Lets talk healing balance

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Celestial Powers, Oct 12, 2016.

1. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

The only thing I'd say about Celestial is the cooldown on Divine Light should be significantly reduced in healer role to match PcDL. The duration and cooldown need to match on that ability.
    I would also give Blight a 4 man burst of moderate strength and let cAdmonish become a burst heal like Soul Siphon.
    And DMcB should be a four man shield.

About the healing, I can understand why they're failing. Admonish cBlight spam is not netting anything significant.
    What they could do is AcB into Admonish clip CS into Divine Light. Even with Divine Light, all you gotta do is wait for people to be near to each other. The glyphs function like Supply Drops, so it only makes sense to use it wisely.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

No do not adjust the cooldown of DL, because they would then have to adjust healing potency. It would possibly be lowered even more and we don't need that. Pve healing is fine.

However pvp celestial healing could use serious adjustments but I would rather them focus on expanding electric healing instead.

I love celestial, but I think it's fine where it's at and other powersets need attention
    • Like x 1
  3. Rammy Well-Known Player

This is wrong. The differences between encasements and stuns are some powers can detonate encasements and you can pick up encased adds. Powers that detonate encasements don't detonate harvested adds anymore even though thier descriptions were never changed. You also can't pick up adds that have been harvested anymore. Harvest started as an encasement but was changed to a stun during the Nature/Sorcery revamp in update 32.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure it's not a stun. Especially because I can pulled adds when i have a nature heal with harvest in the group...
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Carnivorous Plants is an Encasement, it's also a supercharge. Harvest is a Stun.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Checekd some random video... during the cast it says stun on screen.. so i was wrong (maybe), so nvm then
  7. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Yes it needs to be changed, because of PvP. That's the reason I bring it up.
    They can keep the modes seperate. Look how they destroyed McB, they can keep cooldowns and potency independent of PvE.
    I'm pretty sure that change alone would help tremendously along with some power cost reductions.
  8. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I agree. I have been electric for years and have healed in all types of content so I am well aware of the powerset's limitations. I also take personal pride in being able to be more efficient that people believe electric is while keeping the group alive. I'm not saying I'm OP but I do believe I'm better than average because I apply myself to knowing the abilities of each power and maintaining situational awareness. That being said, I would like some tweaks but I really don't want a major healing revamp that makes electric the flavor of the month. The beautiful visuals already attracts new players but the limitations and learning curve soon causes them to move on.I kinda like the exclusivity.

I also have a earth toon and I remember when earth's AM update caused many to jump on the OP dps bandwagon.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No offense but he did ask for DWFE which is completely different than PBR or BN. I can solo heal DWF with all Healer powers but that's only because I've played them for years. Solo healing isn't only about the Healer though, it's about all roles most importantly the Tank(s). If they use immunities properly and grab all adds anyone can solo heal cause at that point it isn't hard, which makes healing DWFE solo a feat of its own because of the adds, AOE's, and duo Bosses in each fight. Solo healing couldn't be done if it weren't for power management, soders, and supply drops which isn't a power so technically he is right about Electricity underperforming compared to other healers.

I put frequently and I hardly see electric healers. Maybe two in the last month not including myself. The lack of electric healers correlates with the lack of DPS apspect but if Electricity was as OP as everyone claims, there would be a lot more of them
    • Like x 3
  10. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Yeahh I know we've talked about this before and yes the best and only update if they could do to both powers would be to match the 4 man heal ability cooldowns to Admonish. This is the lazy fix they could prescribe and it'll help both power sets a lot as the four man heals are trivial to the core mechanic of healing for both power sets. Seems like the majority agree with this at least.

This gives Sorcery more reliability in its burst heals since you can power the watcher faster and even if you get screwed by it casting shared fate you won't be completely hopeless.

It gives Electric so much more reliability in ensuring it's PI is always on the group and doesn't really take away any skill since you need to make sure your positioned correctly for it to work.

I still think they should get the same range as Renew / Admonish. The priority and 4 man heals that is.
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

No offense but whats that 3rd movie about ? Problem is some people know how to play other will never learn coz they prefer to spend hours on forum crying instead of use this time and learn how to play. No point to arguee with this kind of people specialy when new things are close next to the corner .I can already imagine all those cry when it comes to live server becouse some people will figure out in one day others ( lazzy ) need 10 years for that .
    I agree that electric dps is bad but healer is same good as other healing power .
    Lets w8 and c what will happend after new revamp no point of making shiiit storm now .
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

We shall see indeed.
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

Any healing power gains from managing power, soder colas and supply drops.

There's a lack of electricity healers due to how high the skill level is just to be able to efficiently finish a raid. As you said, the weakness of the damage dealing side can also play a role. It's nothing to do with electricity itself being bad, it's to do with people being bad with electricity.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

I agree, electro healing is not easy to use. You have to be fast. If you are fast, then its not bad at all. You dont have strong hots, but your burst heal compensates for it. Electro needs good reflexes ^^
    • Like x 1
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Any video posted about electric healing here isn't relevant the closest was that DWFe video sure but it's past the intended CR relevancy which was 168, if you attempted that raid at it's intended CR you'd never beat it which Sorcery or Electric for reasons I've mentioned before. If you can't see that then you shouldn't be the one to argue the power set is fine.

Honestly healing with Electric isn't as hard as you lot are making it sound, you put a net on all of your group members and it's just another thing you need to keep an eye out to refresh, If someone can't do that then obviously they'll have a bad time.

The reason why you barely see Electric Healers could be because of DPS or because it just sucks compared to Nature and Celestial Healing. Lets not kid ourselves here and say it has a niche, Nature and Celestial does everything Electric does and more. At low tier play the safety net does help but people with good reaction time don't need it to save people from dying.
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

And electricity does things that other healing powers can't do and more as well. Different healing powers offer different advantages and disadvantages. Just because another healing power might be better than another in one scenario (DWFe seems to be a big example), doesn't mean it's worse overall. There's plenty of places electricity can outperform other healing powers. Once again using tanks as an example, different tank powers thrive in different situations (rage with adds for example), but that doesn't mean certain tank powers are weak and need to be buffed because they have a weakness that is another tank power's strength. This is the exact same with electricity and other healing powers. It has weaknesses (and also strengths), but just because another power (such as nature and celestial) has strengths in what electricity is weak at doesn't mean electricity itself is weaker than them overall. It just means electricity is weaker than those powers in one aspect of healing, and that is fine. If all powers offered the exact same strengths and weaknesses to players, what's the point of having different healing powers? Just for visuals? That's the problem with balance - finding that sweet spot where things can be different but equal instead of finding equality in similarity.

PS: The reply is focused on the whole of the thread, not just Unholy.
    • Like x 1
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

You know, it'd be easier to provide examples. I'll try to show you where I'm coming from. The "niche" powers only.

Short Range, think FOS1 Corridors: Everything works well here, ads are usually bunched up as well as the group. There hasn't been any area in the game that has mechanics to worry about besides ads (Except the batcave hell). You have many choices to heal because the requisites for powers are easily accessible. Shard Of Life/Circle of Protection/Galvanize/Electroburst/Electrogenesis/Cross Pollination/Arc Lightning/, everyone is bunched up.

Medium Range, think HH, ToTD, DWF: Short ranged powers are have no value anymore since people are more spread out. Certain powers like Circle/Shard/Galvanize/Arc/CrossPol are still useful since you can easily position to be useful but it depends on the mechanics you face. Powers like Arc and Shard are less useful here as you can only cast them on the enemy are require positioning to be in your favour. Boss fights usually have this room design and the fight may or may not have ads which can effect healing, these powers are used to supplement your core healing mechanic but are not very strong if there is a lot of damage coming through.

Long Range, think SM, Open World, Fos2 Meta fight: Your niche powers are very weak, no chance everyone will be bunched together if the objective is survival, you need to rely on your core healing mechanics (which have long cooldowns) Galvanize and Cross Pol are fairly useless, Shard and Arc are reduced to tank heals. The range on the your core healing mechanics are limited which requires you to actually move around. But sometimes you can't be near people without the threat of dying yourself.

Where exactly do Sorcery and Electric perform better than Nature or Celestial? The answer for sorcery is if there are a ton of ads, Soul Siphon is your bread and butter. Electric? Prey everyone doesn't get hit below 45% life all at once and hope everyone is bunched together and are near enemies for Arc to bounce to.

The point I'm trying to make is Nature and Celestial have little to none weaknesses (Except Natures Range) compared to Sorcery and Electric. N & C are so much more forgiving to use at all ranges it doesn't matter what S & E have. Sure Galvanize is useful when everyone's bunched up, but so is admonish, consume soul, wotp, divine light and the combo variants. So is Cross Pol into Blossom.
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Electric needs more healing powers in general. Electrocute, tesla ball and voltaic bolt need to have healing potency added to them
    • Like x 1
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

When I heal with Nature and Sorcery I use far less power than I do with Celestial and Electricty. The only time I use a lot of power with Sorcery is when most of the groups health drops and I have to spam because Ritualistic Word is a 4 person heal and Shard is an AOE Heal, but that can be slightly easier to deal with when you have soul wells stacked. I feel like Cross Pollination for Nature is a lot like Galvanize for Electricity but for me, Galvanize is far more annoying to use so I don't use it often sometimes not at all. Galvanize is a big power issue and has been, hence why they slightly reduced the power cost of it in the last Electricity update I believe. There's sooooo many complaints on Galvanize and Ionic Drain just revamp them already.

Bad is still in the equation here. There shouldn't be bad in any power or person trying to play a power. If they don't understand how to use it someone should explain it to them and that's a Dev job with the power descriptions. The power descriptions help but it doesn't prioritize the powers. I still see healers use Ionic Drain which isn't a burst heal until the end which makes it really hard to use.

I think they should keep it mostly a burst power but there's no reason why they couldn't adjust already existing powers within the power to give it a little more diversity. Every healing power has burst and hots but electricity is most definitely lacking in the HoT department. Electrogenesis on the other hand, I deeply enjoy using, I just wish it could be applied to more players instead of two at a time. Shockwave could also heal in the same way it applies damage.

Electric healing animations suck as well. Can't see if people have the safety net bio cap across the room, it would be nice to have a brighter or bigger animation. I usually make my way over there to see but solo healing (which is and has been a big thing as of lately) kinda limits moving around in hostile territory puts the healer at risk, so would it be worth it? I don't even think bio cap applies to someone across the room even if everyone in the group but them have it. Seems like a vicinity based power which requires the healer to move around in content that's likely a "spread out" kinda deal.

Edit: I fixed some typos. I do double words so much, sorry!
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

If the UI was updated like we were suppose to get 2 years ago, healing affects would be listed by group members names which would help electricity, but that healing powerset needs more help than just that and considering its almost 3 years with no updates to that powerset and they are more focused on water, I highly doubt we will see changes.

I do think that range should be equal for all healing powersets.
    • Like x 2