First Listen to the New Harley Quinn voice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Templar Dedicated Player

They sound pretty much nothing a like at all.
  2. Deranya Dedicated Player

At the moment my ears just scream nooooooooo with lots of echos. I hope it grows on me as well, Harleys been one of my favourites from the start. But as Jafin said
    :(
    • Like x 1
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

She makes Harley sound like some fat old cat lady that lives in the Bronx and yells at young people out her window for walking too close to her house.
    • Like x 3
  4. megamanzero Loyal Player

sounds pretty bad in my opinion. as bad or maybe even worse than tara strong's harley... this isn't harley for me. this sounds more like an imitation of louise from bob's burgers but with an accent. probably would rather just have that actress doing the voice lol
    • Like x 1
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

tried listening to it more...definitely worse than tara strong's harley. i'm not even wearing nostalgia goggles (or would it be headphones in this case?). this is just plain bad.
    • Like x 2
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

It is a little cackle-y. Could be worse though.

She sounds more like Harley in The Wolf of Wall Street than in Suicide Squad.

And Darkseid :D (I think it's the same dude, but with some reverb)
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, they haven't re-done all the older stuff. That's still Arleen.
  8. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Don't hate it....Don't love it

The vid makes me miss the old illustrated cutscenes though
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not bad, but just from listening to it I think they could have pulled her back a bit on the performance. Just seems a little too over the top in places.

Could just be a matter of only listening to it without having the cutscenes/instances to help give context or set the tone, though. I might have an entirely different opinion after seeing everything put together and not just having one piece of the puzzle to work with.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

Sounds like nails on a chalk board to me. Needed to go more accent and less wicked witch.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I finished editing my play through with Jafin so you can hear the voice in context and as part of an actual conversation:

If you're interested in the Duo in general, it shows you where to get the investigations from, as well as the reward, too. It also shows the Duo from a villains point of view. Ignore my horrible tanking, also please ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks for that, the context does help quite a bit. I can see what they were going for, but I think my initial impression still stands. She did a decent job, but I think they could have pulled her back a bit on the performance.
    • Like x 2
  13. X-zero Loyal Player

Seems fine to me. I still get a that is Harley talking when she speaks which is the important part. Glad that DC finally stop not using people just because they can't get the VA to return. The villain tech side suffers a lot because of that.
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I want to like it but...no. I'm sorry. I love Harley. And I'm sure she is a great voice actor. But this just didn't do it for me. It sounded to deep and like others said witchy or cackley? Harley is supposed to be a little more subtle and with that accent. Harley is a little more kiddish in her tone this seems just idk..... Off. But I do want more Harley content.
    • Like x 2
  15. Blight KOBRA Commander

It's a bit rough. The great thing about how Arleen Sorkin voiced the role, was that she was able to do the flighty/bubble head girl routine so well one second, and like turning on a dime she could lower the pitch and sound like she really wanted to hurt you. This new girl sounds like she'd still trying to find her own fit, and her voice is a little too gravely. It's actually why I like Margot Robbie for the part in the live action version of the character, because if there's one thing that woman can pull off well it's playing a vacuum head.
    • Like x 2
  16. tokidokij Active Player

Kind of also sounds like Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers.
    • Like x 2
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, for me it's usually the last word she delivers that ruins it. I don't think I've read a comment in this thread or on my video that I didn't agree with tbh.

Like has been said though, might not be the greatest Harley of all time, but it's either this or no Harley content at all.
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Ok, I slept on it, and upon listening to it today, it's even worse. Whoever said Louise from Bob's Burgers hit the nail on the head and I can't unhear it now. It's absolutely awful.

How this got passed Q&A is mind boggling.
    • Like x 6
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Did you watch my play through and see the voice acting in the context of the instance? If not, and you do, does that change your opinion?
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I didn't because I don't want to be spoiled (I know, a bit silly) :oops:
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.