Been practicing, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BernUnit81, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Update:
    [IMG]
    Gonna work on some background stuff and color it when I get my markers in a week or two.
    • Like x 2
  2. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Update: Background worked on a little. Gonna do some lettering or something along the wall. Really don't know if I can do much else until the colors get in. That won't be until after the holiday.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Just a new one. Just rough pencils at this moment. Im going to ink and maybe color as soon as I get my new tools.
    [IMG]
    I think I want to call this one "Have Her Home By 9"
    • Like x 2
  4. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Did the colors as I got my new markers. Taking a little getting used to but feel good about this,
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

Aww, I love it!
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The effects around the two still on the ground looks great, and the fact the name on the wall is randomly coloured is good as well
    • Like x 1
  7. Baby Sister Committed Player

I'm

I'm obsessed and overwhelmed about you drawing me! No one ever does that for me :( I'm so happy and it's so cute ! Even though I never had orange hair haha! It's still adorable and cute as ever !! Love your skills keep it up bern ! :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Baby Sister Committed Player

Still obsseed BUMP
    • Like x 1
  9. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

7/10. I am not an expert but just keep practicing and you could reach the level of being able to make your own comic book series. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Anothername Well-Known Player

Just skimmed all your months of hard work in a few minutes and thats some great evolution in progress. :)

And as its now even more evident: Even when they are not real Females stay being complicated. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    In all seriousness, thank you for the kind words and comment here. I am no Jim Lee or McFarlane [nor do I think I will ever be (or want to be, I think?)]. One thing I know I should probably do more of is draw other people characters. I spend most of my time trying to draw my own and that is all nice and well but it might hurt me in the long run. I do make efforts to draw something every day [there are alot of pictures that are not posted here, most of them unfinished and whatnot. Anyway, thank you very much for the feedback.
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you kindly friend. Its funny you mention the female thing. I struggled so much with drawing them and now I feel like I draw them better than the guys.

Thank you for the kind words and feedback, to you I say
    [IMG]
  13. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Just some others I am working on. These again, are just the pencils, I still have to ink and add details to them.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That horny demon isn't doing what think they are doing with their left hand, are they? o_O
    • Like x 1
  15. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

No, meant to be covering himself as there are bullet holes around him, more of a protective act.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did notice the bullet holes, but wouldn't be the first time someone (specially a horny demon) didn't get turned on and start 'playing with themselves' in a situation like that :p
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

So, I like to try to share good stories when I can. Some of you know, that I am a therapist in my state of CT. I work in a private office with people I have known for around 5 years. We have become somewhat like a family due to the environment created in the office. One such person is our office manager, who, like myself dabbles in the creative arts [mostly Blk/Wht silhouette images and creative stick figure drawing/cards. I think she is quite good. Anywho, one day close to a year ago she purchased the set of markers shown below and I, as many of you other illustrators and artists know are top of the line [and expensive] art markers. She had made comments lately about not using them and made a lot of fun of me [playfully] for my quest to find comparable art markers that do not require taking out some kind of loan or act of committing of a felony to buy. I had made comments about offering her a number to buy them off of her and she kindly turned the offers down. Yesterday, we were in the office and she said "hold out your hands, I have a present for you" . Knowing her I thought is was a form that need to be re-written or some paperwork related item that needed some notation on it. In my hands she places these markers and says "they're yours". I was very overwhelmed by this and thanked her profusely. She said "I expect something good drawn with these". I asked her what her favorite book character was and she replied a moment later "Gandalf". So I set out and began what I consider my first "commission" that I think she WAY over paid for. But here is the result of the initial stage of the drawing. I am awaiting some new ink pens before I begin inking and coloring this one and a bunch of others.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When scrolled down to the bottom and then up, as soon as saw that image immediate thought was "Gandalf and the Balrog" :D
    • Like x 1
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The most awesome scene against the Balrog
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

totally agree with you on this. I watch it every now and then just get a sense of the awesomeness that is Gandalf.