Will Light be able to keep up with top powers after it hits live?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ErnieB Loyal Player

How can I play if no one wants to play with me for neing a Light DPS, solos and duos aren't enough to give a reason to play every day.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Isn't that what a league is for. I have a hl dps in my league. We get through pb no problem.
  3. LipstickHeroine Active Player

So they are ruining HL DPS? How exactly? It's the only power in the game that I just began to pay them to play. Is my new subscription going to be limited to one month? Tell me they are not fussing with the single power that is actually enjoyable.

When does this take place, and what can people do to stop it? Are the HL users being kicked for being HL a real issue? If so, why is this even taking place?
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

They're not ruining it afaik, they're just not improving it as much a lot of people think it needs. HL damage has been weak for a while now.

You can read about the changes here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu-57-light-mid-range-adjustments.267234/
  5. Will Power Loyal Player

Personally I believe HL's True strength is in its Close range attacks and its precision attacks however from the stories I hear about endgame content makes me wonder. Makes me wonder how my close range Trolling would hold up too I like close combat with my combat.
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

My league isn't on every time I play, and you get through PB with your league because it's a league, they have to keep up with your power either way.
  7. SSeid Committed Player

Of course it will be able to keep up. However making more dmg than "Top powers" is up to you. BTW you obviously will never outdps Earth but don't feel bad, no-one can.
  8. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Sorcery, Ice, Mental and Gadgets can.
  9. Avian Dedicated Player

This is the video I made on the HL update.
    • Like x 1
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Dox and nexus era. Shouting sorc anything would have you hearing crickets innlfg. Kicked as soon as they saw the first circle getting thrown out. Remember when it was called sacrificial offering and would take your health to heal group and power watcher? Shard was a crystal you had to throw? And transcendence rooted u in place for 3 seconds.

• Like x 2
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

There are a couple of thigs you got wrong.
    First is that the 1.5 seconds is only after you start the AM, and it applies to using soders or trinkets and once you stop attacking if you stay in combat then the AM will activate again in 1.5 seconds instead of 4.
    And second is that you clipped LB and MG, that now gives less damage because they nerfed the clipping effect, to get the most damage out of both you have to let the animation play out as long as possible.
  12. Avian Dedicated Player

It wasn't a nerf, it was a fix. Before when you stopped channeling you'd get 2 ticks of damage from LB and MG but you were only supposed to get 1 tick.
  13. SSeid Committed Player

ehm, no. The line is simple: Earth> > Sorcery > Ice/Gadgets/Mental > rest. The only way to outdps Earth is if the Earth person sucks, big time.
  14. Delta796th Loyal Player

According to Tunso they reduced the damage when quickly moving thru LB and MG because it was pushing the damage out of the +/- 5% range. It was actually suggested by them in original AM that this was intended.

IE NERF.

On point I think light will be OK, and that's it just OK. The 3 second ramp up is still not favorable when going thru hallways. I don't care if you can keep am up (its pretty easy to do) but everyone else will be on the adds way ahead of you meaning the huge boost we just got to melee will likely be evened out.

The other reason I'm hesitant is our midrange is fine, yet other powers can inch up to 7m and get safer melee damage. We will be facehugging the boss (just like Rage). Granting immunity to bosses is not really good and you will die alot forcing you to back up with Range combo and lose damage to other powers.
    At best this just became better than Electric / Nature but still behind the other powers and not on par with Ice, Sorc, Mental, Gadgets, Earth.
    • Like x 3
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Back than I knew very little who tried to heal with watcher, who even thought of using sacrificial offering, not to mention wouldn't be bothered with trying to spawn and crystal to than pick up and smash to heal the group.

Also back in those days I know there was the start of the CR shouts and elitism so I paid more attention to that I think, plus never ran into it physically myself :D
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

You can't nerf something that has not been released.

The three second grace period applies to trinkets and soders. The AM will not drop at all unless you break the combo chain with a tray power. Taken from the test thread:
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wont beat Ice, sorcery or Earth. So if thats what you are comparing to then the answer to your question is no it wont be able to keep up. But it will be close but not getting killed by like 5 million.
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I keep saying that wherever I can, their "new balance" won't fix much, they just moved the issue from 12M to 7M, there won't be anything balanced. I get really tired of this, why they don't see that, hell Devs, prove me I'm wrong. We have second rate dps powers and Light is one of them. How 7M can be on the same level with melee attacks!
    • Like x 2
  19. Delta796th Loyal Player

Can't really call it a fix then either, let's agree to call it an unnecessary damage reduction then
    to a power on test that the devs have locked up the testing thread on and gone silent.;)
  20. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Nah, the Sorcery/Ice/Gadgets/Mental must really suck to be outdpsed by Earth.
    • Like x 1