New currency for Amazon Fury part 3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Oct 12, 2016.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

One Question Mepps (didn't want to start a whole topic thread for it)...what does all this mean for scraps and gear crafting??? Does all of that end at episode 26 or does it just get transferred over to the purple style drop gear to complete for feats (since it would no longer be necessary for best gear)?
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's only true if you're one of the few lucky players that has EVERY vendor and rare style collected and only manage 2 or 3 toons tops, which means you don't really worry about mainframe upkeep or styles for alts. There have been a few threads here and there from people actually complaining that they can't get enough marks of victory for everything you can use them for.

Those threads/requests for more marks are at odds with your statement. For people like you and I (to an extent) who have been playing for 3+ years, yeah...those MoVs aren't going to be as necessary. That's not the case for a large portion of the population which currently claim that it's a struggle to maintain alts or to even get gear/style based skill points because they have to split their marks between both and they can't ever seem to get enough.
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't think you're factoring in the fact that we've already made these changes in the past and it didn't work, so why do it again?

The best gear drops in the WHOLE DLC but you of all people know what it's like being a support role in a solo or duo because you see the threads about support roles in solos and duos, it's difficult because of the damage limitations support roles can do.

I'm not centered on the gear or progression I'm entirely focused on the fact that this has been done in the past and people did not like it, that's what lead it to being changed. You don't get far when you create your own problems
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

People are already fiercely bored with the content we have now. Don't forget by the time AF3 comes out, we've played that content for 6 months straight.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's no cure for that really. I'm alleviating that "boredom" for myself by bringing up my villain and a hero alt while hunting for styles in older content...with exobit hunting and seasonal runs in-between as well as feat hunting slowly (to not feel burned out).

What would you recommend be done about this?
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for ya. From Amazon Fury III and on best gear will be in the vendor...for everyone to have access to it, no RNG.:D
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

One purchase (if you're not a member).
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right now, there are no changes to scraps prior to 27 and there are no scraps in 27.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Welp, that is that then. Sad, it would work for premium players to have more options.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm not sure how that's related, but it is addressed with the stats revamp.

This hasn't been done before, and the original currency swap wasn't really done in the first place based on player feedback. General consensus is things worked fine.
    • Like x 6
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the info. :)
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

They want the old players back, that simple. So the new update features all the stuff and style of the old updates, including the things that were just plain dumb, or showing that the devs themselves didn't/do not trust their new content; such a currency is nothing like a "we know our content is really not the reason you pkay content, and so we force all players to earn the rewards of the new content by actually playing it"-kinda thing. If they had trust in their content, such a currency would not be needed.

So the real question is - why do they want the old people back soooooo urgent? Because they were behaving better in trade chat? Hardly - in any interpretation this answer allows. Because they spent more money on the game? Possibly. Because the devs hope they can get the old folks back additionally without losing the people who like AM and WM? Well, hope dies last :D It is a sure sign that the current audience which was pampered during the period of monthly content is not the crowd that keeps the game running. So I advise everyone to do their own math and calculate if staying subscribed will pay off for them.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps currently i can 4 duos and earn MoV to use to buy vendor gear. With AF3 i can run only 1 duo. Now i can run 2 alerts, 2 solos for MoV. With AF3 i can run 1 solo and 1 alert. It has been reduced. And with the best gear being on the vendor us players who go for the best gear only have that content to run to obtain that gear. So the content we can run to earn the rewards to purchase the best gear has been reduced. Im not sure how 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert and 3 dailies is a healthy amount of content. But if ya say it is then ok.

Yes there are raids but those are once a week. I really get the feeling when u guys finally tells us how many coins we get for each instance compared to the cost of the gear that its going to be super grindy. A grind is fine imo. But a crazy grind isnt. There are many end game players out there who play multiple toons and play both roles on those toons. If its a super grind to obtain the godfall vendor gear for both roles on 1 toon u are going to see some unhappy people, trust me on that. When u talk about monthly content u even say no1 cared about the vendor gear, because it isnt the best. But then try to say the drops in AF3 will matter to people even tho it isnt the best gear. If players didnt care about the 2nd best gear b4 why would they care about it in the new dlc? They wont. They will be chasing the best gear which is vendor.
    • Like x 2
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Im not sure how elite raids can be counted as relevant content. If u are not using replay badges then they can only be run every other week. So 2 weeks out of a month u earn less coins. Thats if u are counting the elite raids which i think u are. 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert, 2 raids is 5 pieces. 3 dailies i guess would be 8. Idk how people count things. I count the dailies as 1. Because most people do all 3 dailies when they go out there, like AF1. So its either 8 or 6 w/out counting elite raids.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

And the question is what content gets bumped out
    • Like x 1
  16. metalfenix Committed Player

They should change everything from episode 27 to a new tier, T9, just to make the new currency the entire tier currency. This would make T8 the shortest tier in DCUO's history but hey, it is what it is.
  17. krytine Loyal Player

The current monthly audience is the group that came in about a year earlier maybe less they clam the game is too hard it sucks why do I have to grind why do I have to learn mechanics why and cry and wine and cry
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

To all the people that are trying to (sounds like it) rip up the new content before it hits test, 1 question: when is your MMO coming out?
    • Like x 1
  19. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Keep in mind that besides the few people who started over on the Xbox, no one there knows a different approach to the game. Besides thar, a number of high profile players from the past who now are gone because there is no new content coming welcomed monthly content - some at first and then realized they were wrong, others liked it til the end. Monthly content is a schedule and has not necessarily to do with the difficulty of content. But great post by you, good thing to tell players who are leaving or about to do so that they are losers anyway by your not that humble opinion; pretty sure it helps....
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My guess.... we will end up with a truckload of different currency not unlike what we had in the past.

Nevewinter has a truckload of different currency.... and it seems DCUO will go back to that kind of system.

Although we will still have the CR relevancy to get MoV..... so essentially we will get the worst of both world. :(