The current Tank crisis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SparkmanX, Feb 20, 2017.

1. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

And reason there's more atomic/ice tanks is not only because they're easier tanking powers but because they're the better dps powers for off-role tanks who like I mention earlier ^^ INVEST in armories to be a functional and useful player in dcuo.

And ik someone's gonna reply, "ohhh but earth yadda yadda" almost every powers with an am -elec/nature can/should murder earth/sorc (pet) dpses plus if you think ice tanking/dps is boring, letting a pet do most of dps isn't much fun either.
    • Like x 1
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

FYI....80k Flip Slash crits aren't "letting a pet do most of the dps". We put a lot of work in, instead of pressing one button after clipping three powers.

My weapon combos are always close to my pets damage. I'm not sitting back and spamming Fortify.......Get real dude.
    • Like x 3
  3. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

If you know how to tank, any tank power will work. Thing about tanking tho is those dps who run in front of you and the other dpses stand over their ko'ed body for scoreboard advantage. Personally rage is the best and most fun and definitely most self sufficient. If you have good internet connection. You become a God.

Fire is good single taunt making it favorable in SM or pulling bosses off other bosses. Only prob though you become a turtle. No melee attacks w/ weapons like Earth/Fire/Rage. Atomic has natural dps mechanics built in.

Earth is very balanced w/ migitation making is useful in SM and Single taunts as well. Although you can very easily jump in middle of adds at low sp/cr w/ little risk.

Ice/Atomic are safety net. Great for Off-role or beginners to learn how tank or for beast tanks to become even more savage which is what we all want in Elite/SM. People dog on how easy these are but they **** when they get one in Elite/SM.

Anyways, fire has never been a bad tank power. I remember using it before rage came out for Nexus/PW. Even remember using for EO right before AF pt1 came out. All come down to gameplay and my first sentence in this reply "If you know how to tank, any tank power will work".
    • Like x 2
  4. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

Are you using flip slash in Elite/SM though? Didn't think so. Which makes your argument kinda silly. I'm not talking about Olyr/GoMr where the majority of community beat at cr173+ first day it dropped. Big boy content where you will get stomped on w/ flip slash
  5. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

The range on flipslash allows you to melle from distance so, yes, they probably are doing it in SM. I seen sorcery dps do it in Trigons SM... And if not, they're doing overhead kick which is just as good and is still tap, tap, tap, hold, as is flipslash...
    • Like x 2
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Maybe because this is a game and that is how they've chosen to play it. Their time, their effort, their hobby.
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

I focus on other toons now instead of my tank. I save my tank for league ruins. Why? Pugs don't follow the flow of the tank. Then pugs blame the tank for not keeping up. These pugs are like monkeys, I tell you! They jump far ahead of the tank to get more damage, in some cases for reflect damage.

Guess what? I let them die. If im healing, I stick with the tank. The rest of them can just die if they monkey ahead.

Many pugs demonstrate zero respect to tanks.

So instead of tanking for monkeys, I save my content loot on my 3 tanks for when my league needs me. No need to deal with the cancerous monkeys.
    • Like x 2
  8. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

Trigon Sm prob only exception but then again when trolling/healing/tanking Trigon SM saw earth/sorc get KO'ed pretty instantly at bosses. Especially, when you get to Cyborg.

Missing point tho. Any am xelec/nature would destroy/preferred in elite/SM bc of their superior damage over pets, and is just as boring as ice, which was the original argument. ty come again
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

Yes flip slashing was possible in last SM. It won't be in the next one for the duration but neither will the other melee powers. Artic gust, Geiger blast, emp, etc
  10. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Wrong again, you can't compared the closest thing we have to old school DPS, to Ice. Pull the other one, but what every helps you sleep at night I guess. Don't even know why you still think Ice is all that, I'd slap any Ice DPS into next week with Sorcery in the current elite content using HB nvm flipslash. Don't bother coming again, you'll just continue to make a fool of yourself.
    • Like x 2
  11. Disruptor Well-Known Player

My main toon is a Fire Tank and I have seen all the things being described. I kept being kicked from alerts and raids because I was Fire and they wanted Ice. I saved up the Marks of Krypton and other marks dropped from the Vault and when they switched to Marks of victory, I was able to finally get into some higher tier stuff. I had to learn how to tank and there was someone who finally taught me the basic. Now I am a somewhat decent Fire tank. I use Alphas instead of Betas, but with how much exobits I am getting now....
    • Like x 1
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I tried fire for a week and it wasn't bad at all. The only problem I can see with people dying is not being quick enough to recover from being block broken and initially jumping into adds. Sometimes I clipped a power with chronometric emitter jumping into adds. Or if you feel yourself overwhelmed by adds pop a consumable or enflame as it's a pop-up CC.

My LO was enflame, backdraft, stoke flames, burning det, Mes lasso, and burnout.

Unfortunately I'm fully prec modded for dps so I'm now rage out of convenience, which is freakin OP btw.
  13. Castrato Well-Known Player

Yes, my league mates, who are earth and sorcery, flip slash in every elite and every sm up till a certain round, normally after round 10 and they only die to one or if they get too close when the boss does a big big hit . Your argument about the pet does majority of the damage is only true for lazy dps/bad dps. Good/Great dps the pet does about half the damage.