Your community is starving! When is Survival Mode?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scar-Red Nova, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

It's stressful even with a legit team to run it. The point you bring up about progression, saying as if they would have to make it easier if SM were to contribute to such is the last thing they should do. The level of challenge doesn't need to be changed at all, that very progression should be rightfully earned. Yet, if you bring in something like earning a guaranteed piece of ominpotence gear or better into the equation, now you've got the attention of everyone. You can't tell me a cheesy t-shirt feels satisfying enough after a grueling 10 hrs to complete 20 rounds.
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

You must know nothing about the game, since monthly content was implemented, they nerfed EVERYTHING so the new players could beat raids without any effort and actually spend replays.
    For me YES, IT IS SATISFYING, again its just your opnion and SM is already good enough to not be changed because of it.
    The pleasure of having a ____Fortress Survivor,____Trigon Survivor title is already good enough to make me spend the whole day there, not to mention the big size pets 16 players got last year beating r20 of fos.
    What make players run away from SM is the stats flattening, that makes beating round 20 almost impossible.
  3. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

You didn't twist my words? Yeah, okay. And you need a sense of opinion to formulate an argument, do you not? I'm not sitting here asking anyone to agree with me or expecting them to. Regardless, I know there are those who do. I can appreciate the challenge aspect of SM, a lot of hardcore players like myself in this game wanted that. But, when we talk about how this game is structured throughout the majority of its content, a little more would be expected from bringing upon a game mode of that caliber. As a result, there are players like myself who feel short-changed from it. We recognize that only to highly feel that it's just not worth the time and effort that it takes to complete it. Doesn't matter what you see as enough, content such as this should have something of worthy incentive to everybody since it only comes once every three or so months. I'm not going to waste all of that time for a weak t-shirt or a simple challenge. And it wasn't hard to see how you like putting in all of those wasted hours for SM; I stated that, remember? You're a funny guy.
  4. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I don't know anything about the game? I've been in this game since Feb 2011, meaning I've experienced just about every transition this game has gone through. So, what do you even mean??? We weren't talking about raids to begin with, we were talking about SM. Did you even read what I said? What do those titles do for you? What do those pets do for you? Nothing, I'm not going to be a sucker for cosmetic nonsense.
  5. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I don't know if you realize gear and SP mean nothing either. Only purpose of getting gear is to boost your ego at this point. You can get through every raid they cam come out with if you keep up with your vendor gear. So why do people want it? What's the purpose? There is none but Survival Mode where it actually matters.
  6. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

They don't "have" to nerf anything or is that what they tell you? When you think of the term "survival mode," such a portion of the game should capture every essence of that. A true test to display who the best of the best are. Every single reward from such should be exclusive to them, not the noobs who have no clue how to play their roles in such circumstances and want things easy. Don't you think 10 hrs to complete 20 rounds should offer a little more than a t-shirt or title? Why should top-notch players be denied ultimate benefits from such a game mode because it's "too hard" for somebody else? I don't agree with that, those devs need to stop catering to those noobs for once. It's a problem to offer a piece of OP gear in the game that says "I earned it" instead of "I got lucky?" I'm sorry, but no.
    • Like x 1
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I mean, if you want to take this moment to bash on egotistical players in this game, I guess you could get away with saying that. Yet, I'm not speaking from an egotistical standpoint. Although, gear and sp sure do mean a lot more than some worthless cosmetics. I'll tell you what really matters, my time.
  8. Peach4saints Committed Player

Let's be real here, we all know the game is not like that. Why do you think content has become so easy or if its too hard, gets nerfed down?Because the rewards have to be obtainable by most of the end game community since theyre apart of progression.

Dont get me wrong id love to get a feat with points attached to it or something more for beating certain rounds of sm but if most of the end game community(whose money is just as important as mine or yours) cant get those progressional items, they would complain and sm would be nerfed, that has been proven with so many so dcuo content. No progressional items involved then no need to worry about most of the end game community complaining.
  9. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

You want real? All you're doing here is buying into what they're telling you. This game is constantly being ruined because of how devs make the choice to constantly cater to noobs, which they should have never done in the first place. I realize everything of how this game is and I'm highly disgruntled by the state that it's in. But, a game mode such as SM should stray away from that supposed norm of catering to noobish players. I know I'm not the only one who has grown tired of that. We're supposed to feel sorry for a group of players who aren't ready enough to complete that challenge or content? Make them earn it, which is everything that SM should be about. I can't sympathize for those who want to take short-cuts so they can get things easy all of the time; that's weak.
  10. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

No, finally starting to get exobits...
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

What we all are trying to tell u is: Things will never work like we want, Devs have to think about their pockets and the noob community, most of the noobs don't use the forums ( thanks god they don't, i'm tired of nerf threads). The reality of the game is: If a noob player can't beat content, it must be nerfed, because the content is made for everyone, SM will ofc be nerfed if it has something for our progression.
    For real i don't know why i'm discussing this, devs will never put gear or something else thats not cosmetic in SM, fact.
  12. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

That seems like a bottom of the boredom barrel task :p Although I just was talking about this today how I live on a bit route and typically just stand in my living room for 2 hours. I should get onto that!
  13. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I agree with your sentiment, but there is (or there was) a place for this - Elite raids. But the casual crowd complained because they got to be 1 CR higher than others and it got casualized too. But that's completely off topic to go down that rabbit hole.
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Or hire more devs. Like they say on twitter: we could use more testers, no, devs, for SM.
    The devs don't even pay and I thought that testers in some companies were getting paid. For real. It is like a job.
  15. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Plenty of stuff to do with that money. For example ive never needed to buy any booster bundle since that SM as i buy all auras right off the broker. Ive known people whove spent over $500 on the last 3 bundles, yet i have all the auras in the game and never spent a dime for any of them.

It also helps pay for tons of resets, so i can farm any new raid/alert that comes out. Theres plenty of other stuff you can do with that money too, but ill just let you use your imagination. Unfortunately for you though, you dont have much of an imagination (or common sense for that matter) since you really believed you couldnt do anything with it to begin, but oh well...sucks for you.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Because the whole point of SM is bragging rights. It's not bout feats and gear. Those don't belong in sm. Sm is all bout skill. Some people have it and others don't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.