Buff Nature and Electric already!!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

The tray dps is not far weaker in atomic it is just easier to get interrupted with. Testing both they hit very similarly. Unless something has changed recently that I am unaware about. I also play atomic. I prefer the combo aspect of it because I hate getting interrupted right before I cast the last power in the geiger AM. However I have a leaguemate that only plays the Geiger AM with it and he is right up there or beats me everytime.
  2. Dre 3000 New Player

I don't have an issue with the cool down for egen, just the fact that its one of the 3 powers we use to get to the max dot with no other options. Dot powers will always be at a disadvantage because our AM is placed on the enemies instead of our own characters. So if there are a set of adds and they get killed and then another set comes out, we have to reapply our AM to the enemies where other powers have the option to keep their AM going and don't have to restart theirs because the AM is applied to the character themselves.

Without a shortcut to our max Dot or more options to add electro-charges, electric will always fall behind.
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

lol even linkdead got fixed before nature or electric.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yeah, players dc'eding a lot though kinda would prefer this feature back, kinda hate when i get out of a raid because i dc'ed.. happens to several players.

anyway lets stay on topic
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It could very well work.
    I'd also think you should include Wired in that list so that AM could be better.

The often problem with Atomic's Gegier AM, it does great damage, but if it doesn't crit your DPS begins to suffer.

Galvanize would also have to be changed to do damage but it could work too.
    • Like x 2
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

Tell that to Atomic.
    • Like x 3
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

At this point the dev team likely has what it needed from us and I'm sure have already decided on a direction but it is fun to come up with and discuss all these ideas. Plus you never know, maybe some forumite will actually offer up an idea that has not been thought of yet. We aren't on the dev team so it's not like they owe us a back and forth conversation. More likely than not, every idea we've offered up has already been discussed by the devs in some form or another.
    • Like x 1
  8. krytine Loyal Player

There is always a down side to everything in this world and is doubly so in dcuo. When you have two different AM's one always seems to suffer over the other and I am glad you play other powers that's great but if that much of the fundamental power of electric is changed they the dot system will not really be worked on. Again this is how dc has proven they do things. But if the am is expanded to include more powers to allow different load outs great but to change it from dots would eliminate a playstyle and we have all seen how the devs omit things all the time
    I get your point make every power work the same or you want the option to play every power the same but the game was designed for different play styles all along and remember when they the devs say you have a choice one system is always inferior to the other
    • Like x 1
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Reality Check People.

Using one power is more or less the same as using the Same Weapon.

Right now per instance: One Handed and Handblasters are the strongest DPS weapons, so everyone with Earth and Sorcery are using those.

So how exactly is that variety, and more importantly how is that different then using shockwave or E. bomb in a rotation?

The Concept is You're still spamming attacks while refreshing your damage over time.
    It's just different inputs and different colored numbers.
    • Like x 2
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Using weapons is a much funner play style imo. Casting power after power with no clipping is boring and theres no skill or thought put into that you just blindly hit 1234. The variety with weapons is there if you want it, your not stuck to using the same weapons. Also using weapons theres always room for improvement and a bit of a skill gap. You might be better at weapon clipping then someone else is so you can do better but with a standard power spam rotation theres no room for improvement cause you can't speed up the powers. Hopefully with the weapons update more weapons will be good and that will spice things up.

And on the subject of using shockwave or e bomb they both have different affects and animations, maybe someone likes one more then the other. Also e bomb pull things together in alerts,duos and solos so its good for grouping things up and getting them all in your electrocute. Different powers for different situations and peoples preferences and i think every power in both trees should be added to the AM and get powers back so you can use whatever you want.
    • Like x 2
  12. Streven Dedicated Player

I honestly hate this post you made. It's so shortsighted and wrong. Atomic is a great example of how you can have multiple AM types at play in a single powerset.

Also, this fear that if they (the devs) do something now not related to dots means they may abandon dots is absurd. They abandoned dots a year and a half ago. If they do anything with these two powersets it will be better than the nothing they've done over that last last year and a half.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I get it from your Perspective

We aren't asking to get rid of Weapon Usage Per-say as that could stay with the Dot Playstyle.

Rather Players Like SkullGang are suggesting the Amperage tree, get the 1-2-3-4 Playstyle.

Personally Concept Wise, it's more or less the same to me.
    The Concept is your using something while your dots are running, Whether that'd be weapons or powers that'd be up to the player to decide.
    You've already stated that you can Improve animation times with Weapon Usage, so you already have an advantage over the 1-2-3-4 playstyle. Faster Animations generally means more damage placed out towards the Scorecard.

Right now we have 50/50 between Players wanting to use Weapons, and Players wanting a no weapon playstyle.

I know Weapons are more fun in my book too, as I was originally opposed to the concept of just having 1-2-3-4 but if we get both playstyles then everyone is happy, and enjoying Electricity.

Edit: If you want, Weapons could have a slightly higher dps potential then the play from the tray style, that way you're greeted with more reward.
    • Like x 1
  14. Streven Dedicated Player

There have been many more ideas laid out in this thread than just the two you're referring to. Some are actually an elegant combination of 1234 and dots while others are truly enhanced versions of the dots with more burst in the setup.

I don't think we should just dismiss out of hand all the good ideas that have been presented and water down the discussion to 1234 vs dots.
    • Like x 3
  15. krytine Loyal Player

When talking about making it a 1234 tray the compound with the Dots will have to be changed somehow to allow the 1234 style or only curtain powers will be allowed for those and only curtain ones for the compound the different styles would probably conflic5 each other and or only 6 powers would be allowed for the Dots and 6 for your tray again limiting this is more of the trend dc does I am sorry if you feel other wise but it is either going to limit what you can have for your dots load out or cancel altogether an am
    We have plenty of tray powers that probably in the future the AM's will be expanded but a dot power can incorporate a burst damage power but still maintain the main function of its play style
  16. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

If you can sub a power for weapon attacks because it is in the AM then it opens up more variety in rotations. Your standard rotation may be the same but weapon or x power, but tbh every powerset has a standard rotation that most use. It is the situations where you can go from one to the other that can make the power more interesting and that would not change at all.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

If devs wanted to make dot powers into boring 1234, dot powers would have been updated befofe weapons. Im not against giving electric a 2nd AM for the amp tree. Devs owe it to us and I like hows Mepps dodged the main topic at hand, the hotfix lol.
  18. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

Nature has already waited 2 updates to get their dot am up to par. those 2 updates were within about a year to a year and a half. I would love to wait for the devs to complete the dot am and the core mechanic of the powerset and get it right. But have we not been waiting long enough? i digress, we can go in circles all day on that subject.

my original post wasnt to blindly push for those massive changes. just some ideas and suggestions if the devs deamed that it was time nature needed such changes. if nature is ever going to recieve such treatment, what time is better than now? or do we wait another year, if not more, to see these changes that will already be stale and no longer fun to play?

i have 7 different toons, all of different powers, all at end game content, that i play on regularly. telling me to go play another power because i dont like the way nature currently plays is not the issue at hand. my issue is the lack of damage as we all know very well. my suggestions, much like your's and everyone else's in this thread, is to help increase the dmg. my way may involve a bit more work but it will also add more variety and fun. what i suggested is hardly any different than what atomic already has.
    • Like x 1
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

The biggest problem is that you, and some others, are holding Atomic up as if it is the standard. As in if Atomic has 2 Advanced Mechanics then Electricity and Nature should have multiple as well! Atomic is actually an abnormality. Any other powerset that has been updated in this process has done so to adjust its damage with the Advanced Mechanic it has with minor adjustments for convenience (like giving out more Power regen). Every powerset except Atomic has ended up keeping their sole Advanced Mechanic through this process. Even Light is touted as having 2 has retained 1 core mechanic: infinite/repeatable combos. That Dazing interaction is not that much different than what Rage which gets some damage from Plasma Burn or Munitions from Graviton-Charged. All of which is overwritten for better buffs when the Advanced Mechanic starts.

If Atomic is going to be the standard that every powerset should measure up to then get prepared for even more updates as more Advanced Mechanics are somehow wedged into powersets and somehow balanced while not breaking or overcompensating others! That's the problem here. Atomic is not a standard and people are trying to insist Nature and Electricity should either adopt a different Advanced Mechanic (mold to their ideal form) or to help bring them up to an imagined standard by adding another one (with a separate balance process).

As for waiting long, no one will like to hear this, but some powerset had to come last. There is no way around that. Adding on more work doesn't help the problem of it taking time to complete as that just adds more time itself.

And in the future when some new overcompensation or new trend comes to fruition and Nature/Electricity were among the first 4 to get updated who would come last? Want to guess how those players may be feeling having to wait? Probably exactly the same. If some powerset were released with not just one of this new "thing" but 2 of this new "thing" would you be here as well clamouring to meet that new powerset for those that have waited a long time as well? Would you be willing to wad through more updates as that new "thing" is added to every other powerset?

Right now Atomic is an abnormality in terms of dual Advanced Mechanics. However if such treatment were given to more powersets then more and more players will ask for it. Which they will likely get but not without some sort of overcompensation in damage and we will be right back where we started; in a process to try to achieve balance but also (apparently) appeasing new ideas and not pissing off any players with nerfs.

So would you want to see the cycle of continuous focus on updates in the vein of midrange passes for many more years to come or would you rather see this cycle end at some point?

I don't know I guess I'd rather see more new powersets or in general new combat systems then try to appeal to everyone by offering practically every playstyle from every powerset. Who's to say suggestions will stop at just 2 if another powerset besides Atomic is given 2? Will we strive for all 5 Advanced Mechanics to be available to every powerset while somehow also supporting the usage of a Controller, Healer or Tank who rely on a bunch of beneficial only traits?

There's also a reason Mepps specifically asked for our rotations (current) instead of what we perceive as nice and ideal additions.

(Yes I know a bit ranty but this thread began about wanting to get the updates done but is somehow seemingly going to end with how much can we stuff into an update that, for reasons we are not aware of, is already taking its time to produce. It's quite ironic.)
    • Like x 2
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Bump :D don't let the thread die
    • Like x 1