An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Apollyonx Active Player

My solution to health bars in this game has been the same for quite some time. They need to reduce the damage you take by something around 33 percent and reduce the amount of healing by even more (something around 55 percent). The majority of content that I heal, people only die to 1 shots. Healers heal for too much in this game. By reducing the amount of healing we do it will make content tougher and by reducing the amount of dmg in the 1 shots will not be as much of a thing. It should be challening to keep health bars up, not just press 1 button and they are all full. Also take diminishing returns off resto, make it so that the more resto you get the better you get in linear fashion....ya know, make stats matter..
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. motionsick Well-Known Player

The game is pretty one shot heavy, I'd agree. Right now, I'd be happy if they all just worked. I haven't been in KCT in a while, but last time I was in there, it seemed Lex's Surface Strike/Bunker Buster animation only worked properly 2/3 of the time. One time I was in there, it killed me, then the animation appeared on my dead body afterwards. o_O

But, as far as things that are broken go.. I'd have to say changing healing is pretty low on the list. Maybe it'll happen from getting rid of CR differentials. Health bars are pretty rudimentary too, not a lot of info there.

A Rage tank at 100K buffed health at 75% health is a lot different than an Earth tank with 30K health, at 75% health - but the health bar would still show the same.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Made a little rant thread yesterday (got pushed into the official TC/Event thread) and just ranted a few mins ago.

Just wanted to thank you all for the great support and the celestial community is by far the best community ever.
    Take care and have fun all.
    I might look into the forums here and then, but currently not planning to play this game. Not aslong as they don't change the current businessmodell.
    Even #statsmatter won't help that, if the ways to make money and skillpoints are tied together.

Much love and all ;)

~Tilz
    • Like x 4
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Don't blame you one bit, man.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Thank you for all the Celestial advice over the past few months. I switched over to Celestial during DWF and it's been mostly fun playing with a new power. I still run the event for stabilizers when I remember to do so, but the motivation for end game players isn't much. The best thing about the new event is I can level up my neglected heroes if I want to now.
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm still ghosting here and then through the forums. And if the devs get rid of that TCs + Feat i'm back!
    • Like x 1
  8. Dr.Dip New Player

I'm just curious if these load outs are up to date still, ret and wrath 3 buffs, I read a large bit on battle healing but still kinda confused on the exact load out, and seeking a pvp load out in dps stance, looks like the healing portion was covered pretty well, I'm a newer player from Xbox just finished all my troll styles so now going to a heal power for some more feat chasing and celestial looked real fun, love the combo powers
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

A bit concerned about what I'm seeing with the Atomic revamp. Atomic is probably the best indicator of what's in store for Celestial. Unless they plan to change the power costs and cooldowns, it doesn't look like clipped combos are going to be sustainable. Not sure I can go back to weapon attacks with Celestial DPS. I use them to proc McB, when healing without a troller, but it's definitely not my preferred play style.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What worries me the most is the combo inputs in atomic cost power to cast. If they apply that to celestial, we won't be sustainable at all, especially if they make the damage for PcDL worth while. It will be a power hog to cast having 4 inputs sucking up power ....
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

At this point I am not sure if malediction to benediction will still be a combo. Either it will be a weapon buff, and they get rid of annoint. Or they get rid of malediction and benediction and make annoint the weapon buff.

So far every healing powerset on test has lost either 1 or 2 healing powers. And supercharges nerfed or adjusted like electrics invigorate losing its power back and transcedence healing adjusted.

It makes me scared to see what they change with celestial's CG. Since Spord is the creator of our power hopefully we will get treated right.

But electric is bad, and it seems no one except for 2 people are speaking up about the powerset which may leave it doomed when this update goes live.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

I feel like Rage and HL players that liked the older style clip heavy play will get the worst of it as you would basically have to somehow sustain about twice the power cost of nonCombo powers' play from the tray options.

Some of the HL players who got mad the viable clip heavy rotation that unintentionally popped up during the mid-range update got removed might just riot if the clip heavy rotations they were hoping would become viable again become arguably the worst.

I hate that they insist that having to invest in a secondary stat to make play from the tray possible. It will make weapon-based methods of damage scale more than power heavy rotations as they can invest straight into Precision while the power-based have to invest into a certain amount of Power before they can even get the chance to start investing into Might to catch up. This basically makes balance impossible as when you balance the various rotations around having certain mods and/or skill points they will scale differently and be unbalanced at every other combination of mods and/or skill points. Why implement a system that creates such a barrier to balancing?

This is especially noticeable in that it has been an issue with AMs as well. Quantum scales too much because of it's AM design and is always either to strong or to weak because of it, and Ice even has it to an extent due to having the only Attack Buff with critical attack damage on live. Sorcery and Earth are the flipside in that the pets don't scale with stats making them scale too little also having the issue of always being too strong or too weak. They aren't even addressing the problem of pets not scaling with stats still, meaning there will still be even more scaling issues making it impossible to balance Sorcery, Earth, and even Nature, Ice , and Gadgets to an extent with the other powers.

All in all my biggest problem is that there is still clearly no cohesive vision. The update continues to appear to be a bunch of smaller concepts thrown together with no thought given to how they affect each other.
    • Like x 5
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There's nothing more to say about Electricity at this point until we get some more changes because the only thing I know Spord fixed was the damage on Electroburst (underperforming).

What I suspect from a Celestial revamp on the healing side is this:
    Purified PI is gone from Retribution and Divine Light.
    McB is gone because the ability combos no longer do prec damage.
    You will no longer receive healing from cBlight.
    Any proc heal will be gone, like BcDM and RcC
    Sacrifice just be an 8 player shield now.
    Cursed Idol will be a set DoT and be 50%
    As Celestial only has 5 non-combo heals, something will be reworked, like Retribution, into a low cost -low result spam heal in healer role.
    Consume Soul loses the burst and gains a longer cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sounds absolutely dreadful. I'd straight up tell them it's trash. Though Retribution becoming a 180 frontal heal would be amazing. It's animation has a dovetail though and wouldn't be ideal to try and spam by itself. Give it a burst of 52-66 and it's good to go.
    That's the only good change I can see. And having cWither provide a diminishing fractured burst heal of 24 on the initial tick then the other two be 1/3 the strength of the burst.
    Trade off would be no damage done.
    • Like x 2
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm with Supreme on this. If the changes go down as you predict, it will absolutely kill the powerset for me. For now, I'll wait and see.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yep, but it's clear how they are giving all the healers similar tools to use that only have slight differentiation. Calling it now that Nature will lose its pheromone stacks. The real question is whether Celestial or Nature will get butchered next.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I hope Pheromones don't get destroyed... or poison spores.. it's what makes nature nature.
    And our battle heals with our combos make Celestial Celestial... if that's gone... I'm done. I keep coming back in hopes of seeing some good come out of the game but it really just seems that I will never see that.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I already feel like testers are starting to check out. Not a good sign.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Bad Karma heals are gone. Only makes sense that Pheromones will go too.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

:( :(
    • Like x 1