Dear Devs.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Dec 7, 2016.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's called Replay spam. Even if the content were harder, there would still be people with Elite gear or full regular vendor gear just from replaying content over and over and over. That has nothing to do with the main topic of this thread.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unholy Matrimony is THE perfect raid in this game to demonstrate what happens when you add a whole bunch of mechanics (which are EASY to overcome...if you pay some attention) that can't be beaten with just brute force. There's a reason why we don't have more raids like that (besides the fact that it affects replay spamming), and that's content that hardly gets run, and when it does, hardly gets beaten. Be careful what you wish for people (although if we still get an easy raid for the majority and one more like UM/DWF for the challenge starved players, we should be ok). ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Exactly...content that had no actual difficulty or mechanics...just insane health pools that made the content brutally artificially long and anything but fun. It was a snooze fest.
    • Like x 4
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

I mentioned UM as a benchmark for level, not difficulty, if at CR 189 I have issues beating content that's CR 140 then it's a problem. I didn't level up just so content stays just as hard, that's why I'm against clamping, it negates the whole purpose of leveling. But UM had a couple of things against it also, it's loot system was a mess with normal giving the small gear drops and only Elite giving higher gear drops, then it's timing was also bad with it being the end of the cycle, but with HoP 2 still being relevant people would just go back and farm NGN and HH for marks, then do UMn for it's one gear drop and don't bother with Elite. And people where still getting used to the relevancy system so you would see a lot of CR 120 and 130 players trying UM and getting frustrated because they didn't understand how the system worked.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those issue you mentioned are valid. But the reason why cr189 players aren't beating it have nothing to do with stats or cr differential. It's the fact that it has many mechanics to prevent people from brute forcing their way to a win (with the exception of the last boss fight...you can circumvent its two easy mechanics with the right amount of brute force). In order to get to the last boss fight they need to overcome the mechanics from the first two boss fights. Those who are accustomed to brute forcing their way won't make it far...i've seen this with my own eyes.
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i can relate to the op.

while i appreciate a s smooth, quick run i also like to enjoy content. In the rip in time alert id rather set the bomb off and fly through the vent to unlock the door instead of standing there and trying to catch the cog though the wall. i also appreciate cut scenes that feature my characters and nothing is worse than being in a group that just speeds ahead with little consideration to whos where and what ads are left behind for the support roles to deal with.

thing is is you can't blame the game if the people in your group want to be poor teammates.
  7. Kayla El Committed Player

Stat's revamp won't matter much as long as some will take advantage of replay badges and finish gearing up in the first few days of a new dlc...I'm not against these since they bring the most income but if you want a dlc (developers work) to not be obsolete in matter of days a limit on how many times you are able to reset an instance per day has to be implemented. A little on the side note i think it would be very strong incentive for people to subscribe if on top of those monthly 150 replay badges legendary members would also be able to do any instance twice per day / per week for free.
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Lot of MMO's have checks and balances in place to prevent their group-intended content from being roflstomped to death. A truly successful MMO is not going to turn a disrespectful, blind eye to new players and their experience.

I love how FF14 and TESO are handled in contrast to the dullard design of DCUO's multiplay aspects. From player grouping arrangements being extremely lax, to leaving many other elemens unchecked, including many instance breaking bugs that occur because it was never understood, going into the intial design scripting, what would happen if pariticular event flags could be circumvented by, of all thing, player power. That's also lack of exp' with their own product; putting so much emphasis on the short term 'get it done' approach. Suddenly X instance comes to a dead halt, and it's over for everybody through no fault of the players just doing what they were enabled to do. This still occurred despite multiple cautionary warning from players who knew it needed to be looked into.

Quite a lot is riding on the stats revamp, and much I fear won't be detected by this company's radar.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Id be ready for all the complaints because a ton of players dont seem to even know what a mechanic is :p Im really looking forward to it tho.
  10. IceRaider Dedicated Player

It's gonna kill the population until the real vets come back to show these kids how things are supposed to go lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Agreed on all of the above 100%.

Causes of all of these issues are:
    1. Broken/Bugged Power mechanics
    2. Marketing Scheme prioritized over Game Mechanics
    3. DPS-centered combat scheme development

PS.
    The most outrageous thing they've done latety is to put FEAT POINTS on contents/items/gears from Provisionary Time Capsules.

Feat Points makes up Skill Points.

Question: What Gameplay SKILL a player need to buy and open a Time Capsule to get rare gears and stuffs for a Feat Points to get a Skill Point?

Answer: NONE
    • Like x 2
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

To be fair though since AnB contents been reduced in difficulty. I mean universally reduced. Beck the seasonal got cranked down. The time capsule stabilizer missions are solos with 2 players.

I don't wanna hear seasonal are extra because this game contained mechanics and basic group rules so Its fair to put them in seasonal also. Normal content LPVE, SM, seasonals all been reduced. Players are taught NOT to learn

take olympus regular. You can get the dot on you and never cleanse. How? In the former aler fighting raven as the last boss. Her reflect did not even phase you and as a tank I almost could not die.

Olympus elite second boss. NEVER hit a switch and assuming you have decent burn the fights easier. Echo has encouraged lack of skills.

The entire leveling was redone yet never was a tutorial added? How does speeding players to and game with no tutorials improve a player base? You factor all this in and I see a lot of undeveloped players not so much bad players.
    • Like x 1
  13. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Oh and i almost forgot. They got this latest one on the forums "Survey: We Want Your Feedback Thread" now right?

Well we, the DCUO Community/Players are shouting, crying, mumbling, and begging for how many years now here on the forums?

And yet they are still asking us for our feedback up til now?

I rest my case now.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

i kind of think that its intended the mechanics to only matter in elite content.
  15. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

I'm too long in the game to know what that is :p I'm just being pretty much sarcastic ;)

My point is that replays should have some limit of use per week. If premiums have STILL 2000$ cash cap, why wouldn't members have replay badges cap? Oh, yeah, of course, company benefits of those ............ who waste fortune in 5 days to get elite gear hehe. :)

Once again, game with great potential, but lack of idea of developers to use that potential.
  16. Heal up 96 Level 30

cough Dox had the best raid mechanic's would love to see an elite version!
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Not great.

The stats revamp itself will have a large impact on people blasting through content without needing to pay attention to mechanics.[/quote]

HaHaHaHa.......I can't wait. I'll be here with buckets for the tears........
    • Like x 1
  18. mexmex Dedicated Player

Well the faster the content is beaten, the faster the people will replay it, isn't?
    So even if they don't feel good so their content stomped away real fast, is not about them, is about the company and the company wants $$$$.

SO I AM SURE THE DEVS WOULD LOVE TO MAKE A BETTER GAME, and they must have the ideas of more engaging content with real challenge and all, BUT IS NOT UP TO THEM and their desires, nor even ours, IS ABOUT THE COMPANY WHO OWNS THE GAME. they are calling all the shots, and my guess is they don't even know what the game is about.

So giving a hard time to the devs won't make a difference, they are in the same boat as us, we wishing for a better game to keep playing, they begging to keep the game alive so they can keep their jobs. But is not in us; the owners are the ones to say the final word.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I fear you might be misunderstanding what he is saying. I don't think they are changing the content to allow for mechanics to go through. I think it will be us essentially reduced in damage. Since they are removing AMs, we will have to work for the damage again. Thus creating a slower burn. Which is good and bad.

The tears that we will see wont be, "this is too hard" but "this takes too long". Like AF1 and HoP1 before they nerfed the health of the bosses.
    • Like x 3
  20. motionsick Well-Known Player

For the majority of raids, the mechanics only matter early on in the CR race. After people get pulled through enough times to get a high enough CR things can just be blasted through.

Ironically, I remember trolling KCT and putting the healing-debuff on but seeing his health go UP because the DPSs were having issues killing him. o_O
    • Like x 1