Lets talk healing balance

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Celestial Powers, Oct 12, 2016.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The healing powersets are all unique. Compare that to controlling, where it's essentially the same thing (pot, debuff, dump, super, personal shield, big stun), with different animations. That's a good thing.

Remember the game was also set up to play 1111 alerts and 2222 raids. Where one healing powerset lacks, the others usually compliment.

Harvest healed the same way before, except that it used to overwrite Metabolism. It's just that Sore's guide had just started exploring it before the changes, so very few people knew (you'll have to find the part of the thread where Anemia (sp?) brings it up). Harvest healing at the time, you could solve that problem with your rotation (Harvest clipped with Metabolism).

Here are the main drawbacks I find of the healing powersets:
    • Electric - I want my biocap aura to hit everyone like pheromones hit everyone, or at least not be proximity based ... be placed on the three that don't already have it applied, not on the three I'm closest to.
    • Celestial - Depending on getting AcB combo off at a crucial moment can be frustrating. McB is frustrating, too. You miss it, it feels like you've got a hellavah cool down to try again. otoh, when you do get it, it doesn't feel like it lasts long ... you get a few precision knocks in and you've gotta throw it again. DivineLight should have a back-to-back cooldown like Circle of Destiny, even if you limit it to just healer stance (certain Rage cooldowns are different based on stance, so they have the tech). I know you touted it as being great for endgame, but the majority of Celestial healers I've run into are clumsy and slow ... spending time, and failing, trying to get that AcB off over and over.
    • Sorcery - I'd really like the option to put the circle around myself instead of a target .... when you purchase the power, it should give you two versions ... just like meteor/strike boulder/strike gives you two versions. I don't know why RitWord has such a long cooldown.
    • Nature - When people complain about the power back, they often don't realize that the power costs were adjusted to compensate ... mostly because it just happens to be that efficient. I'd like for the old power costs to apply outside of Insectoid.
    • Like x 2
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

You can complain all you want but support side of powers won't be updated for a while as far as mechanics go. I do think sorcery and Electric should get a 20% range increase but then again electric has unlimited range if you count biocapacitor.

CR differential affects healing greatly alongside AM. It took the effort of myself and the Celestial community to make celestial where it is today. If you remember correctly when celestial first launched it was the worst healing power and for the first year it had multiple issues. And it took almost a year of complaints to get DL fixed.

I think electric and nature will get looked at as far as healing balance but that could be 6+ months from now

Also I healed with electric for 2 years. The powerset just requires more work and skill than the others to be effective. But ultimately electric has the highest healing potential out of all 4
    • Like x 4
  3. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Oh i didn't realize they adjusted the power costs for this. But it's really unnecessary since they caused the power costs outside bug form to be absurd.

Bio Capacitor doesn't have Admonish Range, if that's what you meant otherwise it has the same range as other standard healing powers. 20% is pretty bad since Renew and Admonish can heal up to render distance, doesn't seem really fair.

Honestly I made my Celestial loadout when it was still on test and it was perfectly fine. It was very strong upon release, when they buffed Blight to be 8 man and gave CS/cCS first heal over time tick a buff I thought they went a bit overboard. Turning the Curse knockout Heal over time to a 4 man(?) was a nice addition however.

I honestly liked Divine Light before they changed it to target group members, I would usually divine light on knocked out players and they would receive the heal immediately, cant do that anymore :(.

I agree that it requires the most skill of the four power sets available but there's so much you can do when bio capacitor is on cooldown. But Nature provides the highest potential and outclasses Electric in ensuring people don't die as long as the healer has good enough reactions.
  4. Titon Well-Known Player

Derio is right, if you find a master at electricity they have the best healing potential out of all 4.

If you took that same person and applied his or her skill to the powers the rankings would be like this:

Electric
    Celestial
    Nature
    Sorcery

Now take a player who needs a healer that forgives skill and mistakes and you have:

Nature
    Sorcery
    Celestial
    Electric

In my opinion I believe the rankings are:

Celestial
    Electric
    Nature
    Sorcery

:)
    • Like x 1
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I wasn't very clear; I'm not talking about the heal for BioCap, only the BioCharge aura. BioCap puts aura/safety on people that BioSurge relies upon. It only puts the aura on the three closest to you. I'd rather it on three who don't have BioSurge, or the three people it's healing (most injured). It'd be a bit OP to have it on everyone like pheromones, but it certainly would be nice.
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I was responding to Derio for that part.

I know all too well about that bio cap aura, it's really limiting to use. Even if they don't have it to put the safety net on lowest injured players I think lowering it's cooldown to match Admonish would be just as suitable.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Once biocapacitor is set on a player regardless of that range from the healer the heal will be cast on them once they reach the health threshold. That is what I meant by its limitless range.

Electric though in general needs more healing options as it's loadouts are extremely limited in healing choices compared to the other healing powersets.

Devs have not cared about support roles for years. And water will probably come out before sorcery and Electric receive any healing adjustments
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Just a FYI on sorcery. If you untarget the boss the circle does drop on you.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My view on the healing powers somewhat mirrors the tank powers. Electric and celestial healers need a bit of skill somewhat like rage and fire tanking. There's no reason they should work the same. They were made to be different.

What I am somewhat excited to see is if electric will finally be able to battle heal. The other three powers can make it work. I've just never seen electric healer do much damage.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I know. But, PC players have a huge advantage there, I believe. Someone once told me that they have a shortcut for dropping target ... C if I recall. Playstation, looking down at your feet is not so easy, or desirable. And, in both cases, having your target on the boss at all times helps you keep an eye out for the skull, even if they're behind you. Even if I wanted my circle under the tank, a huge portion of it is still going to disuse being centered on the boss in a V shape setup.
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

If we press C we untarged the enemy.. So its like the PS view.. We still need to look at the ground
  12. Cyro Committed Player

Regardless of if it is or isnt possible to solo heal dwfe with elec and so and so is a "beast" elec healer can solo top sm rounds - elec healing needs some tweaks. The problem with balancing powers is that we all fear we will become the new troll - except some abilities across the board, so balancing while keeping the essence of each power the same is tricky

Personality i would love to see the range of elec remain basically the same and instead nerf the range of other powers. Any way you slice it cele range is unfair. Of course you could argue that for the most part they never use their full range but when they do its a slap in the face to other healers.

For the biocap debate i would love to see the ability to stack them, so the more we use them the more powerful/refreshed they become. Doing this would also help people figure out who is bio charged since they could have a different brightness/animation for the more charged people are. Maybe a slight decrease in cool down but not much. We elec healers would be op if it was too fast.

Egen is tricky, people dont want our only hot to become the same as everyone elses, so there is a few ways to go about making it better whilst keeping it inline with elec
    1. buff it and give it better range. Its the easiest and what we would most likely get, personality i hope this isnt the outcome

2. give it a third aura. Of course then in tight situations we then become op so if we get 3 they would nerf the range and efficiency(note range is the same as sorc CoP)

3.One that i just though of reduce the range and efficiency of abit but have make it so anyone in range gets the aura for as long as they are in range and allow them to do the same. If the group is positioned well you could have everyone in the group have it. Of course if they went with this it could only stack 2 or 3 times or else it would be op

In gu50 when they "fixed" elec they gave eburst a bigger range but what they didnt do is fix the range of the heal from it. So if you use eburst at max range(while elec pi is active) you wont get a heal, you have to move abit closer. Seems small but it really annoys me.

for arc lighting i believe it should remain the same but give it a healing buff.

It would be nice if when an enemy has the elec pi they give a small heal when they attack someone with flux

As for more healing abilities for elec (something i can never understand why people are against)

- the easiest would be telsa ball or ecute functioning the same way ie giving out random burst heals.

- There is also overcharge, anyone who attack enemy affected gets a heal and when it explodes it gives off a huge heal to nearby

to be honest, i doubt we will get any new heals or anything major and if we do it will be some time before it happens. As much as elec is my fav power and as much as i stick up for it - i do think its not balanced and needs some adjustments.

Just because its possible to heal elite content with it doesnt mean its balanced.

Also i look forward to your hatred of my ideas :p
  13. krytine Loyal Player

You seem to have a very narrow and possibly incomplete point of view of electric healing. 1st electro gen cast the equivalent of sorcerys protection but it will be on you and one other.as those two toons move they heal others near them about the size of the circle arc lightning completely clipable and can heal the whole group as well as get heals through a wall of adds so either your collective information is either incomplete or the electric healers you are running with. But the biggest thing about everything is that you favor celestial and you maybe a talented healer for that type but you don't seemed to be as knowledgeable as you claim and seem to be hurt about your usage of electric
    • Like x 1
  14. metalfenix Committed Player

That is my main gripe with celestial, and I'm surprised no one else mentioned it. It's frustrating when you don't have a reliable tank and you get interrupted, by lag, or if the mechanics force you to move constantly giving you little time to do combos, specially AcB and McB , and the long cooldown on DL does not help either. Of course, in a perfect world where one could stand like a healing turret without interruptions, celestial healing is king, but again, I don't think the other powers would stay very far behind either.

And it's easy to test, for example, in RIT elite, Black adam almost forces you to chase the fountains giving you little time to execute the combos while everyone gets attacked by, either Black adam's deadly ray, or with the fire dots.
    • Like x 1
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Electrogenesis is the weakest heal over time at it's own single cast, if everyone is next to both people its strong but no one will ever be next to each other in a realistic scenario in difficult content, also you're electric, if everyone is next to each other for electrongenesis to work you just use galvanize because the range is much larger than each individual electrogenesis aura, even then galvanize will not heal everyone to 100% unless you get a fair amount of crits on it. You can't compare electrogenesis to circle at all since you just need to step into the circle once for its effects to go off.

What's Arc Lightnings ability to be clippable have to do with anything? It's a great tank heal but if no ones near the enemy you cast it on or everyone is spread out it's completely unreliable because it won't bounce as far as you think. It's good to use when your safety nets have all been removed and bio caps on cooldown and if everyone's bunched up because you know it should hit everyone. But uh... if everyone's bunched up together we can just use galvanize because it reacts the same way...

Do you see the pattern here? If everyone's bunched together these heals are great but normally it's difficult to do when there's so much damage coming through enemies in hard content you have to position yourself selfishly to ensure you don't die yourself otherwise most of the time it's a wipe. Which is why electrics only source of 'reliable' healing is through it's safety cap PI but putting the PI on people is unreliable, the damage sets off the PI fairly quickly so that it needs to be reapplied on several people before your cooldown allows you to which is where your highly situational heals must be spammed which causes the notion of electric being very power hungry since most players have poor positioning knowledge of their abilities and even then the group dynamic at the time may not allow you to use your heals as they are designed.

Your 'cookie cutter' setup for electric is using esurge to heal everyone who has the safety net, this is the most reliable way to ensure group survival without making the group revolve around you, everything else is too situational to rely on and there are little other options to choose from; Ionic Drain - Never in difficult content, EBurst - Way too situational, EGenesis, Way too situational and weak other powers in your powerset are more effective. There are only 8 non SC abilities to choose from.

I do favor Celestial because I loved the powersets design, it was a nice change in playstyle. But my initial powerset was Electric and I love the Visuals the most on Electric out of anything else of this game, if it was a better powerset I would stick to this power whenever I could.

Like I mentioned in my opening post, if you want to discuss a loadout which worked for you or someone else in hard content in relevancy please show me because I honestly think I've tried most possibilities to make them work. I'd love to learn something new.

Base Values for Heals, singular Electrogenesis is the weakest, besides soul well. (Chart may be outdated)

[IMG]
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Hmmmmmmm yeah just to say egen isn't weak the person it's on or those around it. Remember it is Mobile and others get a wash out heal up to about 12.5m so when it comes to Electric you know very little and no my loads aren't your cookie cutter but thanks for your uninformed opinion. It is a healer that you have to move with your group and know where to be to make things work but you sir seem to be limited to what is easy boring unchallenging. So to attempt to give you better info about electric or any other healer power is a waist of time
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

OK so please show me what your using to beat hard content, I'd like to see what you use and how it works so well. I like to see how unburdening you are to your group. Enlighten me. Just because you don't understand where my reasoning is coming from doesn't mean it's a "waist of time", if you want to play it that way I have no idea who you are or what you've accomplished as an Electric Healer, you have no information about your characters and haven't stated what difficult content you've beaten. To me your opinions make you sound as uninformed about Electrics capabilities as SasquaT.

In hard content I don't know why you would disadvantage yourself because it's "easy boring unchallenging", you want to complete the content you use whats most consistent and reliable.
  18. krytine Loyal Player

Your info is either old outdated or just bold face wrong. And most healers in all the classes use the same things but the biggest thing you have to remember with electric is you passion ingredients to the group and not be at max range or you limit yourself. And just to say galvanize and arc lighting are not the same and for it to be effective your position is key. And just to say egen you should be getting 1200 to 1600 ticks coming up fairly consistent. Arc you should be in that 12m to 14m range from you melee dps and move to one side of the room fight to the other you have to move to your team as an electric healer. If you want shields put it in your sc to if that's what you want. Let someone know if they keep getting hit hard to move out of there but all healers should be doing that
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Problem being electrogenesis being it's the only HoT. If you were to compare it with celestial consume soul and admonish to blight combo. Even with galvanize and biocapacitor the heals don't match up.

No simple adjustments to base healing can help unless electrogenesis was changed to 4 targets instead of 2 and it's base heal is slightly increased.

When they review electric I hope they make electrocute an AoE heal or rather make voltaic bolt a group heal similar to divine light. Of course the cooldown in healer role would need adjusted
  20. Here2Help Devoted Player

Hey Unholy. You probably know what I'll be saying about electricity from our previous talks, but I'll say it for the rest and for the thread.

My alt is an electric healer. I love it. I enjoy it. I honestly think it has the best potential of any healing power in the game. The real part though is having the person behind the controller/keyboard tap into that potential. Electricity is just AMAZING. There is one problem I think is worth changing - the cooldown of Bio Cap. That is literally the only change I could agree with. Everything else right now would just be ruining the challenging (but still incredibly viable) playstyle it offers. When the next update hits test and there's changes to how power works and wm combo bonuses being removed, we may have to have a deeper look at the power costs of certain moves. However, that's a subject for another day when we have the statistics in front of us and can properly and efficiently test. The thing with healing though, it's not something you can easily compare. It's not like damage dealers where you can look at numbers and compare them. You can't compare healing out at all (shouldn't need to be explained why). You need to look at the power, see what the pros and cons of the power are meant to be and if it's fulfilling those roles. As far as I'm concerned, electricity is excelling in what it's meant to be good at and is of course weak in what it's not meant to be good at. It's a very tricky subject, I'll give you that, but right now I'm sticking with electricity and saying it doesn't need to be majorly improved. As stated before, reduce the cooldown for Cap and look at power costs with the next update.

Why are other powers more common than electricity in general? Well, I think it's to do with how people can't use electricity properly and how other powers are easier. Easier, yes. Better? Not always. In certain scenarios of course other healing powers will be better, but there's also scenarios electricity thrives in. It's the same with tanking to be honest. The majority of tanks are ice. Why? It's not necessarily better (once again, in certain scenarios it will be and in other scenarios it won't be), but it's much easier. Now, when there's already hardly any electricity healers running around, it's nearly impossible to get one that is good enough for hard content due to how much harder it is to excel with it and the lower player count that is electricity.

I use the following loadout for electricity healing: Bio-Capacitor - Bioelectric Surge - Arc Lightning - Wired - Flux - Group Transducer. I have no problems with it.
    • Like x 1