Test Discussion Episode 22: Science Spire feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I would not call it "so easy", but I guess that how a game with such unbalance powers that seem not to want make such unbalance a priority at all and just let it be so for such a long time ...

I tested it with nature, I did manage to do it, it but it I woudld not call it "so easy" [maybe not "too hard" but definitely not "so easy"]... kidna slow in killing thus getting damaged... especially since there is many adds before the boss and no break in between...
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

Just ran it on a CR150 Atomic toon. No deaths. Some of the mobs hit pretty hard at that level but nothing out of line, especially since I was under the recommended CR. Mechanics seem sound but there really did not seem to be many to watch out for. I saw a skull on the first boss but it did not seem to do anything?

The only feat that popped was Energize. I didn't look at the list and try for any, though. I was more curious about how the difficulty would be below the recommended CR.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

there is a bug when you beat that last boss you go to that machine to turn it in once you turn it in it will glitch lois will just sit in back the mission is not completed you still get you're loot but does not say you completed the mission, lois will just stand still not talk does nothing the mission, only happens after final boss.
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it may only happen when people knockout at that boss, seems like it doesn't happen to others if they don't get knockout.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sorry, gonna post several replies with different stuff in them:

Audio Bug
    Upon completing the final boss, the victory stinger plays over the boss music, which continues to loop after the boss fight ends.

See 6:18

100% Repeatability

--------------------------------------------------------------

Opening Wave Event potential bug
    1) The NPCs only spawn from 1 door. They take a while to enter the room as well. The player is encouraged to go up to the door and fight the NPCs there, which puts them out of range for the Kryptonite mechanic later in the fight. Might be worth randomising the spawn points for each wave of NPCs so that players don't camp the single spawn point?

2) On occasion, only 1 NPC came out. The sequence was 1 NPC, 3 NPCs, 1 NPC, 3 NPCs. I believe the single NPCs were "Match" class NPCs. This didn't happen every time and I'm not sure if it's intended.
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Opening Boss Fight
    1. A player spamming their advanced mechanic is very much capable of killing the NPC before the first Kryptonite chunk falls from the ceiling. Perhaps you could reduce the time it takes to start the mechanics for that fight?
    2. The Kryptonite Mechanic is confusing. Lois, for the most part isn't helpful, but she does say "Throw this at him!" which is a rare line of Dialogue she says when spawning a chunk of Kryptonite. Perhaps you could remove the other lines and only have her say "throw this at him!" so players are made aware of what the Kryptonite does and how it stops his devastating attack? I was confused about how it worked until my 3rd of 4th attempt when I finally heard that "throw it at him" line.
    3. Perhaps if 2 is implemented, put a shield on the boss until the Kryptonite hits him to remove it, to encourage mechanic participation?
    Final Boss Fight
    1. As with the opening boss fight, the bombs take too long to appear. Perhaps reduce the spawn time on them so that players are encouraged to participate in the mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Power Core Area
    The Power Core area offers a 25pt feat for carrying the balls of energy to their locations. There is no danger of failing this feat as you can comfortably arrive at any of the spawn points with more than half the time left on the clock. Perhaps reduce the time an orb of energy lasts to at least offer some form of challenge to this feat?
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Solo Briefing Reward Display Bug

The reward for completing the Investigation inside the Solo has a display bug. The Lexcorp text and on screen monitor text is back to front on one side of the Lexcorp Console reward.

[IMG]

Potential Base Item Reward bug
    I've completed the new solo about 5 or 6 times now, maybe more and I haven't seen a single base item drop for me. Not sure if RNGesus hates me or if there's potentially a bug with base items not dropping in the solo.
  9. DC-9xlives Developer

Good catch, Torikumo, I'll take a look at that.

• Like x 1
  10. DC-9xlives Developer

Fixed, this should be on PC Test some time tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Excellent :) You remind me of Falconry.

A Falconer standing in a field, holds their hand out with a piece of meat and a bird of prey comes flying out of no where and lands on their arm. This is like you, whenever someone has an audio bug :D

Great work as always :)
    • Like x 1
  12. DC-9xlives Developer

Happy to help.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I say leave it as it is we have more then enough players at endgame with a low amount of skill points sadly we are going to start needing easy feats for them to do.
  14. ItsRem Well-Known Player

The doors in the solo have a "side quest" marker on them. It's also the same in the league halls for the prison cells.
    [IMG]

Teleporter inside the solo, it also won't let you advance.
    [IMG]
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Yeah I've been seeing the same stuff but all over the game :/

------------------
    Here is a video with the feats.

To be honest they're quite easy, the one on last boss I had to re-do it since I broke the bombs myself, but nothing too difficult.

I won't ask anything since this is already in place but I hope for future solos we get more difficult feats like the ones in the Parallax Solo.

To be honest with this solo I'll probably go once to go get all the feats and never go in again :(
  16. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Yeah honestly, I think some people just come into the duo/solo feedback threads to tell everybody how it was incredibly easy for them and they were so amazing that everything went perfect.

I think the difficulty is fine though. Solos and duos should be content without any hassle. It should be casual and that's what this is.
    • Like x 1
  17. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Also, when are they going to fix the teleporting issue? It makes testing the solo impossible because you can't progress.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

it's not fixed for you? It was fixed, that how I manage to test.... not sure if it broke again tho
  19. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Not when I got on 1 hour before live restart.
  20. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I guess it broke again.... I haven't been on test recenly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.