Officiall Hard Light Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Green Lantern Fadi, Nov 20, 2015.

1. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Official? *looks for green name* [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Lmaoooo
  3. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

As a longtime Earth and Celestial player, trust me I know the feeling. I was just letting most of the people asking for Light buffs to know that it's update is not as far away as they think. Assuming the Devs don't change their current balancing plans.
    • Like x 2
  4. Benn 10 Committed Player

Lol
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hopefully
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It wasn't just that, but GU 51 which was supposed to BUFF HL, Nature, and Electric.
    The Devs were too busy at that time, and blaming the testers for that mishap didn't exactly help their case.

The only thing I'll say is.
    Please Smooth out the Melee Rotation, When comboing from Light claws, to Baseball bat, chain saw, boxing, etc, it feels really clunky especially when compared to the fluid ranged rotation.
    • Like x 2
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

While I understand your point, I've never been in a group that's said to the HL "oh you're HL, g.t.f.o". Might be different on a volatile server like usps idk.

That doesn't change the point I raised about the OP switching to what he considers fotm and then using that power in his case argument about the power he gave up on.
    My main heal is Electricity and my main tank is Earth and they have been for years regardless of stigma & and I always pull my weight when dpsing with them even if I don't top the scoreboard.

HL will be getting it's 2nd round update soon. I hope you guys are going to be on test providing valid feedback.
  8. majosea Dedicated Player

I would like to see the ground move that sinestro use is war of light part 2 solo . added to hard light for troller mode
    and I would like to see [IMG] recolored and to to rage for tank mode ,
    • Like x 1
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm usps heroside and no one has ever kicked a hardlight dps out of a group I've been in

But tbere aren't any hardlight dps really ...

Why?

Reason is most people who are hardlight when it was op were simply hard light cause it was op... They moved on when the powerset lost its op fotm title.. The ones who are still there actually are loyal to the power set and enjoy it through its faults ....

(I realize not everyone left the power set after it lost all its jump cancelin goodness so if you (General you) aren't the type to have abandoned hard light then the above statement doesn't apply to you and should not be offended by what I have wrote)
  10. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

If the " kick " didn't happen with you , it doesn't mean it didn't happen somewhere els . Trust me it happened to me and I have seen it my self , without even giving a chance , they kick right a way .

I loved HL and I don't like troll so I had to switch or I could never go in a raid
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Back when DPS took actual skill there was never anything wrong with fire and ice, just very few knew how to get the most out of them. Hell, fire was an absolute beast back in 2011/12 and i'v seen some ridiculously good ice players in my time, pre AM.
    • Like x 1
  12. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Please tell us more lol. I bet your friends are so beast, we should all learn from them.
    • Like x 2
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Okay soo like I'm soo quoting this out of the order I wanted to do my whole spiel but I literally forgot the order I wanted to start it... so I'm starting here :p

I don't really see the need to rally for hardlight because I know it's going to get fixed. I've also seen far more electric users rallying for their fix (which I think will come after hardlight, poor electric users). You are right that it can't truly compete damage wise and that's mainly because the CR differential created in UP 47 enhanced might users over precision users.. you add that to the fact that HL's AM has a buildup... well anyone HL is going to lose in a burst scenario... which is like what 75% (if not more) of the content).

I get your frustrated and I am too, even if I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's just because all this time were spending on balancing could be used for other things.

I also hope when they give HL it's treatment that it is done like Celestial and you really can see the damage in troll stance. If that's the case I might leave my HL character a troll and hybrid because I see the potential that could exist..
    • Like x 1
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

Everyone who knows me knows I love HL and only play this game so I can play as a GL so I'm obviously biased but what bothers me is the Lantern power is one of the epic powers is DC Lore and seeing how its basically just a controller power now is very frustrating.

The DPS portion of HL is so out of wack I don't know where to even begin.
    All the powers are interruptible, with the exception of light blast if you have the empowered channeling mod in your hands, but in DPS role you should be using Max Damage and not empowered channeling so there goes that one

The combo are way way to long, especially the way precision based is now where is what 9 hits and then 6 seconds after the 9 hits where the scaling is supposed to be ramping up.....Good luck with that in running a duo especially Flash or Demons Pit.

The Mele AM is absolutely ridiculous of how long it takes to get a combo off to a next power. ...5x with Chainsaw ?? 4x with swing , 4x with Boxing Gloves ?? Really ?? 4x with a elongated power animation that is very easily interruptible

Compare it with Rage where the most popular Mele combo is using Outrage 2x to E-Cain 2x is very fast and fluid...
    Why can't HL be that fluid at least ?? Why is it so long and clunky...

With Rage you can go Gailing Eruption to Blood Lust to Outrage 2x to E-Cain 2x before a HL toon can finish Chainsaw 5x and/or Light Claws 2x to Swing 4x and this is to no fault of the players ability, its the power animation that is so long.

Even with a fast Range AM combo going Chompers clip to Inspiration to Fan, Mini Gun the precision ticks are so low 3-4k compared to even Rage's range of spamming Blood Lust to D-Blast where its what 7-8k ?

I can keep going on and on but I absolutely love the Controller side, and I love the animation of the power but the DPS side is so bad at the moment its why I chuckle when I see folks who are Ice, Earth, Qaunt saying the Flash and Demon Pit duos are so easy they can be soloed....lol
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The recent changes should have been around GU 47. Terrawing was once again HL (had to practice on her to make sure Kylie could do okay) and that's when I truly saw the downward spiral. I also feel your on the money with the fact that HL plays like an active dot class because their AM requires build up and than their buff actually works against the AM as well (because using inspiration breaks the chain thus making you build up again) which is somethign the other two dot classes don't have.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Hmm I think your numbers are a bit off, as far as DPS goes.

Celestial balanced for the most part.

Atomic balanced for the most part (the tray seems to do better in most cases than the the combos but were just talking about power to power here).

Quantum balanced for the most part (folks are having the same issue that ice players will have soon... their damage got adjusted so they no longer get melee damage at melee.. the numbers for the most part seem balanced at the 126 spec).

Gadgets should be fine once fix what is currently on test (and they already explained the reasons why gadgets became more complicated than they had first forseen).

Fire balanced for the most part, the changes to Flame Cascade have helped a lot and made up for what it was lacking.

Ice not balanced but still superior due to getting melee damage at mid range will be on the balancing board soon.

Earth and Sorcery pets are still hitting a bit too hard but again both powers are getting melee damage at midrange.. will be on the balance board some time around the weapon balancing since both powers need weapons in order to make up their damage.

Mental is not balanced because they are getting melee damage at midrange but will be on the balancing board soon enough.

That leaves five powers that truly need the fixes and not all are in the same stages.

Rage melee damage is fine it's the range damage that needs to be balanced.

Light damage needs to find a way to tweak the AM because due to the nature of how it works get punished by using it (having to skip self buff, with regards to melee getting countered truly punishes their AM as well.

Munitions I'm going to be honest I have two toons of this powerset think its incredibly fun but because they arent mains I can't tell you whether its the range, melee or what needs to be buffed... I just know it needs tweaking.

Nature and Electric both need adjustments but will have to wait for weapon adjustments before they can figure out whats what.

From where I stand were well on are way to getting balanced... it's just a frustrating trip
  17. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Why are you laughing at your own... I want to say jokes? Who is 'us'? Who mentioned friends? Who is 'we'? What exactly can todays AM spam learn from old school DPSing? What is the point of your post? What kind of moron would like it? Is there a ridiculous post of the week tournament I dont know about that you're trying to win? Or are you just being deliberately provocative for no reason at all?
  18. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Why even reply?
  19. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Because any attempt at a response should be hilarious. Forgot to say 'who mentioned beasts?' But we can't always be perfect :)
  20. MrB Dedicated Player

I just want to be helpful.