Rage DPS related question.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Seethra, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Seethra Well-Known Player

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions related to Rage DPS.
    Now I did read the guide found in the Oracle's Database, but it did not answer the specific questions I have.
    I am close to 30, but not quite there yet, 27 at the moment.

++++++++

As a Rage DPS, what is my stat priority?
    Might, precision, crit related stats?
    It is my understanding that Might is for Powers and precision for combo's/weapons - am I correct in this assumption?

That makes me assume that I should go both ways instead of trying to get the most of one particular stat.
    I realize that the guide explains how to mod, but it doesn't tell me the actual priority, I'm simply curious.

++++++++

Rage Crash. I am aware of what it does and how it can affect my character.
    In specifics, I am inexperienced.
    In order to cancel out the negative effect, I can use a number of abilities.
    How, I wonder, or rather when, does it get cancelled?
    If the Rage Crash is ticking, do I simply use a cancel-out ability at any given time, or does it need to be timed to the moment where it detonates so to speak?
    And is there any visual/audio indicator I can use to see when it is about to pop?

++++++++

If it helps in any way at all, the loadout my lvl 27 is using is this:

Relentless Anger - Bloodlust - Plasma Retch - Outrage - Dreadful Blast - < open spot, using berserk currently >

What I do is pop RA and BL > Outrage + hold melee > Dreadful Blast + Hold Range + Hold Range (clip with) > Plasma Retch (with jump cancel) and start back from Outrage onwards again - rinse repeat.
    Redo RA and BL when they are available again.

Not sure when to include any ability into this, or which. i'm leaning towards Berserk.
    I don't have a lot of funds (maybe like 10-12k $) so I would like to keep respecs to a minimum due to financial reasons.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Precision is your main stat for now, might will be after stats revamp (unless it changes).

You need to time the detonation moment. Audio indicator is the faster beating of hearbeat, which by default is overrides other audio effects. Visually, the red circle radiating from your body will grow denser/or fuller, crash moment happens the moment before it is completely full. You can also tell by the remaining time on your cooldown notification. As you get more experienced you will be able to do it by muscle memory.

Remove plasma retch, add galling eruption. Plasma cannot be animation cancelled fast enough for it not to be a dps loss. Keep berserk. Never use infuriate.

To initiate combat, pop galling eruption+ RA+BL all clipped together -> dreadfull blast full combo -> animation cancel/clip last hit as soon as possible for the damage to still count, -> outrage combo - repeat until GE+RA+BL are off cooldown.

When going to use berserk, you need to make sure you're already in the middle of a dreadful blast combo. Clipping last hit of the combo with berserk will add dreadful blast's last hit to berserk's effect of double damage.

You can use 2 full dreadful blast combo's and 1 outrage combo during the duration of the supercharge. Never use BL, GE or RA during berserk's duration unless you used them beforehand.
  3. Seethra Well-Known Player

Thank you.

In terms of the overall stat priority: Precision > Might > Crit % > Crit dmg?
    Does Restoration or Vitalization play any part in the stats somewhere?
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Always get your attack crits from each tree before anything else with any dps build regardless of power.
    Crits, precision, might in that order :)
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Eviscerating chain does extra damage on near dead things... Bravo for trying to master rage crash, should be very helpful if u go tank. But you can also just throw crash out the window and use remorseless recovery. You activate it and then you are healed based on damage you dish out.(wep or combos)

For all powers:
    Yellow numbers = Might damage
    White = precision
    • Like x 1
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

since audio rage crash canceling isnt always reliable u can do that visual for example use a cancel ability when the rage crash ability icon cooldown shows at 9 o'clock, atleast thats how i was using it 1 years ago.
    • Like x 1
  7. Seethra Well-Known Player

Im hoping to play tank as well some day, but I have no experience with post 30 content I am afraid and would hate to be the target of flames or similar due to learning the ropes.
    I am not in a League, only been playing a week now, and I have no friends that play DCUO on the PS4.
    Once I get to know some people ingame and I can start doing post 30 content, I'll be wanting to try it.
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

I wouldn't worry about tanking until you are above at least 100 Cr. It would be hard for you to get enough of a tank set of gear to tank anyways. Most tiers below 7 are just follow the high dps anyways so you really don't have to worry about being flamed until you get into a group that wipes then the punishment to the innocent and praise of the guilty happens.

Rage tanking is simple to learn but hard to master. i would suggest trying it against some at level open world adds before going into content. That what I did. Tried different load outs in open world against adds of the same cr. You will eventually die but if you last until you run out of power against multiple adds then you are good enough to do it in content. Just make sure the enemy banner is red (single man target) and not purple (4 man target) or orange (8 man target).
  9. Seethra Well-Known Player

Red equals aggro on me?
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

You can also ignore all those melee nonsens loadsout and try old school range loadsout .
    1) GE
    2) RA
    3) Bloodlust
    4)PR
    5)DB
    6) infiuriate or berserk or robot
    To be honest i never met any other rage who could beat me specialy those melee they are always bad as ....
    Rotation .
    123 in same time
    5 DB combo cut with 4 PR cut with jump cancel ( space bar )
    then DB cut with DB
    and again 123 in same time .....
    Whole trick is postioning u cant stand to close or to far .
    The best way to figure out position is when u got sorcer with circle of destruction in loadsout u must stand out of circle but not to far(borderline) .
    Its best loadsout for me .
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Heads up: If you're planning to mod precision, be careful about it.

The Developers are planning to Change All Precision based powers over to Might based. This change will affect Celestial, Light, and Rage.

12. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

Heres my full range loadout i use mostly when i pug Raids and Alert

1-Remorseless Recovery
    2-Bloodlust
    3-Relentless Anger
    4-Dreadful Blast
    5-Plasma Retch
    6-Infuriate

Start off with D.Blast full combo so you can start getting power back then right before your second range hold hits use your Buffs 1-2-3 into 5 Plasma Retch jump cancel into Dreadful blast then right before your second range hold hits clip Dreadful blast so you get off more DBs and repeat till buffs are back. Also when using the Sc Same as first Db clipped 1-2-3-then infuriate into 5 then repeat. i use Infuriate instead of Berserk because it 35% Sc which i could use close to 3 times in quick sessions versus and 50% which doesn't last long also infuriate heals you and 3 Gms with increased Crits. Though be warned if you get Stunned alot or lunged alot it will get very Power hungry over time without A Troll in the group
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Not an exp. Rage player here , but gale summed it up pretty well.

As for aggro: there is a guide about aggro in the guide section.
    As a tank you basically but a target with a mightattack and then you have aggro for a certain amount of time.
    Aggro and pulling adds are something different.

and aggro has nothing to do with dominance.
  14. motionsick Well-Known Player

You'll hear the audio indicator as a loud heartbeat. Due to the nature of lag/how the game is built it's not always reliable, and you'll have to depend on your own counting. If you think of it as a clock, after you hit Severe Punishment you have protection for 8 seconds, after that you MUST cast a Rage crash cancelling power - otherwise you will take in ALL of the damage you just absorbed. (you can also cast a Rage crash mitigator to reduce the absorbed damage)

Because of the cooldown (10 seconds) - you can be vulnerable for 2 seconds (no damage absorbtion) after Rage mode ends. (block or be attacking) Every power you cast increases your health by 2/3 of your dominance PER enemy.

Check out Deathmike's mini Rage tanking guide:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rage-tank-miniguide.192110/

This chart may/may not help (based on 10 second clock):

[IMG]
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Base mods all prec ( expensive as fk ) - done
    All mods in gear prec,prec/health ,prec/power -done

The moment when i broke my laptop priceless !!! its my 2nd laptop after AF III .1st was broken after i discovered that this 300 coins collection its just a style .

PS:
    I like how you change this mem :)
    • Like x 1
  16. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I did some experimenting with dif combos. Wanted to see if adding plasma burn PI would do anything cool to my damage. UGH. Hated all the other combos. Frenzy, revenge?. Adding Retch didnt do very much on training dummys. That damage aura is beyond worthless both in length and damage. Retch didnt last long either. Cant afford to spam buff pi powers like that. I saw a guy clipping the holy hell out of rage vs a traing dummy and i stole part of that.

Dread blast was something i would use only rarely. But i saw that dude clip the third hit from DB into outrage. Normally i used outrage+E chain. After going back to my old loadout after experimenting i swapped e chain for dread and i really like it. DB is on triangle so its super easy to do combo, it doesnt even feel like i do tap hold hold but i must be. Only problem is if you clip to fast or maybe just random I dont get two hits out of outrage and the second hit has all the damage... If u clip slow it works fine.

But my LO is outage, dread, bloodlust, e chain, ire, remorseless.

Now i can still bust out e chain if things are low on health. Bloodlust is third but thats what u start with i just like having it out of the way. You can start with outrage to immediately get in ur enemies face or start with dread to start dishing out big damage. I almost always start with dread. Another thing I love about dread is that it has nice aoe AND it usually juggles weaker adds.

Been playing this the last few days and I love it. In raids without adds that drop power spheres long fights can be trouble lol. I also get interrupted like CRAZY in raids. But otherwise you should be very competitive dps-wise.

I really felt the urge to put that rage pull where e chain is, dread can spread em out. But you dont have dom to make it work well and I like the idea of having a finisher move with E chain. I use a chain as a belt so I think that power is pretty vital to my character.