Players using,

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gimpy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Before I started playing DCUO, I was rubbish with a controller. I started playing at my friend's house on his PS3, and ended up completely proficient at using one, just through playing this game. I didn't have a PS3, but I loved the game so much I downloaded the PC version, and got used to using the keyboard and mouse for the game too.

Controllers (on PC) are great for day to day stuff like On Duty content, but I prefer the greater accuracy and mouse response adjustment you can get with a mouse for PvP, Races and anything else that needs it. And keyboards on the PS3 suck. I never get used to the text entry screen not opening, and sit there mashing the D-pad and circle buttons until I remember to type.

Using the ability tray on a keyboard is tricky. Soders and trinkets / consumables / extra soders are waaaaaaaaaaaaay over on the 7, 8, 9, 0 and - keys, and using stuff like the bow and rifle (direction--->mouse click) combos can be hit and miss inasmuch as they sometimes just don't happen. A controller is way more reliable at doing those, but you're never 100% sure which you're going to get - Arrow Storm or Explosive Shot, for instance. It seems to depend somewhat on whether you're facing towards or away from the camera, but usually it's just a lottery for me :D.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I have tried playing this game with a controller and I can't... I get stuck holding the trigger too many times. lol And clipping... how? My props were to the light players of old. lol Now that isn't an easy task to take.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have been using a trackball since the glory days of the Amiga, hate having to use a mouse
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Im on pc and use and xbox controllers. I went and played skyforge when it was new and was keyboard only and man i struggled. Hard. Funny thing is league mates there and in dcuo always say they have tried a controller on pc and said it felt so strange and they struggled. I was always a console player b4 so controller is the only way for me. I found it weird people would struggle with a controller. But if ya only been using a keyboard for years then yea i get it. I just always thought most gamer preferred a controller. Guess not :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I am a ps2 kid :p also have the 360 gamepad for other games. I think its more about what you are used to :)
  6. Anothername Well-Known Player

I envy (but just a tiny bit :p) the controller ability to let the characters "walk" (without abusing the "w" key by absurd amount of tapping).

I once plugged one in just to talk a walk in my re-designed home. Felt a bit silly; and no way in hell I use that thing for regular gameplay.
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I have a gamepad connected for other games. But DCUO, been acro since day one.

Double jump, grapple to rocket assist to jump, grapple again, rocket assist to stop to 180 to rocket assist.
    Tried that with gamepad, impossible.

Pre-WM/AM, I used to have a three clip loadout for gadg. Possible but exhausting on a gamepad. Current loadout, rifle tap and jump between 1234... whilst lock to target and turning camera 360 to check environment. impossible.

Still, hats off gamepad users in this game. But nothing beats having the OPTION to switch to KB/gamepad, which not a lot of console players can do.
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Gaming mouse and keyboard is the only way to go. I have a controller that I hook up every once in a while, but I hate having to shift to get to my utility belt. That is just silly, why do that when I can just press a button on my mouse?
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

My mouse has 4 side buttons. I only use two of them though.

One, is for movement mode. I cannot imagine having to press a keyboard key for that. The other, is for push-to-talk. That, more than anything, I can't imagine having to press a key. No wonder people just leave the mic on!
  10. Delta796th Loyal Player

Back in the days of old school HL clipping you could find many of us down in the WT practicing for hours (literally)
    I remember 2 hr raids, then logging off because your hands would start cramping up!
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

If only we could adjust it for a controller.

Back in the CoD BO( 1&2) days I loved being able to set the controller to "insane".

With DCUO it seems I'm always on the lowest possible response time.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Moi aussi, I play like I'm drunk with a controller. Mouse and keyboard all the way :p
  13. metalfenix Committed Player

I play on PC .... using my trusty old PS3 controller. In my first year I played on PS3 (then 2 years later, hopped to PC) and I still carry my old way of playing.
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

We have a bit in common,

I play drunk using a controller.
  15. Little MD Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    I guess it's time to upgrade my gear to compete with you all.
    • Like x 1
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

My husband bought me a new keyboard for xmas! It's so cool and makes fun clicky noises when I type. Oh and once I figure it out, I'll be able to change the colours on it and other fun such.
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It took me roughly 3 months to learn how to play the game fluidly with a keyboard and mouse (as I was a die hard console user and had never played any game with keyboard and mouse). I spent the first year and a half of the game playing with a controller.

After I went to SOE Live in 2013 and witnessed how fluid the clipping was on a keyboard by observing Clutchmeister I told my 2v2 partner right then and there that I was switching to keyboard and mouse after the event. When I got home I bought a Razer keyboard and mouse and spent the next 3-4 months learning how to essentially play the game from scratch. Man...that first month or two was a struggle. lol.

The thing is now I can't even stand the thought of using a controller. I got so turned off of the idea that I sold my PS3 I owned at the time once I got the hang of the keyboard and mouse and switched to only playing PC games.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I remember that. lol You were like, nope!
    • Like x 1
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I love playing on the ps3 then PC & ps4.

It's more a challenge fighting Invisible enemies.
    Also being on the top of the scorecard in e & p
    while there ps4 & PC players with higher Connection then me.