A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

But we won't be able to use pyro right? I mean our 6th slot is likely going to be Invis, so well be putting Menace in that loadout.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fun. I don't use Invisibility at all, but I use Grandeur religiously...
  3. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Any updates on the new power regen and damage potential? it feels like we are getting nerfed....
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Currently the numbers on test are actually too high.

Just remember that for the old balancing points the "melee" baseline was 30k and after mid-range, which is what the old "melee" was, should be 30k and melee will be 35.5k. Also, Mental's old range tests were getting a little above 22k, so the change to 25.5k will also be a buff.

Just about everything about it is a buff. MId-range is getting the same damage, but it is extended to 13m, melee range will give more damage potential, and full-range is getting buffed, that is assuming that it gets adjusted to the targets for damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Well, Merry Christmas to me...
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well Damn All these changes Guess my Current Loadout is ld News then. Hmmm Anyone got a Beast Loadout to share :p
  7. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Thanks for the response....Any opinions on the power regen? I really enjoyed battle trolling with mental in and out of dps stance.
  8. DivineSire Dedicated Player

- Potential removal and replacement of Reflect Pain in a later update

No!! Where do I go to fight to keep it??
  9. HeBeGeBes New Player

Good share. Thanks Greenman.
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

In the testing feedback forum. Curious as to why you'd want to? It's useless in PVP and PVE currently.
  11. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Nothing on power regen? Man Tunso really screwed up this powerset.

I liked when it was DOT focused when the game first came out...not it's just AM, AM, AM boring

Situational DPS is almost extinct
  12. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Because it was a day one power and was awesome in PvP untill it got hella nerfed.

Just because Tunso nerfed it does not mean it needs to go away. He should fix it so it can be more applicable.

Mental was way better before they started tweaking it.

very irritating
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

All shields in PVP did too and they've given no indication that it would return to how it was before, making it useless in that arena (the only place it was usable before) and a waste of a power. I'd rather it go away and replaced

Totally agree that Mental was better before though.
  14. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

They are reducing damage in PvP considerably so shields may be relevant once again according to the latest notes.

I am a little disappointed to see a sever lack of testing of mental in their test thread... i know Tunsi doesn't look at this one
  15. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Tunso said: "We're not talking about live in this thread. What loadout/rotation are you using on Test server that includes Menace and where swapping out to Pyro would not be a better option? The only one I could imagine would be a situational single-target loadout, which is fair but generally if it's not AOE, it's considered "useless" by the community at large."

This proves how clueless he is. I would LOVE a viable single target option. The previous Mental builds had the capability to deal AOE and single target damage.

SITUATIONAL DPS TUNSO. Some players enjoy a challenge and thought process while dealing damage with RISK vs REWARD opportunities and calculations.

I remember knowing the EXACT time duration of each DOT and when to refresh them while mixing in hilacious AOE damage to adds as I was melting the boss.

those were the days

WM and AM took that possibility away

Shame on him!

He has no pulse on what the community wants.

I just hope that the power regen hasn't be screwed up also in the AM...
  16. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Any data on Terrorize 35% improvements? Is it worth disrupting the AM over yet?
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't know if that's fair. He has added several things based on community feedback and I don't even know if that conversation matters and I'm the one who started it.

The first time around Mental was butchered, our questions and concerns seemed to fall by the wayside, this time he's giving a real effort.

Power regen is just regen, no more direct power return. Haven't been able to test as much as I've wanted to.
    • Like x 1
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Not sure, difficult to test 35%ers. I'd be inclined to say no unless you hide it in invisibility because you don't touch it for the majority of a fight.
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Shields as a whole only absorb 25-35% (feel free to correct me here) of damage. Reducing damage out won't impact that much. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you have to target an enemy for it to reflect damage. It was mostly a 1v1 power.

Mental just doesn't have much of a following on PC, so getting it tested is rough. All indications are that it is slightly above where the goal is. I've been trying, but my laptop physically can't keep up with some things (like clipping out of invisibility) making it too difficult for me to test properly.
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

It is 25%, and actually shields are less useful now that damage is reduced.

The more damage is done, the more damage is mitigated by the 25% from shields. Even with one shots, shields were rarely, if ever, hitting their mitigation caps, so with lower damage shields will also be mitigating less damage. Considering Reflect Pain is a shield whose offensive part is dependent on taking damage, the damage nerf weakens it even more than other shields.