September 2016 - Box Office Report Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ShazamFan2014, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Here is my 1st box office report for, this month. Suicide Squad, stands firm at $640.1 million.
    Pretty much what I expected. Don't Breathe, maintains its lead with a total of $33.6 million.
    That's the totals from yesterday. The numbers for today hasn't come in for some reason, yet.
    I'll do a follow-up to this, later today. I plan to do a complete box office report, on Friday
    morning. Looks like Don't Breathe is gonna lead the box office, again.
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Movies come out on Friday, so a report shouldn't be in until Sunday.
    • Like x 2
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

That was in the US, alone. The worldwide total for Don't Breathe was actually $35.6 million.
    • Like x 1
  4. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

I am ShazamFan2014. So I will take over this thread.

Suicide Squad stands firm with $678.2 million. It passed Man of Steel's box office take. A shocker there.
    Don't Breathe won again. Its total is now at $63.7 million.
  5. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

Here is the official box office report. My delayed one.

The Labor Day Weekend Official Box Office Report for 09/02 to 09/04

1. Don't Breathe - $15.8 million
    2. Suicide Squad - $9.9 million
    3. Kudo and the Two Strings - $6.4 million
    4. Pete's Dragon - $6.3 million
    5. Sausage Party - $5.2 million
  6. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

Don't Breathe total is now at $65.4 million. On pace to be about $100 million by the end of the month.
    Suicide Squad total is now at $678.9 million. On pace to be about $700 million, by next weekend.
  7. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

Suicide Squad is now at $679.9 million. Don't Breathe is now at $66.4 million. Doing well, so far.
  8. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

Suicide Squad is still killing it at the box office. It stands at $699.4 million. Quite a
    profit there. Just $0.6 million to go now.
  9. ManOfSteel2016 Level 30

Well, Suicide Squad has earned its goal. The total is now $700 million. I will post the
    official box office report, later this morning.
  10. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Yes, I'm finally back. Thank God. I will be using this user name for now on.
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Here is the official box office report. I am finally back. Yeah, baby, yeah.

The Official Box Office Report for 09/09 to 09/11

1. Sully - $35.5 million
    2. When the Bough Breaks - $15 million
    3. Don't Breathe - $8.2 million
    4. Suicide Squad - $5.7 million
    5. The Wild Life - $3.4 million
  12. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Suicide Squad is now standing solid still at the box office. Even with its small profit of
    $0.5 million. Its now standing at $700.5 million.
  13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Suicide Squad is losing its appeal. Like big time. Are movie fans finally sick of this movie?
    The box office take is now $701 million.
  14. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I think Suicide Squad has finally lost its box draw. Over a month of it bringing in money,
    and now its slowly making a little money, at a time. The total is now $701.3 million. I
    think, its because the target demographic is too busy going to school and playing football
    to be able to go see the movie.
  15. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

The target demographic has moved on to movies like: Sully and Blair Witch. Just a little
    preview of what to expect, this weekend. I think its going to be a box office battle between
    Sully and Blair Witch. Its going to murder at the box office.
  16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, since we can't talk about Suicide Squad being the box office king, anymore. Let's
    talk about Blair Witch. It appears to be the favorite to win the box office, weekend. Last
    night, it conjured up about $765,000 in total ticket sales. I expect a lot more, when the
    numbers come in. Saturday morning, or maybe Friday night I will try to post a follow-up
    story on this. Please be patient with me. I'm doing full movie reviews of The Blair Witch
    Project trilogy, this weekend. I'm so busy. Barely have enough time to watch NFL
    football and college football. I do find time to play DCUO though.
  17. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

2 quick questions:
    Who are you posting this for?
    Who is "we"?

You keep referring to a "we" as if there were loads of ppl following or commenting on this, but where are they?
  18. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Now, now. There's no need to be mean. There are people who like to know what I have to say on things.

Lois Lane: "Hey, I'm very important."

Zach Synder: "I don't need this. I'm friends with Christopher Nolan."
  19. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

At this very moment, Blair Witch is beating Sully, Don't Breathe, Bridget Jones's
    Baby, and even Snowden. Its not winning by much, but a win is a win. I'll post the
    updated box office take, in the morning. Maybe, later tonight. I don't know, yet.
  20. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Here's a quick comment I found online that could be an estimate of the
    box office that Blair Witch could make. It clearly shows that this movie
    will make some money, this weekend.

"After unveiling the trailer at Comic-Con, the film saw a boost in consumer
    interest above expectations, Pacific Crest Securities said in a research
    note published Friday. The firm doubled its domestic box office expectation
    for the film to $60 million."