Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Even in the days running 2-2-2-2 trollers were hard to find, reason for my 2nd oldest toon.
    Do you think what currently feels about 90% of the players expect to no longer be carried?
    I soloed back in the day, but everyone in group needed to be good with power management. Spammers were a much bigger nightmare then, than it is now, now its usually bad nature healers who dont use the power bk mechanic who spam and empty troll, bk then it was all, and as your instant power gives power to the 4 most fatigued you ended up with healers and tanks without power, (and as mainly a tank that was a terrible time).
    By the sound of a lot of these changes, game will become more elitist than ever, with beginners hanging behind.
    On an upside, i may be able to solo troll GoT at correct lvl (tier 4) and be top dmg at the same time again.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

True I forgot about the crits but for support role will we want precision o.o
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That was just for one of the buckets.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Depends on your playstyle, that's the whole point.

If you want to be good at your role, there isn't just 1 stat you need.

Healers may want Restoration and Dominance. Controllers may want Vitalization and Restoration.

Depending on how the power regeneration is handled, many players may want Power. Etc.
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

If majority of trolls stop trolling due to this update it's because of accountability. Lot of players trolled when GU 47 started when it was less stressful to be a troll.
    How many trolls out there steam roll threw content not knowing what POT is and spamming debuffs for no reason.

DCUO has put accountability back in to this game, and what ever role has the most accountability the less skill will stay away from that role or cry about it.
    It the main reason why there where not a lot of tanks, ppl didn't want to be blame for.

And to all the troll that trolled after GU47 you will have a rude awakening to get good. Anybody who was a troll b4 GU47 knows how fun and stressful it was at the same time. Even tho there wasn't a lot of us at that time.
    The few knew what they was doing and took pride in to trolling. And if you was very skillfull with skillfull players you could solo troll it.

There was a badge of Honor for all skill player.

Dps: Who could do dmg, pick ups, and not spam power was badge of honor

Tanks: Who was healer and troll friendly, but can also keep every one safe was badge of honor

Healers: Who knew how to heal with out power spamming and keep every one alive was badge of honor

Trolls: Who knew when to debuff, Pot/stun, give instant power, to tank, healer, and dps with out running out of power was a badge of honor
    When your in a raid and everybody did pickups so the TANK didn't have to was badge of honor.

I do hope trolling will be as intimidating as it once was and scare the lazy players away from it, but no matter what role they chose they will still be held accountable based on there action and how they will groom there character.

So if you don't want certain sp you will be hold accountable

Your goin in a raid with no mods you will be hold accountable

You chose to not listen, unwilling to learn, not follow direction, looking to be carried, not be a team player cause you want to play how you play will be HELD ACOUNTABLE!!!!!!
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Hmm I didn't think about the power regen. Well this will be a good way to encourage ppl to get sp.
  7. kraptastic Well-Known Player

I havent posted in a long time...but i will for this.
    Im very proud of you guys for realizing that all the changes you have made over the last few years were ruining the game and finally changing it back to its original form.
    GREAT JOB!
    • Like x 1
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yo Mepps I have a question. In your livestream you said we would be able to hit a stat cap. Will we be able to see what the cap is ingame?
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Also to note, with 270 SP you can get every Might / Precision stat currently. So we're only moving up, they aren't taking anything away.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr-Somes New Player

I am foreseeing the return of Hard Light character spamming due to its never ending claw & glove combos. I am concerned about weapon and power types based on the range adjustments coming. Like If I am using a rifle for example, I should not be at a disadvantage for losing damage for wanting to do ranged attacks because that is or should be the intent on that weapon (it is a gun obviously). I hope certain weapons and powers are balanced in that regard as well. Basically what I am asking is if I have a ranged DPS build will it be useless after this update?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Potentially yes.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

True true I can only get stronger.

-flexes-
    • Like x 1
  13. lanternknight Committed Player

All you guys need to do is go back to how it was before you did the CR differential. The game with its stats worked fine back then. As did how we acquired and did our skill points. It's like you guys don't learn from your mistakes. Doing big drastic changes to the game is not good.

Removing AMs from the game because people don't know how to use their AMs won't matter. When the game first came out there were no AMs. You had to find the right loadout to use to produce good damage. That was done without a tutorial. You found it from practicing on the sparring dummies, youtube, and coming on the forums. People not knowing how to use their AMs, which is far easier to figure out for dps than when the game first came out, just shows their laziness. Which will be the same and probably worse. Those that survived off their AM will suck again without them. Which means way more complaints about damage. Along with you guys producing way more bugs in the game.

Just keep it simple. Turn back the game to how it was before the CR differential. Then add a tutorial for the use of the AMs. It's that simple. Otherwise you are asking for way more headaches and problems in the game with you're drastic changes to the game.
    • Like x 2
  14. Try Hard Well-Known Player

I'm still very concerned about power management.I don't see how it's possible to continue to -play off the tray- if power regen is gone.Also some moves are obviously going to have to be reworked.If there is no more AM what would end up being the difference between say EMP and NN? NN would probably win out now because it has a shield.I imagine there will be tweaking of a handful of moves.This just leaves me wondering...can't wait for it to eventually hit test and see what the word is.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We actually said the opposite, really. There is a cap in that you can in theory get all the best gear and get all the skill points (at least eventually), but there isn't a cap. You won't ever get something, and then not get the bonus from that because you are already at cap. If you did find that, that'd be a bug.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Oooo i thought u said there was like a soft cap. My bad
  17. Ozman Well-Known Player

A lot of interesting stuff going on there, I'm looking forward to it. Anything that means I can get my Electric DPS back into group content has my vote.
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I will say this. Majority of player ( both new and old) may have a hard time adjusting at 1st due to enter mixing with noob and vets which will make this game harder, but it will encourage players to be better as a whole moving forward in my honest opinion.

GU 47 produce to many lazy players that made it harder for every one else. It was just WAY to many new player thinking they knew what they were doin and pointing fingers when the problem was actually them.
    Player base b4 was a lot better now.

They need to adjust how the vets adjusted to GU 47 back in the day
  19. FrostedFlakes Level 30

Now this is a good direction :)
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

Seems they are trying to right alot of wrong turns they made and restore some of they glory of the early years. Posatively fatastic imo
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.