Saying to a troll--"you're the lowest dps"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by anotherpacifist, May 12, 2016.

1. gonn New Player

Sadly there's a lot of people like that. My most recent ''adventure'' was on my nature healer alt, went into BN at around 143CR, since the group wanted more burn i had to try and solo heal it which was fine with me (mind you i told them that it was a new alt and that i was still learning how to heal). Somehow me make it to the last boss with a few hiccups here and there but nothing mayor, and thats when **** hit the fan we wiped 5 times on that one. As one would expect people started to throw blame at everyone until the ''magnificent'' troll we had tried and pin everything on me. Saying how my CR was too low, how i didnt had any mods,(i will admit i didnt had any color mods since you change gear so much at that CR but i had all my HT ones), before they could kick me i said that it was a little hard to heal without having as much power as i needed and asked them to looked at the power out, i was almost doubling the 161 troll power out.... at this he went on me like a mad dog saying how i was spamming my powers and that i sucked and yada yada yada. luckyly enough 1 of the dps ragequitted and i was allow to invite a troll friend of mine into the instance. the 161 troll switch to dps and we finish the run without problems. Now here's the kicker after that run the tank that we had send me a tell apologizing for his leaguemate behavior and telling me that it wasnt my fault. I believe i was partially at fault because i shouldnt be solo healing at that CR but it was fun having his own leaguemate admiting that he was the problem.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

WM itself is getting buffed. I think the WM for electric and nature will be stronger than the AM.
  3. Dibrie Committed Player

At the same time let Calculator explane what is a double tick :D
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I think it's funny that trolls still think they just have to stand around and not contribute quality damage to the raid.
  5. metalfenix Committed Player

I think is even funnier that some dps just do weapon attacks and don't contribute quality damage to the raid.
    • Like x 3
  6. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

That ain't funny, that's just sad lol
  7. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

That's a troll without power. If you don't do enough damage with weapon, you can't regen enough power.
    I was about 3/4 of the lowest dps with my damage (and I do not use max damage or core strength but rather the hand shield mod and extended SC).
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I have to agree with the PUG here. Don't lecture other people on how to play. If you don't like their playstyle, or it's simply causing your group to fail, either kick the one person or just leave the group.
  9. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I just do my job and troll. I could care less where I wind up on the scoreboard damage wise, as long and I have good numbers for power out, and no one runs out of power. I POT, recharge, stun ads, debufs, pick-ups, work consuls, and somewhere in there make sure I do WM to cut down on my power cost and do enough damage to keep my hit counter up so I regen power quicker.

The "battle" roles are ok when playing lower tier stuff or you want to run things with your league....but all that is, is roles being scoreboard chasers and I have seen WAY to many groups wipe because the battle troll was to worried about damage and not paying attention to power bars, and people dying because the battle healer was too busy fighting to throw out heals.
    • Like x 1
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Not everyone who paints is Picaso
  11. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I actually prefer Willem de Kooning if we are talking more abstract art. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Senko Committed Player

There's a difference between lecturing someone on a playstyle and trying to offer some helpful advice in order to help them improve. I'd love some help on getting my sorcery toon's dps up there seems to be a barrier I can break as I see some people doing 1.5 to twice my damage in raids. I've researched builds online and in the forums, I've changed, gear, loadout, sp, rotation I can't seem to improve it but people take your approach and just kick rather than try and offer advice. I had one person tell me they'd love to help me improve my damage output just so long as I quit my current league and joined theirs.
  13. McGhee Well-Known Player

I qued up for FOS 2. I was on my tank. 1 healer, 2 trolls, the rest dps. Neither troll knew how to POT. They were 108 and 109 CR. At least the 108 knew to power dump. The 109 just used heat vision all the time and finished 6th in power out. 6TH!!!!!
  14. Rammy Well-Known Player

This makes me remember when WM came out. The day it came out I was barely able to get into Gates on my healer. I pugged into a league run where they were only missing a healer. I solo healed it while coming out second in damage. Everyone thought I was lying about my CR only being 71. I was called so many dirty names. Good times.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is why i dont pug. Nothing will help the person u described. Because they dont care. They only care about themselves and their gear and their burn.

I constantly run into people like this. 160+ people spamming pulse beam or dual pistols. Never use any powers. Never pay attention to anything. Just other day i had a 164 guy in 1rst piece duo. We killed the 1rst commando that opens the door. He ran away from em as i turned the cog then ran up the stairs and opened the door. I clear 90% of the room upstairs and notice him downstairs sitting there. I hear over the mic "do u wanna solo this or come help me and do this as a duo?" At this point i have the door to heatwave open and was waiting. He was downstairs wanting to attack adds for some reason. I told em "we killed the guy who opens the doors. Idky your down there wanting to fight adds." I dont mind fighting em. Not everyone has to skip adds. But the path we took led us right to the guys who open the doors. So why then go in the opposite direction to fight useless stuff.

I finally said "im at the boss can u come up here plz? We gain nothing by fighting those guys." And he starts berating me over the mic. I typed, ill requeue dont have time for this and left. Again 164cr player. Common sense seems to be lacking a lot these days ;)
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think it's funny that people think in a 5 dps raid run a troller has to pick up the dps slack. Seriously you have 5 dps in raids now if you need a troller to dps and help the group go play Candy Crush.
    • Like x 3
  17. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Been seeing a lot of HL trolls just do combos and not give power.

What a time to be alive.
  18. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

I know what you mean...got a question for you...you said you had no mods..why did you not put an alpha mod in? You still get your bonuses. Those criticals off your gear are important. Besides alpha modes are cheap and you can get your bytes back. I'm still glad you made it through and showed people what to look for..
  19. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well there is always a loose end somewhere if the raid does not take 8 minutes and 52 seconds or under.
    When in doubt, blame the troll!
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No, blame the tank, troll and healer. Than all DPS leave at the same time. Get new players another healer and troll and beat content just fine. Wait 2 troll and 2 healers why man you are mad.

Not when you beat the content without any issues.
    • Like x 1