Players using,

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gimpy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

A Keyboard to play this game,

I give you props!

I've been on test lately and going from a PS controller to the keyboard is truly like learning the game allover again.
    It has made me remember why I went from PC to PS in the 1st place.
    I played lots of games on PC using the keyboard but seriously it took time to get the muscle memory to do the work.

I'm not a proficient typist. Took many years to be able to use 3 fingers and 2 thumbs.

Yes, I know there is a way(download) to use the controllers to play.

Anyone, PC or PS, that uses a keyboard to play, you deserve some credit.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

lol,

and i can'T play sh't with a controller.. idk how you'Re doing it xD
    • Like x 5
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

4 fingers, 2 thumbs!!!:D
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I give mad props to the player they showed on a FNL a while back that played with either no hands, or no hands or feet. Now that is a skilled player in my opinion.
    • Like x 6
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

When I got a PS4, I tried to play this using a joystick. Maybe, MAYBE, 20 minutes was all I could take.

Dear God!

The camera is wonky as all hell. Turning around, targeting? Forget it!

Lol.

That, and the limited buttons, and I'd say those NOT using a KB&M deserve the props!

:D
  6. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad guy trust no one that plays with a keyboard or on a Pc.
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Playing with a keyboard. LOL. Just plug in your PS4 controller to your PC or laptop and your good to go. Why make testing even harder for yourself
    • Like x 1
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

I've tried both ways and I find it so difficult playing on a controller, I know that I'll always be loyal to my keyboard. <3
    • Like x 1
  9. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

<--18 Button mmo mouse user

So, Gamepad useing Celestial or other Combo Powers... How?

I tried to combo with a gamepad & died.
    • Like x 2
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

The PS4 will have to drop in price before I buy 1.

I'm not buying some overpriced video upgrade when there are new things hitting the market in the next 6 months. LOL

4k UHD BD players are already under $80.

The last time new tech dropped that quickly in price, the VCR/DVD combo became a doorstop for the barn door.

I made a pretty good living off of VCR repair, right up to the day they started selling for $30.
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

Yeah the turning and targeting are a bit wonky for the test version as well, I swear it looks like the mini-map is upside down.

18 buttons?
    And here I thought my days playing MechWarrior 1-4 with all the buttons was,,,,,,,,,,
  12. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Left, Right, Middle, "Sniper" Mini Button, 12 Side Buttons, 2 Dpi switches that can be used for other things.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'm going to take a guess,

You haven't played MechWarriors have you?

If I had went straight from MechWarriors to DCUO I wouldn't have to re-learn the KB.

MechWarriors 4 had more buttons to push than any game I've known.

You had to keep moving in different directions while turning your view to keep visual contact and then you had to use half the KB for weapons, abilities, etc., etc., .

Loved the brain work it required,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

back then,,,,

making my brain work now causes headaches.:D
  14. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Naw.

I play Dcuo, Borderlands, Yugioh (getting back into it), Classic games, I've dabbed in wow,
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

You would have to do a google search for it now, was a full blown blast when it was out.
    1st edition was easy to do as there weren't that many keys mainly,

a, w, s, d, for direction, numbers 1-6 for weapons, Fnumbers 1-4 for weapon combos, mouse for targeting/view/wepons.

They started adding in the body direction/view being 2 part in 2nd edition, top of torso would rotate for viewing and targeting while bottom half was direction/flight/jumping, all were extra keystrokes.

The 4th is probably what hurt it most because it went multiple keystrokes for all the above and added in even more multiple keystrokes for new abilities that were just ridiculously impossible to perform unless the person was on meth or a champion speed typist going for the Guinness World Record. I don't think I even made it halfway through the levels while I had 1-3 repeatedly on the hardest setting.

It even had Arcade Game Booths where the player was enclosed inside the command module and fully immersed into the "virtual ( with the lowest possible use of the "virtual world") world" of the game. Never played 1 but would have liked to lol.

It's so old I doubt it will run on anything past Win98 for most PC users.

I have never been a real proficient typist, after 30+ years I have become so fluent in typonese that I can read, write and speak it.
    • Like x 1
  16. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I'm an old school player (really old) and wouldn't even think of using a controller. It would take a major rewiring of my brain, I think. :confused: On the other hand, I've been a strong typist for about 50+ years and my fingers have no problem using the keyboard for multiple toons, power sets, and loadouts (HL, earth, sorc, and quantum in both roles). One thing I've noticed, though, is that there's a slight lag with keyboard commands compared to controllers -- I can arrive at an action node slightly before a PS player and hit the E key, but the other player almost always activates it before my command goes through. (Or maybe my reflexes ain't what they used to be :rolleyes:.
  17. Delta796th Loyal Player

Been a controller player since NES days,. Except for Hori fighting stick and wheel for Gran Turismo never used anything but.

I tried key late on test 1x and I felt like a complete NOOB and never went back
    • Like x 1
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I use both. :p.......... WASD & mouse to move around and run instances. Then I use the controller for stuff like the broker and my inventory. They both have their advantages & I even will use both at the same time if making a bunch of clicks with the mail or broker.

I don't know how people run around and run instances using the controller.
    There are not enough buttons on the controller and the joystick drives me crazy.

The mouse I use most often has at least 6-8 buttons but some guys like to use these.

[IMG]
  19. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Clicking both left and right mouse buttons at the same time activates it. It's lightning-fast, too. I've never looked back since chancing upon it.