harley quinn new voice ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Green Lantern Fadi, May 19, 2016.

1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

i had to stop the video as soon as i heard her voice , SO DAM ANNOYING , i miss old harley :(
    • Like x 4
  2. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I don't mind voice changes, it's just something as a fan of animation you have to accept. They're immortal, their voice's aren't. But...it's a bit harsh, her voice I mean, was there no one else? No offense to the poor woman.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

after the first arkham game I believe

Edit: or around that time
  4. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Arkham Asylum release date August 25, 2009
    Last Laugh DLC release date June 19th, 2012 - Arleen Sorkin still was the voice of Harley at that time.
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

The actual voice isn't that bad, but the portrayal comes across as the actress not understanding Harley nor the fanbase attraction to her.

Harely's vocal presentation style is probably best described as whimsically, ditzy psychotic with a positive outlook. The new actress seems to just be doing the voice but in a straight psychotic manner. The gruff, gravelly sound is completely and utterly NOT Harley.

She's close enough that at times it's bearable, but just far enough off that when she gets it wrong it's like nails on a chalkboard.
    • Like x 1
  6. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I just ran the duo for the first time and heard the new Harley voice and I have to say OMG! Really!? This is what they went with!? My first thought when I heard it was "So Harley is voice acting for the Wizard of OZ now!? I'll get you my little pretty! And your little dog too!" She sounds like the wicked witch from OZ, doesn't sound anything like Harley.
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That was a special return. She was already retired.
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Yeah when I saw that video Torikumu posted my thoughts were she is over doing it, she just doesn't get it.

Nothing will ever beat Arleen but things change, people need to move on, we all need to except that. New people will put their own mark on Harley but this is far to dramatic and annoying.

Harley is mostly playfully calm with bouts of nutty out bursts, Jen's version is almost constant out bursts (this is just from what I heard on Torikumu's video).
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think the main problem here is she tried to sound like Harley. She tried too much and therefore did not get the desirable sound that everyone expects to hear.

I think had she tried to find a way to impart herself into Harley, while keeping the character in mind, and not trying to make it sound like she expected others to hear her, we'd probably be better off.

I'm explaining that probably more complicated than it should be and can clarify if need be, I have had a tiring day.
  10. Big Jimbo Level 30

definitely not a fan of the new harley quinn voice...sounds nothing like what harley quinn has ALWAYS sounded like. terrible choice for her voice acting. this game is just getting more and more cheap...
    • Like x 3
  11. JohnDC New Player

yuck :(
    • Like x 2
  12. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

I actually tough that it wa an old woman from the briefing but the i realized it was harley
    • Like x 1
  13. Big Jimbo Level 30

arleen sorkin and tara strong, best ever harley quinn voices
    • Like x 1
  14. Big Jimbo Level 30

they should try Yael Stone from Orange Is The New Black, i bet she would be great for Harley Quinn's voice.
    • Like x 2
  15. Big Jimbo Level 30

16. Nextasy New Player

I really hate the new voice. It doesnt even fits Harley's character i mean cmon actress didnt u even watch the suicide squad's trailer. the old voice was just great her manner of talking was like spoiled kid which was both sexy and psychotic. Right now its just annoying
  17. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

My first time hearing the new Harley Quinn in duo I was like

[IMG]

But after running the duo further, it started to grow on me somewhat. I mean I could hear a little bit of Baby Firefly and maybe like a 1920's -1930's posh accent.
  18. Magician Dedicated Player

19. Shadow Force Committed Player

Tara Strong would have done 100% Better look at the Arhkam games almost like Arleen Sorkin version, but way better than this voice actress is terrible and i will never get used to her voice. Her voice is annoying to listen to i mute every time she speaks otherwise it's like listening to that white circle wrapping thing when it falls apart it gives goose bumbs. I'm sorry i'm so critical but i can't stand her voice please invite back Arleen Sorkin or Tara Strong or anyone else there where many who portrayed her voice way better than this voice actress every time I hear her voice it makes cringe sorry but it sucks.
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah, it kinda makes me cringe