Dev Discussion Episode 18: "Blackest Day" (+ Elite) Operation Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Nope, there aren't 4 adds in that fight. It's only ever one (though it's not necessarily MK-1). ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I believe it is at 50% health but also with a timer, whichever comes first. And the trick is to stay away from the book. It spawns and then you have a short time to move away before it opens. There's a feat if no one is killed by the Book.
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

Thank you good sir.
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

Beat first and second boss yesterday. Last boss keeps one shotting me as the tank. It looks like light blast that he hits me with. I read the combat log but forget what it was called. Hits for 30k each. Once I figure this one out and how to avoid it this boss is going down.

Anyone know how to avoid the fatal corruption? It looks like he just summons it and it goes for a member of the group.
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

I actually found it funny how the feat works after we figured it out. Fk I hate maths! Even if its just X-1=4 :p
  6. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Anyone got Undying feat yet ? Is it, We can't die once we're corrupted or we can't die at all ?
  7. S3bring New Player

So how do you avoid the fatal corruption? From what I see it follows you around, doesn't de spawn, can't be targeted or killed, when it finally goes off puts the corruption on the whole raid.

Anyone figure out who it can be avoided?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

This raid is way more enjoyable than Unholy Matrimony. To me, it's way more mechanic driven.

I will admit, when I saw the puzzle room, I kind of freaked. lol I was like, not again. It wasn't that bad. I really liked the Lyssa Drak room's mechanic, though I gotta ask, please adjust the effects of the book's aura. The range on it is massive, but half my league couldn't see where it was.
  9. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Is there a way to remove fatal corruption during lb elite? Other than dying?
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

We had the isse on Qward with adds and the doors again. One add on the very first door was behind it and we couldnt progress. Pretty much the same issue that should have been fixed with the hotfix from the 6th november.
  11. Leet Active Player

So what exactly does the X-1=4 apply to?
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

MK 5 - 1 = MK 4. It really depends on where you kill the MK
  13. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

After the hotfix two nights ago the drop rate in elite has been REALLY nerfed badly.

First day I did Elite like 3-4 times and got two elite drops.
    Yesterday and today I have done Elite like 6-7 times, no elite drop.

Dear devs, its Elite, its QUITE tough to kill the boss, it requires the Blackest Day raid to be done first and then we have to wait till next week or reset to do Elite which is costing us time or money, making drops SO difficult is killing our morale absolutely.
    Paying for a reset to end getting a drop is a choice, but paying for a reset to get nothing is absurd and many people is getting fed up and growing tired.
    Those nerfs are not helping anybody, let people reset and get what they are paying for if they deserve it, nerfing the drops is just making evident you are not looking for our satisfaction but for our money, and it might work in short term and make you earn good profit, but on middle or long term you will end losing your player base population.

Im not quitting, Im just trying to let you know what probably you already know, nerfing drop rates and making them ULTRA rare wont work for anybody.

Hope you reconsider this and put the drop rates as they were on the launching day.

Thanks.
  14. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Minor issue, the Elite: Do not go gentle into that black night feat name is scrolling and not the desciption so I have no idea what we're supposed to accomplish there
  15. Mystere Well-Known Player

Fatal Corruption on Elite - I see two ways dots come:

1. The skull from Black Hand and the dark cloud that comes out.
    2. When adds die they look like they have a proximity dot.

I have been tanking adds and if I get near one of the dead adds it looks like I get the dot but the dot stays with me the entire time until die. I know my team doesn't quite understand the fatal corruption mechanic yet but I wanted to share what we have been seeing so far. If anyone else understands the mechanic please let me know ;)
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

It's the no death feat. Seperated into Ranx and Qward section allowing you to have one member in your team die in one section but not in the other will still progress you on the section you havent count a death in the raid.
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Every unnecessary teleport risks another Disconnect or linkdead situation. This should be avoided. Also we still had an issue where we could not get to last boss on reg due to adds behind a gate on Qward.
  18. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report, and apologies for that. I added a failsafe based on the particular door shown in the previous poster's screenshot. But I'm investigating further, since it's clearly not an issue related specifically to that location as you're reporting it happened at the first door.

Do you recall---did your group fight some Black Lanterns, and then the door didn't open? Or did you go into that room, and not have any enemies? Also, do you happen to recall seeing a downed Sinestro Corps ally---perhaps one that became a Black Lantern? I may have identified the issue, and am working on it, but any additional information would be helpful. Thanks again!
  19. JackFrost Developer

I will say that the dark cloud that Black Hand creates with the 'skull' chevron does not give the Fatal Corruption.
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

In my instance w BD reg we fought adds soon after we got there, many of us died and upon returning we were locked out at the first gate past the first set of adds. At least 2 and maybe more adds were behind the gate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.