HL's First AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lernik, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Lernik New Player

Hello,

When the advanced mechanics were first introduced, HL went through multiple revisions. I am being told that the dazing PI wasn't added as apart of its first AM. From what I remember, the dazing pi of HL was first added so HL could achieve AM damage comparable to other AMs. The hold combo AM was later added after multiple complaints from the community from the low damage. I am asking for help on this one. Essentially, from what I remember, HL ended up with 2 AMs. I am leaving a little room for doubt on being right but I know what happened in the end. I just need help with this one.

This guy seems to think I am wrong:

2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

For those reading this thread, these are the arguments that I'm stating against what Lernik said in game.
    The original statement he argued was "Chompers was HL's 2nd AM".

1st off - The Dazed PI SYSTEM was HL's 2nd AM. Not Chompers exclusively.

2nd off - That Dazed PI system consisted of extra damage from the Dazed PI + The power back from interacting with Dazed targets.

And as a side note: The Dazed PI, in itself, was added with GU36. The power back from the mechanic was done in GU41.

Currently in the game, there is a 2nd AM system involving the infinite combos that we now use. From the first AM system, that power back has been removed from the game.

In which case, let ask the following questions:

1. If the dazed pi + dazed power back = dazed pi am, what does dazed pi + nothing = ?
    2. If fury from sorcery and crystal from earth were changed, and you no longer had power regen from abilities nor could you give those pets power anymore and all they did was basic attacks like suppressor turret and robot sidekick, are fury and crystal still AM's or would you say they were AM's/used to be AM's?
  3. Lernik New Player

That is NOT what was said. I told you the Dazed PI was HL FIRST AM implemented. Wth is wrong with you? I said DAZING pi. DAZING. The DAZING AM damage remains and the POWER BACK was removed. I told you to read through Tunso's post. This was reiterated through my comments on your YT video and through my post on here. You need to READ. You're too busy on your high horse and not reading what I have said REPEATLY.
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

In game, you said Chompers originally. That's why I made the video to begin with. You didn't say Dazed until after I made the video. You holding an L just from using Chompers specifically. You're about to hold a second L for saying that the Dazed PI by itself is an AM.
  5. Lernik New Player

I SAID DAZING PI. DAZING. The dazing PI being added to HL was suppose to be HL's only way to achieve AM damage and chompers doing addition damage when hit against dazed opponents. I believe the power back was removed when the combo AM was added.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You can keep stating that but both of us as well as anyone in 5v5 chat know you called out Chompers. And even the second half of what you just wrote is technically wrong. Chompers was not the only power to do additional damage when hit against dazed opponents.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-36-april-29-2014.202206/

Chompers shouldn't have been a word to even come out of your mouth regarding HL AM in either state. Even in terms of power back, Spike Quake was there in addition to Chompers.
  7. Lernik New Player

I said dazing PI. I know what I said. You're trying to turn it around on me. I aware of the changes. I am not going to list every single change. The point was if I mentioned CHOMPERS, it was because of that. I fully aware of the history of HL. I said NOTHING about chompers being its AM. Chompers and Spike Quake is its PI applicator. I am not a moron or dumb. You stand corrected.
    • Like x 1
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Sure you are lol
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

1) Apparently you both need to step up and provide measurements....cause this is what it's all about
    [IMG]
    2) You are blacklisting in your video which is against TOS, so it's surely gonna get locked
    3) Who cares!
    • Like x 2
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Yeah, that was his mistake lol That's my video that was on YT that he decided to post here instead of just asking the question.
  11. Lernik New Player

I know what I said. I said the dazing PI. The DAZING PI was added for its FIRST AM. I said the AM damage stayed and the power back removed from its first AM. You did not want to agree that HL has two AMs, but, essentially, it does. It just doesn't have the power back anyway from the Dazing AM. Also, I said once they nerf down AMs with stats matters, HL is not going to do was much damage. That is what was stated.
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

What AM damage? You mean PI damage? Difference there. 3 pi's into EMP is AM damage. GG into EMP is PI damage.
  13. Lernik New Player

Any of the damage sustained from opponents being dazed was apart of the hard light's first AM. Dazing enemies was the only way to achieve AM levels of damage when it was first added. It is not the same as other power sets that had additional damage once xyz power is completed. In essence it is a power interaction. However, dazing was the only way for HL to achieve AM damage in the beginning. Again, hitting dazed opponents and getting additional damage is apart of HL's first AM. This is the first AM HL received. They choose to keep both AMs in the game with a little tweaking to keep HL competitive.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Sadly the Developers did consider the "PI" damage to be "AM" level damage when they first implemented it for HL. In the notes for GU 41 it states:
    This change is also listed under "Advanced Mechanics Burst Damage Improvements".
    • Like x 2
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's not when it was first implemented. Those are the notes for GU41, not GU36 when the PI was made.
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yes but GU41 were "Improvements" to the AM. The Developers already considered it to be an AM even though the damage was pitiful.
    • Like x 1
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Also "to sustain their high damage capabilities over time making them comparable to the other advanced mechanics". Which means that PI damage was a shorter version of AM damage which was supposed to be made equal by granting it power regen.
  18. Lernik New Player

It wasn't totally power regen. Grasping hand and other combos hit substantially harder when dazing is applied. The problem with the dazing PI that it wasn't enough damage thus they provided a new AM. The dazing PI being added was meant to be an AM believe it or not. That's why I think you finding it hard to believe. The dazing AM part of largely over looked for PvP. Most people do not go into the combo am and use safe damage from PI and the hc -> gh -> fan combo. The PI based AM is doing the bulk of the damage.

It's to the point, I think you are looking for holes in my logic. I know what is what. I have sat through your insults and rage. I have to concentrate on my IT courses. There's a reason I have 96% and above in my courses. My memory is pretty solid. :)

Plus it's too early for me to be typing. I am jumbling everything.
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Question 1: If the devs considered it the Dazed PI by itself to be AM damage, why wasn't it nerfed in the pvp update?
    Question 2: So the devs allowed HL to Use WM and AM damage between GU36 and GU41, even though they've clearly separate both?
    Question 3: Can I get a quote from a green name saying the Dazed PI by itself is AM damage BEFORE GU41?
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

Seems like you both are mincing words but not totally correct either.
    The AM or as originally touted as "AWESOME MECHANIC" termed by Spytle was only in terms of damage. They were originally introduced as a way for all the other powers to keep up with Light, Celestial & Rage which were the top dawgs at the time.

AM does not in fact have ANYTHING to do with power regeneration (if you go by the initial design) The power back mechanics while
    working in sync with AM as we know it today are 2 completely and separate things.

Lastly they did NOT choose to keep both AM's active with Light on last change. In fact part of the AM damage calculation is the added damage of PI & INSP while in full AM. You can test this quite easily....