What does episode 24 prove

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, May 1, 2016.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Hey guys

So recently episode 24 was announced and showed off in a livestream, its on YouTube if you missed it.
    Episode 24 is by far the most fan supported piece of dlc dcuo has put out in a while, why?

Well lets start off with the mission, for one their getting back into the gotham gang war story, which most of us wanted to see more of, its batman content, batman well bruce wayne is in the mission, and its fresh thank the goodness we're finally out of trilogys, well almost. And the mission seems to look fun, something that the trilogies lacked.

Now lets look at the first gear set, the one you get through running content, its based on firestorm! A popular character in comics , never one of my favorite Heros but his alter ego thats a villain was always kinda cool to me. Now this set is important because well no1 really cared or asked for a firestorm content until well, we saw him on the Flash tv show, this is crucial to proving that the devs are starting to become more active in the community and listen to and putting stuff in the game that is more modern rather then some of the classical or more used up arks in the game, like the whole life lantern death takeover thing, ive seen that somewhere oh in like every major selling lantern ark, the Legends of tomorrow content is the best way in my opinion to keep comic fans of TODAYs stuff happy .

Time to get to the elephant in the room, the red hood gear! Words cannot explain the joy that surged through my body when this was revealed, the 4 guns! Amazing! This style is probably the most important thing thats came to dcuo so far this year, why? Because we, yea us, yea probably you Thats reading this right now have been asking for it for soo long, people were asking for ref hood gear before water powers, and now we finally have it, this was a major win for the dcuo players, definitely one that should be acknowledged.

So what does this episode prove? It proved to us that these forums do actually hold power, that the devs do actually listen, and that with the right determination and repeated spamming we can make a difference.* say in super hero voice
    • Like x 2
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ep24 is like #1,584 of when the Devs listen to the Players. They listen ALL the time.
    • Like x 9
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Until i see the darkseid raid episode 24 really doesnt prove anything for me personally. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.
    • Like x 9
  6. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Devs listening isn't always a good thing.
    • Like x 5
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

A shame we have to wait until "later this month" as a recent tweet stated.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Well the devs have to also understand that to try realize end of dlcs don't have to be raid or alerts make something like a 16 man boss fight or use different ways to implament a end dlc boss in different mission types!
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

With the XBox launch.... that was to be expected. :(
    • Like x 4
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

Yeaa, not like the game went thru a downfall of quality, neglect, or loss of players to get to where we at now... I too am excited :D
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They can only do so much at a time. I'd rather wait for a lower number of bugs than see a bug-ridden Episode prematurely dropped.

What I do wonder about is what plans they have for dealing with further inevitable slippage in the monthly schedule when it happens.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Oh I understand that there is only so much they can do.
    Still it was obvious that the Xbox launch combined with the server issues from last week would most likely cause delays.

As for the slippage.... odds are they will skip a month at some point to try to get back on track..
  13. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

And I might add: the things they don't listen to won't be changed by "repeated spamming" as the OP put it - simply because they mostly are not thought to the end and often are even hurtful to game and business model.
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just for the record, the Harley Quinn content isn't Gotham Gang Wars related. It's a "cute" little episode series featuring Harley Quinn as the focus.

Whilst it'll be more Batman-centric than most content in the game, it won't be the much needed core Batman content that the game needs.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Can i ask how giving us a red hood style would have hurt the business model? Or a outfit with fire hair? Or a batman head style? And do you know how we, us the community got all these cool snazzy new styles or anything implement? Repeated spamming lol

Look if you dont have that all access under your name or your not a YouTube promoter, or whatever you do .. It can be harder to get the devs attention to some things, your right you did get your pvp update or whatever but now it seems like the devs are actually looking at the more popular post that are besides new crazy mechanics that's they'll eventually have to replace because the NEXT man COMPLAINS because they dont work

And true i was really hoping it would at least be on test by now , sooner we would get it, but the X1 launch kinda came outta nowhere lol
  16. LookHere Active Player

Until i see a guarantee one rare drop in Elite raid then I'll say good work.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

They do. They really do. Sometimes it goes into "careful for what you wish for" category.

In all respects, the developers of this game are a bunch of great people and take care of us. I'm glad they are removing the CR Differential. I hope they come up with something positive for the leveling options. Let's see.
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Tbh I'm going to wait until I actually get to play the content.

The content in this game has been pretty lacklustre for a very long time.

They can use whatever story line they want but if the content isn't the right balance in terms of difficulty then it doesn't matter what the story is.

The same can be said for styles. I not going to say "wow this is an amazing quarter of content just because they release a nice set of gear.

Gear is secondary in terms of the quality of the content.

And to be honest I'm sick of the cheesy easy content in this game. It's boring. The mechanics are all over used. The game is designed with dps heavy stacking in mind and when they do want to give it a feeling of being hard they simply Chuck in some random unexplainable and unavoidable one shot.

Tbh I pretty low on this game right now. I love the game but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm actually looking around for something else to replace this game as my primary time spend.
    • Like x 6
  19. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I am more SQUEEEEEE about going to Kandor. I am really hoping to see Power Girl and Supergirl as Nightwing and Flamebird, like in New Krypton arc, but that is me.

Oh and getting the symbol of El, was 99999999999999999X more SQUEEEEEE then some hood and four guns. But to each their own. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, though, there are some out there that have the mindset that if the devs aren't doing exactly what they (the player) is saying should be done, the devs aren't listening.

Not trying to say that you are doing so, but that kind of thing can cloud the perspective of what's going on with dev interaction.