US server

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by GoblinSkulker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. GoblinSkulker Level 30

Any update on when the devs are going to remove non-US citzens from the us server ?
    • Like x 1
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 1
  3. Owl Devoted Player

Accounts from North America, Central America, South America and Asia connect to the servers located in Las Vegas which happens to be in the US.
    • Like x 1
  4. GoblinSkulker Level 30

Lighting,

Why not ? I am not some genius who can speak and understand every language on this planet. maybe someday i can move to your level but until than i would perfer to be with players who speak and type in english. Which means players who live in the USA.
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

uhm... then just use the ignore list. Really. Why not?

I don't see why anyone would think this is a technical problem of DCUO o_O.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

u realise that america is not just the united states, do you ^^' even if its named "us" server, it it covering half part of the world while "eu" server covers for the other half...
  7. GoblinSkulker Level 30

Lighting,
    This issue should be fix on the backend of the game not the front end. I am sorry you dont know the technically apects of programing. I hope someday when you stop acting like a jejune. Maybe than you will understand when someone is asking for help on solving an issue.

Stambock,

I hope someday you will read a map and realize that american and the US is the same area.

To all others,

This question is to the developers only. All others please refrain commits as they are not needed or ask for.

goblinskulker
  8. ChiefCham Level 30

Then why not send the message directly to a Dev instead of the open Forums?

Just saying. If you don't want community feedback go direct.
    • Like x 1
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Just because a few players think something is a problem, it doesn't mean it is a problem for many players. The devs need to meet the demand of a certain amount of players or the server will be empty.

Even when the European players were at a different publisher, we could always play on the US server and SOE players on EU. There is no difference between them other than their location. The Asian players were seperated by both a different publisher as well as servers and they can now choose to play on whichever server they want. PS4 players have the problems with PSN when they want to switch regions, but it is not too difficult for them to play wherever they want.
    Can you guess now, what a Daybreak dev would probably answer? ;)

Yes, I am amused by this thread... :D
    Bugs are the holes through which I can see the games' programming structure and rules. "I don't know anything about how DCUO works..."? yeah sure... I don't need a degree in IT to figure out the basic server structure. The loginservers are indeed seperate from the gameservers and they can block players from specific countries to access a server. However, the devs just don't do it. (and I like that! freedom!)