Test Discussion GU60: Celestial AM

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Im curious as to why anyone would intentionally do a wpn combo to drop their AM and do less dmg? I get its for testing purposes. But im sure u can see that doing that is a dmg loss, even if the wpn attack doesnt drop the AM. Let me say it a different way to be clear. On live atm if u go parse on the dummies and do cele combo AM right. If u deviate from the combos its a dmg loss. Throwing wpn attacks in between will be a dmg loss. It doesnt have a grace period on live so of course its a loss. But even with the grace period a simple tap range will be a dmg loss unless that tap range hits for 20K+. Are weapons being buffed this much to where this is now needed? Because like the feedback many already have given i just cant understand it how this is needed.
    • Like x 6
  2. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Similiar but Celestial will be punished the most. Rage, Atomic and Light combos are more focused melee or range (you tap OR hold) most of the time, Celestial combos are way more complex - it's easier to mess them up. Countless times I hit Tap button by accident ending up with unintended weapon attack with Celestial, hardly ever had that issue with other combo powers.
    I'm not complaining that Celestial's bad because of that but Might AM fovourism is appaling. Combo AMs are more difficult and the payoff is the same or even worse. :( I was hoping that Grace Period will fix that issue, feeling disappointed.
    • Like x 4
  3. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Huh? Reread my post please. Atomic 1234 if interrupted has to start over that's why it needs a window. Just like gadgets and mental plus those powers have shortcuts as well. So the fact that the devs can't see the unbalance there is I would day mind boggling but we already know.

Weapon taps have nothing to do with keeping am up as it will stop so what does that have to do with wanting a window when I'm interrupted.
    • Like x 1
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Playing devil's advocate here ... Atomic Power Back giver is also it's attack buff. Atomic 123 powers have Combat Mechanics, not just the 4 power.

Every power set has advantages and disadvantages.
  5. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

100% agree on fire am being flawed the fact that its the only power in the game that uses s cast move alone shows its issue.
  6. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Every power will or has a window except for atomic how's that fair? That's a big disadvantage.
    • Like x 2
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Because of the other advantages I listed. Atomic's 123 powers have Combat Mechanics, so really the only thing interrupting it is a possible Lunge from an enemy. It's not like Light or Rage that are so susceptible to Block. You can make your loadout without Atomic's AM power that is susceptible to Block (forget the name offhand). That, mixed with a good tank, will keep you out of interrupts.

Again, I'm not saying Atomic doesn't need a 3 second window, just playing devil's advocate for discussion purposes.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Weapons cancelling AM for combo powers is the most stupid thing. It's a major loss of dps.

If anything 12345 and Mobility powers should get this not Celestial and Rage. It is not hard to mis tap a celestial combo which makes it unfair. And the Rage is consisted, why bother doing weapons inbetween? It's stupid and again a loss of dps.
    • Like x 4
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I wanna see how strong weapons are going to be exactly and how a tap or Lunge is going to make anything more powerful than it is right now.

Does that mean that weapon clipping and WM are going to be viable methods of dps-ing for all power sets once again ?

Oh and this change will completely kill AMs for support roles, is there no way to make AM only stops past 1 tap /1 hold weapon input ?
    • Like x 2
  10. DulcesS Well-Known Player

I'm not a tester, but I think that weapon attacks canceling AM would be a good thing for celestial once the 3 seconds grace period is added. Specially for pvp. While doing pvp I try to play as fast as possible and clip literally everything that can be clipped. This would brought me (and has brought me) problems with celestial and its 3 seconds grace period if the AM wasn't cancelled. Imagine a pvp fight where I:

- Admonish combo into Blight > clipped with breakout trinket > handblaster's tap + hold > clipped with Consume Soul combo into... BAM! 3 seconds grace period > AM still up > vulnerability to interrups > I get countered.

Weapons cancelling AM would be awesome for pvp. And only affect celestial pve when doing lunges which is something that isn't always happening. Blocks are way more common and still won't break the AM, while they can be used to farm immunities too.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Everyone" i think the reason for them making the weapons disable the AM is because weapons/WM are a separate play styles, i do believe they may do with with other power's later on.

Meaning we will have two different play styles if i understand correctly, one with WM or one with the Advance mechanic.

the only thing i would like to be check out is sometimes, the weapons would come out instead of the next combo, i have had this problem with all combo power sets.

hopefully that can get look into, i haven't been on test yet been working in fact about to leave to go do more work....
    so Best luck to the testers.

To atomic user's i also play atomic i know the feeling but please let's leave the testing threads, to Testing so we can get these power's done.

Thank you" Have a nice day everyone Later" Tunso spord don't let these people get under you're skin.:p
    • Like x 1
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

CC effects can still interrupt us just as it can interrupt anyone else.
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Ams aren't used in arenas so idk wut ur getting at....
    • Like x 1
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Tunso I respect the work you put in but this a terrible change on the combo powers, as said not only do they lack behind the 1,2,3,4 power sets but now not only does one of the main reasons the combo powers suffer ex lag, input delay, ect where out of no where mid power combo you go into a weapon attack now, it removes you out of your AM this is getting pretty absurd now. These powers require by far more skill in game and should net a overall increase in damage. Is it possible that instead of a single hit losing your am could require two hits?
    • Like x 3
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Can people NOT talk about Fire, Atomic Ice or any other powers? Regardless if your point is valid it derails the thread.
    • Like x 1
  16. SlipAncDC Active Player

Unacceptable, an entirely useless update for rage.
    How can the devs possibly think rage is fine? I've never seen a dev team so out of touch with their game in my life.
    This is poor, not to mention a power i payed for is underperforming so drastically compared to powers given for free.
    Pathetic.
    • Like x 3
  17. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

10000 % right!!!

I don't get it u know...
    I post like 1000 thread about rage... Never get even a poor answer...
    It's like they don't care at all about rage...
    They release the power and from day one just destroy it day by day...
    Non any one good update for rage
    The am is mad weak... To max dmg with rage u need to work 10 times harder and still u stay behind other power..
    The melee version is unplayable cuz the stun u get every sec and the risk u put your self by high dmg of adds/boss...
    The aoe of melee is ridiculous... And the dmg is way to weak for 100% real melee attack ( and not range power from close )
    The range option we get is also ridiculous cuz it's only one poor skill... That mad slow... And still weak compare other power...
    The sc of dps is also unplayable cuz one its group sc... And one is melee sc.... And even when u pull berseker sc u get so much stun... That must of time u loosing your Sc cuz u in floor or dead....
    Know they put this option of loosing am dmg with weapons attack LOL...
    It's like they looking to kill prec power...
    • Like x 1
  18. metalfenix Committed Player

We are not talking only about lunging, you forget that we may miss an input throwing a weapon attack (that happens mostly when you fail the third input of combos like PcDL or WoTPcCS) and for that we should be punished like that on PvE? Besides, on arenas as far as I understand, we have the AM disabled so people will keep clipping combos with weapons regardless this update. Sorry to break your bubble, but celestial, even with the AM and weapon cancelling, will be a nightmare on PvP after this update.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Well u understand this is probably going to be done for all powers right? Its only on test for rage/cele atm but it was discussed to be for all powers. And this testing period is a big part of that. Like someone said u dont get AM dmg like that in pvp ;) U say affect only lunging in pve and it doesnt happen a lot. Maybe u dont do it a lot but others do. Because of the power they play. We as players need to see the big picture here. Not just how it will affect 1 or 2 powers but the entire game and all players.
  20. SlipAncDC Active Player

Safe to say we have a pack of inexperienced, tunnel visioned, deaf and or blind developers.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.