Skipable episodes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Not_Drake, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Not_Drake Level 30

Hey guys

I am a long time player of the game, but I take breaks inbewteen playing so I can't justify subscribing monthly. I do enjoy buying episodes though. I have a $20 gift card coming in, and I'm gonna buy some of the remaining episode packs I don't have. What episodes in your opinion are not worth it? Here's what I have so far:

Fight for the Light
    Lightning Strikes
    Battle for Earth
    The Last Laugh
    Hand of Fate
    Amazon Fury Part I
    Halls of Power Part I
    War of Light Part II
    Amazon Fury Part II

Here's what I don't have

Home Turf
    Origin Crisis
    Sons of Trigon
    War of Light Part I
    Halls of Power Part II
    Episode 15 - 20

Should I just buy them all, or should I get some of the later ones? I am interested in the episodes with good stories/gameplay.
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If you're after good stories and game play, I'd recommend:

Origin Crisis
    War of the Light Part 1
    Halls of Power Part 2

Origin Crisis has 2 fantastic Alerts, which look at the origin of both Batman and Superman. There's also the Nexus of Reality raid, where players have to prevent their opposing faction's mentor (Luthor or Batman) from destroying a relic which helped another super hero/villain become who they are, thus preventing them from existing. The kicker is that Future Batman/Future Lex Luthor have pulled different versions of themselves from other timelines to help in the war.

War of the Light Part 1 introduces the Assault and Battery raid, which in my opinion, is the best raid they've done in recent years. It features a good story and has boss fights against actual iconic characters as they appear in the comics/popular media (before that it'd mainly been giant monsters that didn't exist or versions of characters which were irregular). There are some good mechanics in the A&B raid, too, including the Maze and also a mechanic where Saint Walker joins Hal Jordan in the final fight and if the Blue Lanterns get to close to Hal Jordan, they'll buff him significantly and he'll wipe whoever gets close to him (Heroes experience a similar fight, but with Hank Henshaw, Manhunters and Sinestro instead).

Halls of Power Part 2 is another phenomenal entry in terms of storyline. It introduces Granny Goodness who is an interesting character on her own. She summons you to her Happiness Home orphanage to test your abilities and has brainwashed some iconics, too. The environment is well done and the instance has some interesting mechanics. It's a great episode from a story perspective.

With all 3 of these episodes, though, you won't be able to fully experience the mechanics and game play aspects, because everyone now grossly overpowers the content. So unless you can find 4-8 at CR friends, you probably won't appreciate the content as much.
    • Like x 1
  3. Supergirly Dedicated Player

You need Hometurf for MoDs... that is a MUST.
    • Like x 2
  4. Van_Gho Committed Player

Definetly home turf
    • Like x 1
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

I started to write Home Turf as well, when this thread was 1st posted. Then I remembered things are all sold separately now.

Can he/she just buy the ability to use white mods?
    • Like x 1
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Just sub, you don't want to miss any of these.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Home Turf no longer comes with the Lair system it's a separate purchase.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...hanges-coming-to-the-dcuo-marketplace.239780/
    • Like x 5
  8. Not_Drake Level 30

Yeah I have the base, stuff they separated it from the episode
    Yeah I have three friends that are playing right now, thanks for the info!
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

Home Turf is probably not worth it, unless you want some T4 solo missions or really really love Steel.

What CR are you? Under 99?

You have all the T6 dlcs, but no way to get to T6 (99/100+) because you have no T5 dlcs. The three 3 T5 dlcs are OC, SoT, and WotL1. I suggest getting War of the Light 1 for the Mogo/Ranx level 90 gear vendor (it also has 2 alerts and 1 raid), and probably getting OC and/or SoT to give you more T5 missions to do.

Origin Crisis has 2 raids, 2 alerts, and 2 solos. You can get into the solos at CR 80, to help you get from 80 to 84. Its storyline involves time travel and Future Batman and Future Lex.

Sons of Trigon has 3 daily open world solos, 3 duos, 1 alert, and a weekly bounty that give you an unattuned level 85 piece of armor. It has Wonder Woman and Circe, Trigon's sons, and cameos by the Teen Titans and the Fearsome Five. The Amazon part of its storyline is continued in Amazon Fury 1 & 2, and the Raven part is continued in Desecrated Cathedral and Unholy Matrimony.

You can technically get into episode 15-17 at CR 113, so gear-wise, you can probably skip Halls of Power 2, as long as you're ok getting someone to carry you through some of 15-17. Storyline-wise, I'm not a big fan of the Halls of Power dlcs, mainly because I know nothing about the New Gods, etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. Not_Drake Level 30

Yeah I was looking at the sons of trigon it looked pretty essential, plus it has 400 feat points

I'll pick that one up too
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It kind of depends on the CR range you want to play... How high is your character? 15-20 might be out of range.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Though I like the content War Of The Light Part II is very skippable. Partly due to its very small mark relevancy. The "Alternate Reward Box" DLC.

They might as well make The Last Laugh free.