Is This There Answer For Pushing 2-2-2-2 Groups?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Here2Help, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

This is one of my worst fears about this revamp: that basic playability will somehow be monetized :(
    • Like x 10
  2. LT Schmitt Committed Player

You are on the right track, just look at how people ran DWF, BBS, UM, KCT, GMO, BN, . These raids you needed 2 healers when they first came out and unless you had one hell of a healer still needed 2 healers until they were not relevant any more. As for 2 tanks, DWF, GMO, BN all needed it for at lease one boss and the Devs could of kept what required 2 tanks for ALL of the boss fights if 2 tanks was what they wanted.

Now when it came to trolls DWF was the only one that seemed to try to push 2 trolls with those drones, now if they made those drones drain more of the groups power it would push team to run with 2 trolls.
    • Like x 2
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

We just wanted AM's, WM, power back and all that participation trophy stuff to go away. We were all expecting a more pre GU36 playstyle minus jump canceling and we got all this weird and unnecessary stuff. Every time the devs tried to change the combat system it didn't work and this time doesn't look any different from the last 2 times. You guys had the formula down right the first time just revert back to Before GU36 that would be pure win.

The game was popular back then cause it was fun, fast paced and there was variety and powers played differently. I don't want my loadout half filled up with things like a power back and super charge builder. I want actual powers so i do more then clip a buff and use one power. :(

If you guys want to bring back 2 trolls 2 healer take power back out of the game, lower the healers resto. If you want 2 tanks you need to focus building content for that not handicapping powers.
    • Like x 14
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My main complaint is how bland the powers have become. I guess what I mean by that is, you guys removed a lot of the DoTs and replaced them with burst. You added variety by removing power points, then took it away again by making many of the abilities carbon copies of each other basically, except this one ability has a longer cool down then that one, or this one ability activates a PI. It's all still just burst powers and it feels like we're playing legends. We need the DoTs back, we need each ability to be unique in its own way. I hope you guys keep that in mind for when you update future powersets.

Need to add more seasoning to the pot of stew. Overloading it with salt won't make it flavorable. Need other spices.
    • Like x 5
  5. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Agree with 90%, AM and WM just needed there bonus removed and weapons needed to be buffed, so you could run all weapons with little powers, half powers half weapons, or all powers"AM" and it all be viable.
    • Like x 2
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This^

I play nature and elec cause i like the dot based powers but now...ugh :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well said. Whilst I don't want it to completely change to exactly what it was like before GU36, I feel like that's what they should be aiming to achieve with stat balancing in place and some minor changes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fies Committed Player

Plz allow us to play our high CR/SP characters asap to get a better picture of all the changes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

It seems to be cookie cutter loadouts or rather forced loadouts.

example:
    Big hitting power, second big hitting power, supercharge building power, Weapon buff, power regen, supercharge

Pretty much 2 free slots only as far as dpsing. Support role is a whole different story.

But I have hope that things will change.
    • Like x 2
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Indeed, and the thing is they really pushed the idea of there being unique and different loadouts. It's a shame that it's not even close to true but hopefully it will be when Stats Matters is a finished product.
    • Like x 2
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Why even have Accelerated Cool-down Mods? If they want to accelerate the cool-down just fix it and get rid of the Mods.
    Slow Cool downs are there ONLY for Monitization, not to change gameplay.
    If you want fast gameplay, you'll have to PAY!
    • Like x 2
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Before making huge game changing decisions like this you guys should talk to the community first before spending months working on stuff that people may or may not like or just not work out. I feel a lot of time was spent focusing on the wrong things when if we all communicated we could have been having a much better experience with much less time wasted and spent in wrong areas of the game.
    • Like x 5
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

There's literally a thread called "Lets talk healing balance" in the powers section, now they it looks like they listened to standardizing the range for some of the abilities as was suggested yet the specific requests for the electricity were basically looked over it seems. >_<
    • Like x 2
  14. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think the changes you've made are all wrong and I'm far from the only one.

I don't understand where the idea to increase all these cooldowns came from. No one asked for this or anything close to this. I'm sorry but these changes on test did not come from player feedback at all. I thought it was clear that a lot of people want a game that is similar to what it was pre-GU36. You could easily encourage two trolls by removing power back mechanics. You could encourage two healers by lowering resto and adding more dots. It seems as though what you're doing now is going to slow down gameplay immensely and I don't think anyone wants that or was ever asking for that. People like the fast-paced gameplay which is what makes this game unique. I feel like you're trying to change this game into a type of MMO that it isn't. You guys need to read all the feedback you're getting from this and see what it is your players actually want.
    • Like x 7
  15. Ogreboy Active Player

Try again... Everything that comes from those capsules can be bought via the broker especially any cool down mods... You people and your "OMG this business is just out to make money!!!1!!!!1!" conspiracy theories are as usual lame AF.
  16. Malachee Committed Player

This. Exactly.
    • Like x 3
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I will say its a very strange feeling to play the game for years and learn everything to the point u feel like u have mastered a role or roles and are a top notch player and then have to relearn how to play the entire game. Its not something i enjoy or look forward to. There is 0 fun involved in that for me personally. Ive had to do it 3 times already. Its exhausting. It doesnt make me wanna log on and play. It makes me want to uninstall. Just being honest here.
    • Like x 8
  18. Malachee Committed Player

I'm with you. And I would guess, so are a LOT of other long-time players.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's what this is. Thanks for helping.
    • Like x 4
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

While I get your point, it can be exhausting, I'm probably in the minority here that likes relearning the games mechanics, as it gives me something to do as well as gives a fresh perspective on the game itself.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.