torikumudcuo

I generally cover new styles, seasonal stuff and whatever else is new in the world of DCUO vanity.
    • Like x 1