Dev Discussion Episode 18: "Blackest Day" (+ Elite) Operation Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Nice, couple of other vids being added now. I went back and closely looked at mine. Really looks like a triple tick. I could see a few times, where there was actually 3 reds in succession over my head. Sorry I didn't have the live combat log up (I stream live and that's an archive)
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Corruptor now seems to break out after a few seconds then is immune for a while before he can be stunned again. The worst part of this fight seems to be that players need to be doing long range interrupts constantly on BH, Corruptor and Lifetaker because stuns are not enough.
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

This was being done a while ago. What we have now is actually an already nerfed version of it as you can stun the Corruptor a bit longer than before they reverted the perma-stun option back to a stun-over-part-time. The perma-stun was quite nice (and imo a controller support solution that was equal to Love & War) but not intended as it seemed and reverted to a version where the Corruptor breaks out to perform his pull and corruption effect.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I realize it was a correction to an over-nerf; we were not hoping for the perma stun in L&W. I just don't feel its ability to be controlled, its attacks and its health are balanced in the overall fight. It's almost like you need a 3rd tank just to pull out and constantly stun and lunge the Corruptor which seems a bit ridiculous. It's bad enough that BH two-shots tanks to begin with, unless this was just intended to make the fight near impossible at current CR.
  5. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Or A&B... but in any case, I wouldn't mind so much if the fatal corruption wasn't ticking like it is. I mean, that thing was bringing the red border on my screen with just the corruption ticks. On an ice toon that's rotating shields. That is just a little "too" much.
  6. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Just a exemple of how the fatal corruption is bug in elite ( i can have 3 - 4 -5 <i got 5 one time it was one shoot :p> fatal in same time^^).

After i don't know if its normal or bug but the add give me the fatal corruption when they are alive ( you can see on the first screenshot ) the Lifetaker fatal corruption attack. I have saw the abolisher and 1 other doing the same, one time we did not have kill add for try and they give me fatal corruption.

Sorry for my bad english^^.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

i've notice multiple ticks in regular bd as well
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

Fatal corruption dot seems to be a bit excessive in elite. I saw numbers in the 30k that knocked me out. Does it continue to stack even after you die. i.e if you get it once, die, then get it again does that count as 2 people getting it?
    • Like x 1
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Triple DoT is fun. Luckily there was a bit time in between the 1st and the double package of number 2 and 3.
  10. JackFrost Developer

Hey all, thanks for the reports, videos, and passion! I watched some videos and looked into the reports of multiple stacks of Fatal Corruption, and managed to reproduce the issue locally, which gave me the information I needed. I believe I've got a fix for it, and the issue should be resolved in the next hotfix. As for the damage of Fatal Corruption, it's possible that if you got multiple stacks in a short time, it would cause the damage to ratchet up on each stack, which was not the intent.

Additionally, the Black Lantern Corruptor will be able to be locked down for a few more seconds after he arrives in the Elite version of the Operation. It should be a challenge, but not impossible to burn him down before he regains his ability to break out of crowd control.

Once again, thanks for the replies and assistance in tracking down this issue!
    • Like x 7
  11. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Awesomesauce. I'm just going to jump in here.. and mention, since I saw it today, that corruption can hit multiples in regular BD as well, as someone else has noted. It's not only elite. Combat log from a run earlier. While the damage wasn't as 'big' as the video I posted before, I was in DPS, and got rekt by it eventually heh.

[IMG]
  12. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Has anyone gotten the second part of the no-death feat for this raid? Was able to get the first part done. Wondering if anyone had any tips for the second part.
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

All rights reserved to Elusian.
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

I know this is kinda late but what bugged me whenever I see the sequence with Lyssa Drak and Nekron:

Why is the book so poorly rendered? Lacks sharp textures imo.
  15. zCaution Well-Known Player

USPS Entitled
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.