Only Problem I see

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NewbieDougie, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

The way I see it, if you queue up alone it's fair game. If they can access the queue, they can queue up alone in whatever role. You basically agree to that when queuing alone. If not, find yourself the partner you want, it's that simple.
    • Like x 4
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

See the thing is... There is a major imbalance if a player below the recommended CR is seen as a hiderance for being in "Support role"(I'm assuming that's what you meant" because they are in "Support stance"(Really though duos should be compleatable with any combination of two players, including support roles... and also the average player should have a chance to earn at least one piece of gear from a duo at minimum CR, even if they can't complete it... (Bosses should be arranged from easiest to hardest for this reason... With the exception of when you chose the order you tackle the bosses...)
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

wow
    • Like x 2
  4. metalfenix Committed Player

If people come to a duo as a role or below the recommended CR, let them run it, if you are a dps, that is a good chance to show how good you are as a damage dealer.

The only people I hate, is people that sits there and do nothing, expecting a full carry and don't even lift a finger.
    • Like x 2
  5. metalfenix Committed Player

I could not have said it better. Bravo.
    • Like x 2
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Today, my 112 healer alt barely made it into DCR. Whatever, I'll blind queue, see what happens. I've played with 113's before and they died a bit but it was fine. I get in, and one person walks out. I'm left with a 161 atomic that queued as tank, but isn't switching, and a 147 that queued as dps only (think they were rage). They seem to need a lot of healing before we get to the boss. At the boss, it's fine until he lunges me and I go down, of course. They wipe! The 147 rage quits. The 161 says you know the suggested CR is 132. I said yup, do you need me to get me on a stronger toon? ::crickets chirp::

If you blind queue, you get what you get, whether that be a non-dps, or a entry-level cr. No matter your cr, or your stance, all I feel is that you should be willing to bow out of any instance, if it turns out you're the reason that others can't complete it.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

u want a great dps?
    [IMG]
    when the vets are taking a break? and all there is, is carried to the top tier, cr dps, are unaware of AM or WM?? Entering raid at minimum Cr as tank?? ffs, do some duos or alerts for a few days and meet suggested CR for such a role as Tank. It's an mmo, you're new, google the instance, its common for mmo fights, youtube, tank view/perspective, here is a guide from which you might find your power tank guide, http://dcuobloguide.com/traits/powers/ice-tank-guide/
    if u use PS3, don't tank. just say'n. Nobody likes you're console. you should not be a tank. don't be a bad tank either :oops:

ooooh, u want us to min/max the roles? well, considering the amount of times i'll have to complete the instance. yes. pls. look at the DPS, Control, Healer, and DPS role guides. read the comments below. i'd prefer to not take a long time doing the same thing many times.

PS. Tanks, draw a line from the canyon in PZ(r&e) to the area the boss activates by traveling to it and the crystals are interactive. As a TANK, you want to be far from the canyon. Line from canyon to area, move away from the canyon. Why? the ones picking up the crystals are having auto targetting issues from proximity. NPCs away from the canyon = quicker boss damage potential. This instance has made me hate tanks in pugs these past few weeks, I want to be a tank, but I can't as Mental. U choose where to pull them to.... oh nevermind. /exit
  8. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

Really now lol It's funny you mention this. I was running flash museum tonight. Started talking with the other person in the duo. He asks me if i needed any feats. I asked him. Hw says hes been after the feat with the bombs at the end. I tell him cool, we get it. I ask him if he can tank. He says ya but ppl always ask him to dps. We procedd to the Cpt. Cold, he switches to tank the asks where to stand. I ask him to keep him in the far corner and ill take care of the bombs n adds. We start, we finish and he has 50 points. But, with how you think about duos, thats a feat youll nvr get. And below cr requirement....no duos are that hard, Ill run duos with anyone regardless of what role they are. Something you might wanna consider
    • Like x 2
  9. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

AFAIK if u are at least a decent dps, ur damage alone is enough to finish any duos even at minimum CR smoothly. even if the other guy is only there to split damage and share agro, u should be good to go. so why complaining? if u are having trouble with a duo when paired with support roles, there's a chance that ur the one thats not doin a good job as a dps. dont think just because ur dmg is higher in the scoreboard means ur not the one to blame. DCUO is not DPS Universe Online FFS.
    • Like x 1
  10. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

^^this

I get support roles in duos all the time, or craptastic dps that only use pistols the WHOLE TIME. We get through it just fine, even on my nature dps.
    • Like x 3
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Yeah. i could get through it, but because they do what they do, i exit the app. get a drink. then que up again. I take them right up to the room with the boss, then leave. Get them into the room with the boss and exit. :oops:

edit, yall did 1-30 leveling in dps role, but not a duo? there are more fish in the sea. die to the boss. be inspired to use google for a guide. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DCUO DPS Guide
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

13. Vyltran Loyal Player

Hey you, DPS!..

I will keep my eyes on you..

:mad:
    • Like x 1
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

I agree with people bellow suggested CR, even if it's queue in a DUO both players should contribute and a lower CR player simply wont, but a support role wont at all make it harder, sure a lot longer but you can use that chance to get feats, but they don't make it harder at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Rage Alert

First I do solo / duos in DPS role but I'm normally a Support Role player, I can't tell you how many time I had to carry a garbage DPS in a duo. at least with a support I can get some healing, power or tanking to help me out

Second - a min Cr player is getting carried period !! it doesn't matter what role they are.
    • Like x 1
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Duo's and alerts are the training ground for other roles.. Or do you want them to learn in your raid group?
    • Like x 4
  17. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

And this is why they screw up raids... Wow the irony...
  18. DoflamingoGT Level 30

commenting just to check my signature
  19. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

Nice shades, where do they drop?
  20. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I feel that if you play support roles yourself, you're allowed to have a preference for running with two dps.