Episode 27 Underworld Trials Alert 3 people

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MAXILIANO, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Little MD Well-Known Player

I am really tired of YOUR argument, that people just want to have a "good" time and just steamroll through some contents. You can do that in T1 - T6, so enjoy yourselves. NONE of these new contents should be easy enough that you can finish it with a whole member missing. That isn't being elite, but the content being unbalanced. For the people that aren't maxed out, sufficient challenge should be in place so that a) they cannot finish the content (which makes sense) or b) need good teamwork to finish the content after a lot of struggling. What the hell happened to the player-base that thrive in challenge?

Why can't we bring back the days when FOS2 bridge would put the entire raid at a hold, when Prime Battleground was introduced and only the maxed out players could finish it and the rest of us had to gear up in Gates until we were ready? I am really tired of this game catering to the casuals, first with AM, then Survival Mode, and the rest of the game content (except DWF and elite. Those were well done). Even SOLOS shouldn't be easy, they should require a sufficient level of difficulty at suggested CR, and be impossible at minimum CR without some help.
    • Like x 2
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's easy to run in a circle the hard part is explaining to the dps that he needs fo run and not pewpew.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

That simply cannot be the case anymore. Alerts are designed to where any group makeup can complete the instance. And for them the alert will be the highest played group content for this DLC outside of the duo. Which means it will be the primary source of replay badges spent for the casual player while hardcore players will spend their replays on the elite raids.

So in this scenario you make your alert easily done by any group via pug or LFG group to help promote easy replay sales. The player base thrives a challenge, but if the devs wanted to give an alert that had a challenge, they would have made an elite version.
  4. Little MD Well-Known Player

Oh God, I forgot to put that "roleless buff" nonsense into my rant too. And we wonder why people don't bother to learn support roles anymore --> they're not needed for the most played instances in the game!

But we're talking about the two extremes of the spectrum of difficulty right? So why not try to aim for more moderate difficulty? The majority of the player-base, to my guess, will be right in the moderate, the middle of the bell curve. Like I've said before, min CR should not be able to complete the content without significant help, while @ sugg CR should be able to complete the content with good team work, and overgeared players can manage to finish the content with a less-complete team. Sure, the devs might gain less replays from the casuals, but might net more replays from the moderates over time.

No alert in the new content should be able to be completed via pug or LFG group at min or sugg CR players without some incredible teamwork. I think that is the moderate difficulty, and ELITE version should present an even greater challenge. e.g. for the well coordinated team at close to max CR and high SP.
    • Like x 1
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No alert in the new content should be able to be completed via pug or LFG group at min or sugg CR players without some incredible teamwork? I'm sorry but what? That's actually exactly how alerts should be lol. The challenge should be with raid content, NOT alert content.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sadly there is a golden rule that casuals > moderate/ hardcore. If the casuals dont play/ replay it due to the content requiring roles, then that alert wont make it to test. Devs tried to seek a middle ground in the past with the green arrow alert, but that was nerfed shortly after it hit live due to the normal version being "too moderate".

Right now with support roles being highly low in number and considered to be not wanted or prefered in alerts. Until stat matters the best plan of action would be to go the easy route for alerts as devs need easy replay sales now, especially considering stats matter probably wont release until a month or the month Episode 28 comes out.
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

After watching the video i have to suspect medusa is supposed to do some other than just stand there when the adds are out. Also maybe its just me but her attacks and moves don't seem that fluid.
  8. Little MD Well-Known Player

The challenge should be with EVERY content mate, not just the raids. Duos, solos, and alerts should ALL provide the players with challenge or else the content will become very stale, very fast. Players unable to finish the alerts can gear up in solos and duos --> then they progress to alerts --> then progress to raids. Seems pretty linear line of thinking to me. By your argument, it'll be: easy mode solos/duos/alerts --> raids --> boredom, when is the next DLC coming out?
    • Like x 3
  9. Little MD Well-Known Player

Hmm, if you don't mind me summarizing your point, it's:

let the devs reap the cash from the casuals for now, come back when statsmatter hits and have fun in episode 28 :(
    • Like x 1
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'll Heal.
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really did not think it would generate this discussion.:eek:
    But at the same time it is very interesting!:)
    The alert is a lot of fun! It really is great fun!
    But it's fun because it is necessary to learn the mechanics of it!
    As I was speaking in Portuguese, it is not possible to understand but I was just talking about this while playing!
    The first boss will be impossible if we do not learn the mechanics!
    But extremamentente easy once you understand the mechanics!
    What was possible to understand this content is that developers are betting on team work and intelligence of the group! and not just "beat" simply!
    What they talked about being in the cr 176, the troll he used the gears that achieved in duo and own alert! Not mod placed.
    That is, he did exactly what someone would do on the live server!
    And my tank on the test server is much lower than my tank of live server!
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

And yet first thing I saw when content was released on test was "player here for new raids ONLY", so yeah might as well make alerts easy since most wont even play them (specially now that gear isn't unique to one piece of content).
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL No. Solos, duo, and alerts are SUPPOSE TO BE EASY. The challenge is meant to come from raids. Anything before raids is SUPPOSE TO BE EASY to get people ready for the raids. That's linear progression. Solos, duos, alerts get you geared and ready for the raids. That's how linear progression works. And easy solos, duos, and alerts do NOT equal boredom. Quite the contrary, HARD solos, duos, and alerts equal boredom lol. Anyone who claims less than raid content should be challenging doesn't have a single clue what they are talking about.

Alerts are easy mode. Raids are hard mode. That's how literally every single similar mmo with similar content does it and remain successful doing so.
    • Like x 1
  14. Little MD Well-Known Player

OR, make the alerts more interesting and challenging so that players will WANT or NEED to play them. See how that works? Besides, your first-hand account is not a good evidence that most will not play the alerts. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Hellooooo. If you make alerts more challenging, FEWER people will actually want to run them. Making them more interesting will get more people on board, NOT by making them more challenging. The raid is where the challenge is suppose to be. Less than 1% of the game's population want a challenging alert lol. Make them more challenging, almost no one will play them.
  16. Little MD Well-Known Player

Wait, wait. You're saying your 2-step progression makes more sense than a 3-step progression? Please explain to me how your linear system with 2 points is more linear than my linear system with 3 points. You're saying solos/duos/alerts should all have similar difficulty to get ready for the raids, and I'm saying solos/duos should get the players ready for alerts, which then should gear them up for raids. Both are LINEAR progression, except my progression adds another challenging component to it. Also, please show me ONE post from devs that says "solos/duos/alerts should be easy." And then I'll consider this matter closed, and admit that I was wrong. Otherwise, everything you've said so far is your opinion, just like mine.

Also, I suppose you're speaking for yourself when hard content bores you, but please don't pretend like you speak for the majority. It's OK to be afraid of challenge, but don't pretend that you're bored by it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Little MD Well-Known Player

Again, you spout statistics yet offer no evidence. Foolish number means nothing. Realize that everything we have said so far are our opinions, not facts.

Also, how do you make a content more interesting but not challenging? If there is a mechanic a group has to figure out to beat the boss, that adds both challenge and more interest, since it's now diverging from just the plain old tank-and-spank. I never said make the bosses have more health or hit harder, and if that's your definition of challenging, then it's too narrow.

And how do you figure that people will not run the alert b/c it's challenging? If they cannot run the raid, they'll run the alert or quit. Are you implying that we should cater to these types of players? "Make it easier for me to beat the game, or I'll quit?"

If that's so, then consider me at a loss.
    • Like x 1
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yes. I was agreeing with you. The first line "this" just means, "what he/she said". And then I went on to explain the details.
  19. metalfenix Committed Player

I agree with this, the difficulty level will surely change all across the game when #statsmatter hits.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, should be beatable wih the minimum CR with a 1-1-1-1 formation, right?