What scares you?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Wallachia, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im afraid of blood.
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

Still reeling are we? ;)

What scares me? Not knowing whats coming.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aren Sul Committed Player

Serious Answer: Lightning.
    It was a humid summer's day in Brooklyn and I was 15. A thunderstorm started so we headed to my friend's porch which had one above it so we were safely out of the rain. I was standing about two feet away from an ornate metal fence that decorated the neighbor's porch when lightning struck it. It was weird, I heard an odd 'zzz' sound behind me and a weird feeling and a flash. Of course there was a deafening boom to follow. The lightning strike left a small scorch mark on the fence and ever since then, I've been freaked out by lightning.

Humorous Answer: Telekinetic Monkeys
    I worked with Cebus Apella monkeys in grad school. They really have a knack for flinging "stuff" at people they don't like. In our case, it was the guy who was paid to clean out the holding room. Surprisingly accurate animals. Gives you an idea where the term "bullseye" comes from, even if the bull is a cleaning guy. Well just the thought of giving those little demons the ability to throw things with their mind... shudder
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yours? Or someone slash thing elses?
  5. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

Great, you just had to tell him he has blood too. Now the poor thing will be poking holes all day to get rid of it all.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

My blood and others blood scares me half to death.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Miley Cyrus
    • Like x 2
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Carnies ... small hands.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Then you won't want to know about a nosebleed had earlier, totally coated the bowl of the toilet before it stopped, it then left a crusty matted hairball of dried blood, snot and nosehairs in the nostril

But, you don't want to imagine that, do you
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I hate you >_>
  11. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I think the scariest thing in DCUO is the beholder in Paradox Wave or Iron Curtain whose catchphrase is "It's curtains for you."

The scariest thing in real life is growing old and dying. Drowning in the ocean would suck too. Why because besides the initial panic you' would probably have just enough time to briefly think about all your loved ones and how much you want to see them again.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

If we're talking real fears and not joking around like some here, I fear for the future. I didn't think that was when I was a kid but watching the direction of my country and the world over the last 15 years or so, I'm scared to death of the future. Now, I'm not afraid of dying because that's something that will never be avoided. I'm talking about how the freefall of my country and the world as a whole is going and how it's going to effect my daughter. I fear that the world she's going to grow up in isn't going to be as promising and as bright as it was looking to be when I was in high school. And things are going to get progressively worse before it gets any better and the worst part about it is that this is all self inflicted.

Oh, and I'm afraid of spiders too. Especially Clock Spider:

[IMG]

If this creature were in my house, I would set the land speed record running away from it. That or I would blow several 12 gauge slug holes in my wall trying to rid my house of it.
  13. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

Smell like cabbage.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tannen Committed Player

arachnophobia - I've always hated/feared spiders, walking through spider webs, etc

Fear of falling - I used to think I was acrophobic, but over the years I realized that heights themselves don't actually bother me, so long as I'm inside an airplane, have some sort of railing, a window, etc between me and the drop. If none of these exist, then getting out near the edge of a cliff or ledge freaks me out

Stage fright - So severe for me that I'm even affected by it if I'm expected to perform or have the direct attention of even a small group (say 3 or 4)

germophobia - This ones very mild for me now, though as a teen I let it get the better of me, and it was quite a bit more severe then.

I also have several social based fears that cause me a lot of social anxiety.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Same here, don't know why have a problem with spiders, and that fear of falling, get that really really bad in dreams (even though in dreams can fly, put me near an edge and will drop and cling to the ground like a limpet)