Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd like train tracks. big ones you can put on your floor and piece together to make your own tracj to run through your base or league hall with an engine and cars you can place on top of them.

also dominoes. would be fun if we can make them work like real dominoes, knock one over and the rest fall down.

little late this year for christmas but i think theyd be fun to have.
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Can we have animated butterflies next Spring? All our plants need a good pollinating. Oh and maybe a few............

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Bloodartist_ Active Player

Now Im not totally sure exactly what kind of base items are already in the game since Ive had a long hiatus, but in no particular order..

1. More different wall dividers. Id love to have ways to make the base have a 'common' and 'secret' part, like Gorilla Grodds first base that looked like a dingy warehouse at first but after the secret door turned into a hightech lab.. Also the dividers should look like a full-blown walls to allow turning a large room into couple smaller ones..

2. An animated boom tube

3. More different looks for the amenities/generator/mainframe. Im annoyed how half of the base styles have ugly-looking amenities that don't really fit the base style, especially ancient base, and especially teleporters. For example: I have rigged my ancient lair to look like an apartment in Trigons hellish dimension.... but then the amenities look like something from a Greek theatre play. Ideas for better-looking ones: Egyptian style, Trigon style, Oan style... Any chance of changing the ancient teleporter look like a magical portal instead of a teleporter? It looks so out of place.. In general the appropriate amenities should look more magical rather than computerized ones in silly-looking skins.

4. More high-tech computer terminals. Lex Luthor/Calculator style.

5. Computer desk with a coffee mug on it. Or better yet, ability to place said mug on table surfaces :p

6. Phantom zone projector and observation screen

7. Terrariums for weird outer space animals/plants (Superman's zoo style)

8. Workshop desk for building your own vigilante gadgets.

9. Newspaper clip wall (similar to Riddlers base ingame), hero and villain versions preferably.

10. A floating Mobius chair or something that looks like it
    • Like x 1
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They have Mobius Chair, it doesn't float tho but it's pretty: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mobius_Chair
  5. Bloodartist_ Active Player

6. Bloodartist_ Active Player

11. Bookshelves
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I like the bookshelves they have but we need BIGGER bookshelves
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Since your company holds the rights to FreeRealms... An interactive base object such as a DC Universe styled Tower Defense or checkers game. Being able to interact with the pool table or dart board like in PlayStation Home could also be pretty interesting.

An interactive tv that could be used to view all of your unlocked comic book cutscenes and perhaps various DLC/episode content trailers.
  9. Bloodartist_ Active Player

Really? I dont remember seeing any with actual books in them...
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  11. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Halloween: blood, bats, spiders, ghosts, mausoleums, spooky trees, black cat, mounted medusa head that comes alive every so often.

General: a butler, kitchen items that match (counters, cupboards, islands, etc), more sinister looking plants, arcades, fire walls, bigger tiled floor sections (such has golden/gilded floor plates), tile surround/wall, Cerberus (league hall sized & base sized), mirrors, fountains with water, bathtubs with water, more computers (wall & freestanding), judge's bench, microphone stand, drum set, guitar set, Egyptian canopic jars, ...there's more but I know I won't remember til later. ;)
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

Would really like to see an in-game NPC (any of them) turned into a "sparring target" that fights back and helps players learn how to perform moves and farm immunities.

Just hitting a static dummy doesn't help to learn much if anything.

Make it a MP item and/or a semi-rare drop or a collection reward(preferred) or whatever the Devs decide is the best way to get it to those in need of "learning" some skill with their character.
  13. CharlesQuester Active Player

I have no idea if the devs even are reading this post any more....but....

I would like to see the available for bases.....

Consoles from Star Labs and the PD stations available as base items. (especially since I have a tech lair with my main toon)
    The screen that serve as the bank and broker in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom.
    The individual Watchtower and Hall of Doom wing logo available for bases.
    Tech, Meta and Magic wing wall items that are miniaturized from the Watchtower to fit in bases.
    The small robots that wonder around within the Watchtower.
    And finally, the ability to put all the amenities 8 or 9 down in our base regardless of location. It can even be an unlockable feature. Say after you put down 3 or 4 amenities on the 'purple' circles.
  14. PBCF Active Player

This is a long shot with how old this post is but here goes , I've been thinking about this one especially since Halloween is very close & I'm obsessed with Halloween. I would love to see a layer of billowing steam/ fog you could put on the floor like the size of the water puddles to give your base a creepy/spooky effect it would go great with the steaming cauldron , maybe for the creaky wooden coffin bed instead of having it just wide open, have it so that it isn't fully open but have a vampire hand open it a little then maybe close it just to give it the effect someone is sleeping in that coffin. Oh for the mound of dirt maybe have a skeleton hand reach up out of the dirt for a moment then go back under like a zombie trying to crawl out of it. Also one I would LOVE to see is for the ceiling, since we have spider webs & cocoons why not make a fairly large spider like a tarantula that will walk around on the ceiling & drop down on a web & crawl back up. Would also really like to see miniature mentors that would maybe fly or run around our bases , like a miniature Circe , Joker , Superman , Wonder Woman , ect & say for instance if you get a Villain mentor "pet" & a Hero mentor "pet" & you put them in the same room they will fight it out & destroy your base like your Teekl's do.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-mist-base-item-please-make-it-happen.279205/

Made a thread on this idea as I really wanted it for this Halloween seasonal, but sadly it didn't make the cut :(

Here's hoping it will arrive soon though! This base item idea had a lot of support from people on here.
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

toilet

my poor heros have had to poop for years :)
  17. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

There is a new Harpy's nest base item in AF3, it would look cool with (you know) an actual harpy pet base item.
  18. PBCF Active Player

They do have toilets :) , look up standard toilet or Luxurious Toilet
    • Like x 1
  19. PBCF Active Player

This is why we need the billowing fog , it would go so well in my graveyard & anyone else's graveyard to give it that creepy feel graveyards have on a spooky night, don't mind me sleeping on the coffin , best place for a wide screenshot lol . But the fog would be nice along with the spider walking around on our ceilings , watch it drop down & scare the jeebies out of our friends , that would be awesome .
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Teezax New Player

Butlers or more familiars(pets). Nice to have pets in the base, Just got Teetl and made all my League jealous.