Ideas for Powers, Movements, and Weapons

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by NuclearQueen, Apr 17, 2016.

1. NuclearQueen Active Player

Powers
    • Tattoos (Ala Tattooed Man)
    • Music (Ala Pied Piper.)
    • Solar Energy (This is not my best idea. I was thinking something like Fire and Celestial combined.)
    • Hair (No, I'm not joking. I'm talking about Godiva style attacks.)
    • Sound Manipulation (Something like Vibe)
    • Bone (Remember that dude from the first season of Naruto, who could shoot fingerbones from his knuckles and produce bone swords and stuff? Yeah. That.)
    • Wind Manipulation
    • Metal (Like Magneto.)
    • Robotic (Like Cyborg based attacks. Arm cannon shots, etc.)
    Movements
    • Skating (Skateboards, Roller Skates, whatever. It'd be cool if you could customize what you're skating on as well.)
    • Vehicles (No explanation needed, I think. Should also be customization)
    Just a note: I wanted to include teleportation, but I have absolutely no idea how it could be implemented.
    Weapons
    • Single pistol
    • Whip/Chain/Lasso
    • Claws
    • Boomerangs
    • YoYo (This is low priority, but it would be the most hilarious weapon)
    • Wands
    • Boxing/Kickboxing (Similar to Brawling, but a bit faster.)
    • Powers. (Use your powers to fight. Wouldn't take up Mana or anything, but it'd look cool. Wouldn't have any sort of power properties, like increasing damage by 40% or something.)
    • Kicking (Yes, I am thinking of Chun-Li, and I don't regret it.)
    • Power armor (This one is a bit complex. I'm thinking like, a sort of armor based weapon ((yes, you should be able to edit it to remove the actual armor from your character)), like a turrent springing out from your chest, rockets from your back, etc.)
    • Sword and Shield (Not too complex, but basically a mix between the One handed sword, and Shield.)

Uh, that's about it. If anyone has any more, or questions (or comments) about the powers listed, just say em. I just think these ideas are cool. Some are hard to implement, I know, some aren't, but I'd love to see at least one of these come into fruition.
    • Like x 7
  2. Kenshin Level 30

3. Kenshin Level 30

And you my friend have an awesome outlook. Those are actually amazing ideas. Also seeing weapons on our characters while sheathed would be awesome as well. For example sword and shield.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Some good ideas there. Too bad that none of them will probably ever happen :confused:
  5. NuclearQueen Active Player

As far as I'm aware, there are some back styles that show the dual swords or a single sword, but that is an amazing idea.

Like the shield on back, Ala Captain America
    Pistols in holsters
    Whips tied around waist

That's a very good idea. Thanks for bringing it up.
  6. NuclearQueen Active Player

Psssh, if you're here to help, that didn't help much :mad:
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

:(
  8. NuclearQueen Active Player

Love you bae <3 <3

Seriously though, I am willing to fight very hard to see at least one of these ideas come into practice.
  9. Kenshin Level 30

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I made a new took last night. His name is Takeshi Kaneshiro
  10. NuclearQueen Active Player

Oh I love making new tooks. But yeah, go ahead and tell me some more ideas, I'll try and think of some too.
  11. Kenshin Level 30

I just realized I typoed that LOL *toon.
  12. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i always thought Venom power (bane-inspired) was a good concept for a tanking power. i mean bane was already there.. when they launched the first 2 additional powers (elec heal and HL troll) my hopes were venom will be the next power for tanks. but then they did earth (which is cool), and then rage (okay i guess) and then atom (nooooo smh.. well at least the concept is better than muni xD)
    • Like x 1
  13. NuclearQueen Active Player

Got a new idea concept you might enjoy, Shadow/Darkness based power, like Obsidian.
  14. HARDL1GHT AC3 New Player

I want like spines (similar to we had in COH) and maybe design some more archetypes rather than just tank, healer, controller. we need like maybe a range archetype or make a assassin archetype.

it pains me that a player has to play dps if the player doesn't wanna dedicate themselves to a run specific loadout smh this is mainly the thing that frustrates me.
  15. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I just wanted to chime in and say that I would love for DCUO to establish an official channel or thread where we can brainstorm around everything. Just a wish list dumping ground. Instead, our great ideas are scattered hither and yon.
  16. TheMysteriousStranger New Player

What about glass? it could be a controller power where you are able to trap enemies in mirrors, create clones that can taunt enemies, and a bunch of other stuff
  17. NuclearQueen Active Player

Sounds more like Mirrors than actual glass, but sure.

If you guys want, I could write an entire system for a power. Powers, power description, power interactions, combos, etc.
  18. Northernfire New Player

I like

I like many of the ideas here, if I might, I want to grow some ideas off them- Seeing as DC comics must be the basis for any powers, we need to have some DC characters as the poster children for the power sets-

In DC we have many heroes and villains to choose from so lets get to that and see who we can attach to the powers you mentioned, or if needed, evolve the idea to a place where the power is viable to relate to a few characters.

Tattoo powers ( Shadow/Darkness), though cool has only on real character associated to it- The Tattoo Man. However- it does have a Shadowy quality and perhaps could be lumped into the other darkness/shadow characters in DC, making the character association much broader and the reliability and power set more appealing for the devs to consider- Over all Tattoos or shadows, they are construct powers in the comics and with characters such as Tattoo Man, Nightingale, Obsidian, Shadow Thief and The Shade to draw from, we have some cool power inspiration

Music/Sound Manipulation- a power set the two are similar enough that gamewise can be the same powerset. Sonic screams, Operatic chanting, Memorizing whistling ( via flute, violin or voice) to Inspirational Battle cries the power set could be pretty sweet. Characters like Piped Piper ( op mentioned) as well as Black Canary, Silver Banshee, The Fiddler, Vibe, Screach all have a place in this power set as inspiration. amazingly viable powerset as well that has the bonus of being more or less its own type of power in look and feel.

Bone/Hair- Not sure on the DC characters to draw from but if we look at this as a smaller part of a larger power set, Shape-changing. I know nature has some shape changing, but really, Shape-changing should be its own power. From Beastboy, Metamorpho, All versions of Clayface, Chameleon, Elongate Man and Plastic Man we have a solid thematic shape-changer base to draw a whole new powerset off of. Spike formations, stretching New forms, body weaponry this could be a good powerset that is fun to play. The Bone and Hair idea was a great jumping off point!

Wind Manipulation I do not see happening, as Flight skill power pretty much are this. from passive damage done when diving, to vortexes and blasts and pulls the set has it all, it is just neglected by the devs. I have felt that all movement mode powers should be the things to benefit from Weapon Mastery the most as there is no AM for them. I agree it would be nice if there were more of a tree aspect to it, but all in all Air Powers re in the game as air powers in the skill points. To make Air as a Power set would mean Flight would be needing a full redo as well- sadly something not happening I think, all things considered- a call for making the move powers more effective and viable to use is more something we might get.

Solar Energy- I dunno how to place this idea- Isn't Atomic by very nature Solar? Solar radiation is an aspect of Nuclear powers. The Fire and celestial mix is pretty much how Atomic powers are in the game with added elements of sub atomic manipulations.

Robotics - Might happen down the road, many said that Munitions was just gadgets 2.0, maybe this is how Robotics will be for Munitions. Could be cool- Cyborg and Metallo being the main characters for this I think

Metal powers- maybe magnetics? though there are not many in DC that have this power I like the idea, but as a DC theme power might be a longshot. Dr Polaris is the only character that come to mind DC wise

Your ideas are pretty good, do not get me wrong in my look on some of them, I am looking at if we can viability call for them in game as a player base

I want to add a power idea of my own too- Super Strength- the things that can be done via the Super strength in comics is, really, its own powerset- I can see one tree being Muscles and the other tree being Endurance- Hand clap stuns, ground punching tremors, muscle flexing resilience, Chain breaking break outs with the power set giving bonuses to throwing items and smashing things into foes that make for doing that type of thing a viable tactic and not just some fun goof we all do from time to time and so forth.
  19. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

i like the robotic powerset
    • Like x 1
  20. Ken Spartan Committed Player