Everything wrong with #StatsRevamp so far

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VioletSorceress, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I'm curious as well. If there was another game that had combo combate with a sandbox world I'd love to know.
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I think you're actually right. When I first started using the forums, I saw how people spoke to the devs and regardless if their decisions are good or not. No one wants to go into work and read some of the terrible things these people write.

Random noobs asking for impossible demands has to tear down your mental stamina after awhile.
    • Like x 2
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Im really getting tired of these half backed updates we keep getting. Devs are acting like they are creating a new game, falling in same loop holes over and over. There is a working version of the game at Live server!
    • Like x 4
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

And what happens to the players like me who don´t enjoy the current version of the game on the LIVE servers?
    We should just suck it up and be quiet? or trying to colaborate with the test efforts in order to get a Version with more freedom and balance?
    • Like x 2
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

You got everything wrong. There are things that I dont like about AMs too but in general there were tons of stuff and improvements introduced with these.

Problem is that the more we ask for absolute balance the more we gonna lose unique aspects of the power sets. The only way for Devs to make everything even is to make everything the same. With GU36 there were tons of animations thrown out the door for the sake of standardization and balance and now its same thing all over again. After the release of the game, you could find same animations maximum twice in the whole game and now multiple "different" power sets have absolutely same animations. Few examples here are "baseball throws" and "punching the ground".

And the most frustrating thing is that we are not going anywhere and no progress was achieved through the years. There were multiple problems before which led to the introduction of AMs and the path each AM took. Now that AMs are disabled same problems start to arise and we gonna be chasing our tails until we realize that everything that came with AMs was a necessary evil.

Hard truth is that the game obviously cant really expand because of technical limitations. So prepare to get a lot more of what we already have.
    • Like x 4
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I do not see the revamp like this apocalypse they are painting. He has mistakes! Mistakes we're pointing to! Some have changed, others are still there!
    But neither is the end of the world!
    • Like x 1
  7. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I really agree with what you are saying here Violet. They didnt have to do such DRASTIC changes. I feel like the change to power over time was a great Idea, but pretty much all of the rest of them where the powers are involved I simply dont like. Ive been trying to give feedback that helps Sorcery be the best it can be, in particular for balance between using the pets and not using them. But it seems that no matter what I type my favorite power is turning into something I dont like. I hope they realize that when this Revamp comes to live they are going to lose a lot of ppl who like the way the game has been for the past 2 years. I feel like im wasting my time here on these forums. Im looking at other mmos.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is why testing is free now, people got tired of not having their feedback heard after so many hours of non-stop testing and posting feedback, GOOD feedback at that. Only to be ignored.
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

What's wrong is we should've asked for something else so they would've just removed cr differential only.
  10. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Reducing stats is fine with me as long as it's done right. Them messing with stuff like changing visuals on powers is unacceptable. Increasing cooldowns on powers in a fast paced combat mmo does not compute. but also trying to balance 3 playstyles is also non-computing and impossible to balance. Redoing everything all at once is too much of a change and should do 1 major part at a time. But whatever, if no new content comes out soon, I'm outta here.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That's your opinion.

Even Before these "3 playstyles" existed, Balance still wasn't a thing back then, probably won't be now.

I wish people would stop trying to get rid of PFTT by using"It's impossible to balance it" Last I checked we didn't have no PFTT, we didn't have AM's, we didn't have WM, and even when we only had Hybrid things were still not balanced.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Hybrid is the best because it allows you full access to your power set and the weapon of your choice. Nothing can be truly balanced because people have their own setup and skill level and different roles in an instance.

So tell me this: if you want pftt to succeed, then why do we still have a weapon on our toon?
  13. majosea Dedicated Player

how you feel if they removed hybrid or weapons , trying to say one play style should remove or better than another is not repeat not balance . weapons only, powers only, using both , all sound great as for
    me , I want all 3 play styles , because doing the same thing over & over on a a main & alts is boring , thats what happened am /wm players wanted balance and one play style keep being the forced play style to damage and how fast and you can clip & skip frames . whole point of the stats revamp is to open options on how you want to play , why limited it?
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So tell me: If I'm a Green Lantern, and I have the ability to use Constructs(otherwise known as the"Most powerful weapon in the universe") Why on Earth would I use a Sword or brawling?

If people have their own setup, skill, and different roles then let them have a choice.

If you really need a good example of what I'm talking about here, perhaps this video can help:

It's called VARIETY!
    Variety.

Also: If people's "Skill" in this game mattered, I repeat myself, where were you Folks during Game Update 50? Electricity, Hardlight, and Nature required more"Skill" then the 1-2-3-4 powers and were underperforming, and yet none of you hybrid folks out there gave feedback.

The development team are still working on adressing the 3 playstyles and that includes using the Time capsule mods. if we stuck to Hybrid there'd be too many problems.
    1. You'd drive away population, plenty of people enjoy playing from the tray.
    2. Lack of variety.
    3. We'd be stuck in the old era, power-regeneration wouldn't exist.

Personally speaking, all because"Hybrid" is the best for you doesn't mean it's the best for everyone out there.
    Like I said before in multiple threads, we need to get out of this cookie cutter era. We had too many eras where one playstyle was superior.. Era 1. Clipping was superior. Era 2. WM was superior. Era 3. AM's are superior. ERA 4 should be variety.

If you're one of those people that feel like one playstyle should be superior, then I feel sorry for you. Variety makes the game bigger and better in-depth.

Sure you can argue"It's gonna take a while to be balanced" or "It's gonna be impossible to be balanced"

But you also can't ignore the fact that DC was never balanced. DC had Fotm problems, with people requesting nerfs, requesting buffs, and switching powers left to right based on which one is the strongest.

Stop using "Balance" as an excuse to force hybrid down our throats and stop using it as an excuse to remove weapons focused and pftt, because it's flat-out inaccurate.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bose Well-Known Player

I find it hilarious how when the stat revamp was announced and none of this was part of the stat revamp (changing cool downs, passive
    PoT, essentially changing core mechanics).

And the devs say they're transparent with us????
    [IMG]
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Any power compared to another is different and won't balance out to how it confronts enemies. But when you want many many many playstyles and want them 'in-line' with each other so there is no form, then by all means provide the devs with the necessary info.

And to your variety point:
    1. Your referring to the playstyles as I am not
    2. Hybrid allows variety by using varying combos with weapon and powers. People may prefer a specific power tree and form their own loadout accordingly. That's the variety right there.
    3. Pftt is a cookie cutter loadout as I don't need any examples to show you. No variety there.
    4. Weapons only... well I digress on that playstyle.

Apparently your not picking up what I'm putting down.
  18. Infamous Hacker Active Player

It actually stupefies me that anyone can be so confused and misinformed that they say things like Hybrid playstyle is better or more varied than the other styles. Clipping Solar Flame and then using one of your 6 good powers in any power tree is just the same as using 6 powers in a Pftt loadout as far as options are concerned. There are more than a few bad powers in each power tree. No one is going to use them in ANY loadout. So if someone finds a good hybrid loadout to use where they picked the powers that deal the most damage with Sorcery for example thats the one that everyone will use. It then becomes cookie cutter. If you are playing with Sorcery you are: going to use Fury, Going to use offering, and very likely to use Grand Summoning. The other 3 powers are chosen from a SMALL pool of good abilities and the rest are left off because they are inferior options. Some people think the finisher moves like Final Ruin take too long so you lose out on dps, nearly all channel abilities (like Soul Storm) simply suck so you wont use those, and some powers even have single target burst powers which are terrible (like Vengeance). That leaves you with Transmutation, Weapon Of Destiny, Shard of Life, Circle Of Destruction, and Soul Well. If you compare the numbers Circle of Destruction and Soul Well FAR outperform the other powers, so they win the dps comparison. Your loadout as the best possible Sorcery dps on live looks like this: (optional but very likely Shard of Life), Soul Well, Circle of Destruction, Offering, Summon Fury, and Grand Summoning. Anything else is inefficient. THAT is cookie cutter. Even on the test server the options dont vary at all. Fury still hits harder than everything else you have at your immediate disposal. Nothing has changed for Sorcery hybrid dps... the same can be said for Electricity. Dot powers are the best options for Electricity, nothing else is worth it. So yes I could have Vengeance instead of Shard of Life on my loadout, but id be losing out on dps big time. So its not really worth mentioning is it?
  19. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That ship sailed after jump cancelling became the order of the day and people realized that there were about two *really* good powers and a crapload that simply could not ever keep up.

It worked for a bit with WM, until people started crying about WM and trying to "fix" it.

AM was doomed from the get go, mostly because people thought they could improve on the wheel, and partially because people started crying the second it became apparent that certain powers had to be closer than others in order to do damage. Que midrange, wave goodbye to the remaining game balance.

Now they're in the same situation, again, and since the new rule is "no changes until all changes are ready", the new system will not be ready for actual use for another year, at the absolute earliest, which gives the mix max asshats a year and change on the test server to learn how to abuse the upcoming changes.

This, functionally, especially once the complaining begins, will leave the game exactly where it is today.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.