New Qwardian Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 4, 2017.

1. nymeryon New Player

I started DCUO 4 years ago as legendary member, trying hard and harder to match last level without paying more than membership.
    It went difficult to impossible now.

It's a serious lack of respect to players. Box and capsules to pay, we can pay skill points event too. We are already paying a membership, now dcuo has become greedy, like orange lantern. And lazy: Water power still waiting, as legend gorilla grod or zoom.

With new dlc Amazon Collection and now new capsules, i can't finish my SP and i can't match with people paying 300 euros each month.
    This was a combat game, now i'ts more a candy-crush like, collecting, paying for new coins.
    • Like x 6
  2. rudyta Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Riddim7 Active Player

Playing this game since FOS2 was hardest raid in game ;), when HL was best power in game and not only because devs make it like that but in big part because clipping skills of players really matter.
    Now looking on that pile of... things happening in game:
    -buying skills points ( which totaly pervert meaning of that word since dont need any skills to buy something only need big wallet)
    -loot system which for few weeks dont give nothing and then will give loot list with the same thing, and only devs solution on that is vendor where you can buy gear, but even this, that gear dont matter because stats rise of that gear is so minimal that almost dont matter, and need it only to rise cr.
    -pve atomic battle tanks - tottaly dont understand idea of letting any role beside dps doing so much damage. Its tank role and if developers dont see difference between dps and tank role and what they job is in raids/alerts then dont know how thay can develop any kind of mmorpg game and they aswell should let healers/trolls have the same damage output and roles will be pointless.
    -totaly garbage pvp game system - you dont need pvp gear to play pvp o_Oo_Oo_O. You just need good power to play it, which good proof are fire tanks or sorcery healers and game will buff gear stats anyway. 99% of duels are made in pve gear because developers prefer to watch on cash income then on that pve attack can 1shoot pvp gear in duel.
    -loot locking players on elite version of raid/alert by doing ealier normal version - just to force players to buy reply badges. Didnt saw that kind of cheap tricks in any game. Did i get loot from it that im loot locked? No. So what is going on, beside trying to rip off players.

Looking on all above, first time after so much time, seems that this is about time to cancel subscribe and start searching for better game. Game where about my toon progress will be deciding time i put in and not how much money i can afford to pump into game.
    • Like x 4
  4. geostew Well-Known Player

So are the amazon boxes gone now?
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I suggest you Final Fantasy 14 online. One of the best mmorpg out here. I still play, more than dcuo too. It is pay2play and worth it a lot. They really like their customers and the community is really solidarity. They really know how to make a mmo really enjoyable. Also The Elder Scroll Online to try too.
    • Like x 3
  6. LookHere Active Player

Thanks buddy. Love these videos.

P.S. 120 boxes and still no henchman trinket, no back piece, no chest piece, no rare(blue) collection pieces. Sad crap.
  7. rudyta Well-Known Player

8. MensSana Active Player

Remove feats from capsule... we already pay the membership, it should be enough... if you need more money, try to make a better game and get new ppl!!
    • Like x 5
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

Let's say you paid money for those Stabilizers; do you feel that was $120 well spent?
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

It's been a nonstop cash grab ever since Jackster was hired. Booster Bundle and a time capsule up at the same time? SMH
    • Like x 5
  11. Nodens Dedicated Player

Yep. This crap has got the stink of Jackster all over it. I've got leaguemates telling me this isn't the first game he's pulled this crud on. -plus, as bad as the RNG was before he took over, at least some people had a chance of getting what they wanted. The drop rate for the good items in those amazon TC's is so bad, it's a biblical curse.
    • Like x 3
  12. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Can i get a green name to unintergrate my qwardian henchmen since u guys decide to make them tradeable a day after i collect them
  13. uly31xx5 New Player

This is why they did not place any materials in the market place as they have noticed the tendencies of the player base, which most would over spend and never get what they. They would have had least players buy the material out right then how they are in the game atm.
    • Like x 1
  14. gamma 9 Active Player

Iam still wondering why the kct op rings became obsolete like almost overnight..soooo rediculous. An Op weapon, or shoulders would have been fine for the amazon 3 dlc... i also really wished this anti monitor content was part of the new titanic dlc n not an anniversary event, ..seems like a waste of talent n storyline to just soon disappear... But lower cr's get a chance to gain quick cr. Hopefully skill also. can only hope the next dlc is up to par..
    Stay safe friends
  15. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I have no real interest in the stabilizers or the auras, feats, and materials attached to them primarily due to the absurdity of their drop rate. If you are going to make someone pay X amount for something that won't drop until X amount is paid for, you might as well just sell it outright on the marketplace. This is a very shady practice and it's a good way to polarize a gaming community. But I get it, deceitfulness is far too profitable. Seems like only a handful of people are forking over the money for these "rare in-game items" but that will undoubtedly change in the future. Perhaps we all should give those people their due diligence and thank them for keeping the game afloat.

Regarding the videos people keep posting where they show themselves in-game opening 120+ stabilizers and still not completing a certain collection or feat, heed these words Developers of DC Universe Online; Don't be so keen to bite the hand of the one that is feeding you.
  16. Robo Kristy New Player

Fellow DCUO players,

While I echo your frustrations with the 3 star feats attached to styles and 1 star feats attached to emblems that are attainable through opening these new time capsules, the way you are letting the game developers know about your frustrations is really actually childish.
    Yes, these feats are harder to get if you do not have a full membership (remember that stabilizer key parts drop in the daily event in the on duty tab, differing in amounts based on free/premium/member accounts), but the feats ARE very doable as long as you want to dedicate time to it. If the feats are just causing you too much frustration, then forget about them! You don't have to get them in order to progress in game. True, skill points help make a loadout better, but in the long run 2 to 3 sp per time capsule release won't get you to the top if you're shirking all the other lpve, pvp, dlc and other feats.

I do share everyone's opinion that maybe there should be feats for tracking purposes on these new styles but that there be no point reward for them like with obtaining a full elite set of gear. Maybe throw in a title for those that have worked hard or spent a lot of money to get it done. But devs, don't feel the need to stop what you're doing. I think it's great that you're continually adding more content and more styles to the vast array that's already there (ALERT TO PLAYERS: THEY ADDED FREE ANNIVERSARY CONTENT WITH THE TIME CAPSULE RELEASE SO THANK THE DEVS FOR THAT WHILE YOU COMPLAIN).

Daybreak has done a lot to better this game recently--they switched the DLC drops back to bigger, better-developed hunks of content every few months as opposed to monthly drops that varied in quality; they continually revamp powers (and yes they are working on getting to the ones that are least favorable as they move down the list); and they look for opportunities to tie in new storylines and crossover events into the content of DCUO.

So this is my request to the players of DCUO and those posting on this thread:
    Share your opinions with the devs (it really helps them!), but let's do so in a kind fashion, not simply aiming to just tear down this game because we're upset with one aspect of a great game. I have enjoyed this game since its release and it has been my choice to spend real life money on this game based on dlc releases and other promotional events. Let it be your choice to spend your own money and don't blame the developers for raiding your wallet if you're not being frugal with your money and not getting what you want. We make our own choices, and we should take responsibility for our own faults and not dump blame and whine at the people who made this game (after all, how many of YOU could actually do what they do and make this game and maintain it and read through all the forums and update everything?).

To those of you who actually read all of this, and I hope at least one DCUO dev read this, thank you for reading, and to the players, I stress again: PLEASE keep voicing your opinions on stuff as it helps this game to grow and develop, but share your thoughts positively and kindly without flat-out whining and cussing out the makers of DCUO.
    --Robo Kristy, dedicated USPC villain
  17. Laura Lightning Level 30

Our opinions do not matter to the Devs. Period.
  18. shadyxxxshady New Player

Mepps is that you?
    • Like x 5
  19. IamINC Dedicated Player

20. Xibo Loyal Player