Test Discussion St. Patrick's Day Event

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please use this thread for any feedback about the 2016 St. Patrick's Day Event.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Love the new rainbow aura. Great job with that guys!
    • Like x 1
  3. Wretched Egg 02 New Player

Any chance of a future rainbow plasmic aura in a booster bundle ^_^
  4. SSeid Committed Player

The rainbow aura is really cool. The new base items and the style are a bitter disappointment.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Videos, for anyone who's interested :)

The Event Itself
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for allowing us to skip the dialogue/break free from the camera during the Tour of Metropolis mission. I knew that feature would come in useful somewhere :D

Rewards Feedback
    Base Items
    I think a lot of people are going to feel this way, but the base items are disappointing. We've had a good Halloween, strong Christmas, an incredible Valentine's Day, but sadly a disappointing St Patrick's Day. Which is a shame as the last 2 years have been arguably some of the best.

The Barstools just don't work. The Summer event barstool was better, because it was made of wood, meaning it actually went with the wooden St Patrick's Day bar gear. I also dislike how they've got "(Blue)" in the title. It suggests that there will be more of them, but history has taught us that this is rarely the case as in the case of the Presents sets at Christmas.

They also feel too small. More so the Row version. There's no way 3 people could sit side by side on those.

There are too many coins, as well. 5 of the 8 base items are coin related. I feel this is too many. Plus most of them are oversized and just don't really fit anywhere. I would have preferred more items in line with the Celtic Knot item.

I would have also liked to have seen more bar stuff. Perhaps something for the ceiling that holds glasses. Maybe even a completely new, modern and contemporary bar theme with plastic/glass materials, too. Something that would be at home in club L'Excellence

Style Items

Where the base items fail, the style items are absolutely incredible.

I like the emblem. It's a nice touch. Nothing exemplary but it's nice to see new emblems. The tuxedo t-shirt is a cool item, as well. Very much relevant to St Patrick's Day, as much as a Christmas Jumper is to Christmas. Good job.

The hearts aura from Valentine's Day was great, so a similar one featuring clovers is great.

The rainbow aura is fantastic, too. Exactly what I wanted. It would have been nicer if the aura was like emitting outwards from the character, but I understand that probably wasn't possible due to tech limitations. I'd really like to see more rainbow coloured auras in the future. I'm interested already to see how it would look with patterns like the Solar, Nimbus and Radiant aura.

• Like x 8
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Minor Bug

On the Villains side, when you speak to Mr Mxyzptlk for the first time each day, you cannot skip the dialogue.

I'm referring to where the camera locks and you have to listen to Mr Mxy talking about getting his pots of gold scattered all over Metropolis.

In other seasonals, you are able to Hold Square to skip the dialogue. So it'd be nice if we could do it here, too.
  7. Flair Well-Known Player

The auras look great! The styles are fun. The base items are a HUGE disappointment! I have honestly been looking forward to more bar stuff since the beginning of last year's event. It was so awesome. The new furniture is totally pointless. The bars tools are "ok" but as Tork said, the really don't go style-wise with the rest of the bar stuff. They look more like something you would sit on inside of a BigBelly Burger than an Irish pub. Also, where are the bar tables we are supposed to place our lovely booths around??? I would have thought a table would be a no-brainer to be included this year. Just including a table alone would make this event highly replayable for me. The coins are redundant and not very useful at all.
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

Coins, coins everywhere.
    The rainbow aura is really cool, excluding the base items i love this event.
  9. Vesper Dedicated Player

Howdy! LOVE LOVE LOVE the rainbow aura.

Possible bug, not sure: When picking up collections in Metropolis, I am still getting Wedding Vows, not Clovers.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

What are the feats
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Use 20 of the new Clover Bombs, which unlocks a title "(character name) the Green" (currently broken as the bombs don't drop) and a feat for collecting all 8 base items. I think they're both worth 10 each.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ty
    • Like x 1
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Just want this to be confirm, when we do the race we will not recieve any clover marks, so if we would only
    did the daily we only get 5 on one Toon?

just making sure this is right, is all, i kinda would like to get like 2 extra clover marks, since some items are like 7, 8..9 15.

Can we possibly see about adding clover marks to the race if possible?
    [IMG]
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This is how it works for all hero seasonal missions as well on live. You can only skip on the first day, you cannot skip afterwards.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Really?

I was able to skip Sinestro and Mr Freeze on a daily basis. I think Tala, too.
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup. On US Hero side, you can't skip any of the quest givers after the first day. Haven't run the valentines day event in a few days, but last I checked I couldn't skip him.
    • Like x 1
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I take it back, you are correct. I was certain I could skip them :| but yeah, I couldn't skip Mr Freeze's dialogue just then when I tried.

If they can easily implement it to that opening scene, it'd be well appreciated, though.
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I knew it was coming....

Yes.....any other aura just rainbow?
  19. DarthJafo Committed Player

previous feats and styles will be able to be unlocked here as well correct?

how does the actual event feel I comparison to the VD event which I thought was lacking
  20. AgentX44 Committed Player

there is no event for St. Patrick's. It's just an open world thing and a race.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.