SM is toxic with the monthly format.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Broken Soui, Dec 20, 2015.

1. RachelBurns Active Player

It's no surprise that Survival Mode is flopping. There are very few players who actually want the challenge (as opposed to those who say they do but quit if a wipe occurs).

It's time the devs catered to the casual players and added solo/open world content. There's a lot more money to be made from advertising the opportunity to play alongside DC characters instead of yet another raid featuring one shot spamming or mechanics designed for a 2-2-2-2 group when most groups are 5-1-1-1.
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the SM is creating a Toxic environment at all, but I do see it taken away needed players for content that folks need to LFG for.
  3. LookHere Active Player

this is true. Why do they keep increasing the CR of the starting round on the old SM?? it suppose to be endless and plus the people that haven't done the old one at the old CR level needs a chance too. wth are you dev trying to do to us??? If you design something for elite players only then where is the something for the non elite people?? Not everyone has a good league or in a good league. most of us are pugging our butt off. So Please give us a BREAK will ya?
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Survival Mode is helping keep people engaged, not toxic in the slightest. Blame the developers poor progression system for problems like this, not Survival Mode.

If there were no loot locks, I'd run raid content daily, probably. But I'm not paying 87 Replay Badges for a chance at the best gear nor am I running the raids for free without reward. I'm sure many others are in a similar position to me.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I haven't tried this survival mode yet - but I really want to. The issue is that finding a group is rare - and then finding a group that wants to start from round 1 - not round 5, 9, 11 etc.

Of all the Survival Modes Trigon's Prison piques my interest the most, because imo the base items and style drops are very cool in comparison to other survival modes (perhaps due to my toons having demonic or dark magical elements (and as such with their respective bases).

I always feel like if you don't get into a group for Survival Mode in the first two days of it being live then you've missed the train. Hopefully I'm wrong but this is how I feel.

Even worse is if you've been away from the game for a bit and need to catch up on gear, then you have trying to do Blackest Day Elite or The Demon's Plan (Normal/Elite) alert and finding groups for those.

I just have to have fingers crossed that a decent group will crop up on LFG asking for roles for SM from round 1.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The other interesting thing with this survival mode is that it will fall into two halves. The half before episode 20 and the half after (as this SM continues until January 24, and episode 20 will likely be released a couple weeks before going by the release pattern). This would mean earlier rounds might end up somewhat easier and players progress further.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, but that's the players choice, if they want to run SM, then that's their choice.

You don't really have an excuse to complain about players not really wanting to run what they don't want to run, right.
    • Like x 4
  8. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

What about the ones who are 148cr with 242sp? Not much progressing left to do, bruh.

I look forward to every SM not only because progression becomes almost a standstill, but also because it's a break from the normal hear grind the game has become.
    • Like x 1
  9. Simon Phoenix Active Player

Selfish?weren't u the shouting for hours that u would tank and heal if resested?

The ppl that play this game kill me sometimes lol
    • Like x 2
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

Pfft, all raids and alerts, even the elite ones are designed for the pugs, the elite players don't take more than 10 minutes in a DP run.
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, i got to round 9 2 times with PUG group, the 2nd one had 0 wipes.
    This is SM rounds 1-9 are really easy, looking at the 2014 ones.
    And about the BD/DP, you are right, devs need to do something about this before more players start quiting, pvp fix can help holding players but not forever.
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

This.
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

SM needs to be held until the end of a 3 month cycle. They could use it to extend the time between the end of a cycle abs the start of a new one.
    • Like x 2
  14. TestReporter Loyal Player

At the same time i like it, i hate it.
    There will be a lot of cry babies in the forums talking crap because SM is holding their content, and that would make everyone to run only SM, because they are fully geared.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah i would probably tend to agree, I believe oan was launched end of september, ended end of october, which means there's only really been a month since that finished.

It's probably too quick. one every 3 months I think is probably sufficient, even if it hangs around a little longer for say 6 weeks.
  16. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah, I tend to think the one underlying flaw this game has is that it's progression system and its reward system are one and the same.

Take Neverwinter for example, yes they do have loot locks in terms of requiring dungeon keys to collect loot... However you don't need the loot to still earn XP from running the content.

If we are to "Fix" the game perhaps it's time to go back to the levelup system where we earn XP from completing content which raises our CR/Level and just have gear that raises our stats ever so slightly... which requires a certain CR to be worn. (Then we can make it all trade-able because progression would no longer be linked to gear...)
    • Like x 1
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yep he did that for week every hour. He would only run if reseted
  18. krytine Loyal Player

What do you mean maybe 5he will focus on raids again. 2 out of three months devs release raids. Yes there is a lot of things going on but I still preferred the same month cycle. It was m9re enjoyable more relaxed 5o play sm was always the final month and if sm wasn't for you you did more feat hunting
  19. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

They releases raids with inferior gear drops vs duo and alert get drops
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

Raids will always have the best gear, it's been like that for a long time.
    We need best gear in vendor, with symbols sytem, increased number of MOV to get gear and Elite raid having better afinnities.