What are 5 things that YOU would do that would improve the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Outside of UI because that is too easy. So beside name UI (if you want to do a top 10 then be all means add UI there lol).

DC Nation if you could sit with the Dev's in a meeting and they asked you personally how would you go about improving the game (besides UI) what would you top 5 be.?
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

nothing were not developers it's not our job to improve the game. i don't get paid to do that, But we can suggest things but then again
    Been here for awhile devs gonna do what devs want to do.
  3. Leafy Committed Player

give me mepps power ...... lol jk if anything I would say PvP
  4. Dakota Leon Active Player

Main thing for me are the Central City bounties spawn... I wish each individual bounty acted like the mist bounties :/
    • Like x 2
  5. kav Committed Player

- Stop listening to the minority (AKA: Forum whiners)
    - Crossplay/Merge every damn server and make use of instances more
    • Like x 2
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I think that's the point of this thread. Thats why she said "If" you could sit and tell the Dev's your top 5 ways. Meaning 5 suggestions of improving the game. Because if you suggest enough it seems it will happen at some point in the future it might not go like you plan but I'm starting to notice things like that.
  7. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

1. Get another developer to help.
    2. Get a 2nd developer to help.
    3. Get a 3rd developer to help.
    4. Get a 4th developer to help.
    5. Get a 5th developer to help.

So we can have more Devs working on the game to cover a widespread of development. So we can have the new UI back in Development; New powers releasing sooner; DPS revamps ending sooner. An to move on too expansions and other aspects that will make the game better overall.
    • Like x 7
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

MP items. Iconic logos, beat gear in vendor allowing better mechanics and harder raids. New aura sale each month. Remove scoreboard. Free try on expert raid when regular is beaten, 1 per week.
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

/endthread
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

1) Remove replay badges
    2) Re-balance loot drop rates/content relevance around zero replay use
    3) Implement a permanent, rotating selection of Booster Bundle-esque loot boxes containing Auras, Legends, Iconic Styles, etc to boost revenue. Without replays, gamblers will need a fix.
    4) Drastically expand the customization possibilities for our characters with Power Color Skins, Elemental Auras, new body types, a 4th color on our gear, custom emblems, stuff like that.
    5) Completely separate PvE and PvP. Implement PvP-specific skill and power trees along with bringing back the RPS aspect of the roles, complete with role-specific gear sets.

Spitballing here. I blame the pain medication.
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmmm JUST 5? lol Okay seriously..

1. Make it possible to use replays to do Central City bounties more than once a day. This is STILL a fairly popular feat and when you can ONLY do each one ONCE a day it can take forever .. and you find yourself earning alternate reward boxes because you have passed the relevancy of the bounties before your done. For 1a. I'd also like to see them come up with specific spawn points for each to cut the time spent trying to find the bounties.. similar to the spawns we get with Police Department bounties. Pick one spot and spawn them there.. enough with this mad search over half a zone trying to locate them.. Hey I spent 20 minutes one day hunting down Heat Wave for an alternate reward box that gave me an Omega Cluster.. REALLY? I can complete the Flash Museum duo in less time walk away with 3 reward drop and a MARK. In short (too late) revamp that set up.. and hey MARKETING I just found a new way for you to sell REPLAYS how terrible an idea is that?

2. Let's expand this new "relevancy window a bit shall we? Okay I get it we don't want a CR 139 joining a SMALLVILLE alert and wiping out everything in sight with weapon blasts and earning enough marks to buy CR 124 gear. But the system now set us up to be doing non-relevant missions to TRY and finish up way to many feats. I have a CR 104 DPS/TANK that still needs to be assigned 3 missions at both ACE Chemical and Stryker's Island just to complete THAT feat and I still have not defeated enough Mbots or Sbot for those along with a ton of others. Just today I finally got the last mission assigned in the wrath area to complete THAT feat.. no where near done with most of the others.. And yet I am 1 combat rating away from all of that becoming irrelevant as I hit 105 and head into the Historic district to do missions there. No I am not saying we need to include everything from t1 - t7 as relevant but can we at least get say T5-T7 , T4-T6, T3-T5 so players can have more time to work on feat AND earn marks to help improve their CR? Hey Marketing.. this could also increase the sale of Replays since there would be more alerts and raids, ect a player could REPLAY.

3. Definitely update the UI.. so many things we could improve there and make the game easier to get around in and faster.

4. Utility belts.. Lets start with the big issue at the moment.. Get those belts back out there that allow 2-3 Trinkets and 1-2 Wildcards. Its another area where you are turning people off by TELLING them what they can put in the belt.. and your MAKING them PAY to even use half the slots. Now while we are on that subject.. either eliminate the rent of utility belt slots completely or switch it from MARKS to just in game cash .. and let's keep that price (if they feel the need to still get rent) reasonable. Right now even though its only 10 marks for two slot for 60 days .. its another thing players see as the DEVS / Daybreak finding ways to slow down their advancement. Old system no one cared as much because we could use MOT to pay that rent and the marks we needed to buy gear were different.. NOW .. every time that rent comes due its 10 marks I needed to but a new chest piece going to keep my utility belt open. Personally I'd do away with the rent completely but at least switch it to CASH.. we all have that building up in our inventory anyway and nothing ticks you off more than having RENT come due and you JUST bought something at the vendor and now cant afford the rent. TRY NOT ticking off the customers we are the ones sort of paying your salaries.

5. And this one is personal .. Update this new monthly content schedule and get back to including Bounties and open world daily missions. Yes I am aware there is an issue with rendering on PS3 systems but some how those same PS3 players managed to get from Level 3-30 (and every single story arc contains 3-4 outdoor missions before a final conflict inside. Starting at CR 53 and continuing all the up to HOP2 we still had these at every tier and a lot of players enjoy them.. They are fast, they can be done daily .. and news flash Marketing aside from those first ones in Central City they could all be repeated more than once a day using replays. Keep the same number of solo challenges, duos, alert and raids so if the PS3 players can't cope with open world they still have ways to advance but get back to giving us more to do that doesn't require a TEAM to accomplish.

Okay like I said I could continue but you asked for five there they are.. let the ranting and moaning begin . :eek:
  12. lokithoz Committed Player

Hire more employees and departments!
    Make a new way of income ( no more replay badges!) Use vanity items instead!
    Implement in the game what player like the most, or appeal them.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

1. Implement Cross Play
    2. Balance Powers
    3. Fix PVP
    4. Add 24 developers to begin work on expansion for 2017
    5. Redesign R&D and gear drops
    • Like x 2
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

1. BEST GEAR IN VENDOR - This solves a ton of issues players have with the game. I know too many people who left the game because they were tired of getting 112 gear from the best content. This loot system funnels us into 1 or 2 pieces of content and forces us to spend replay badges if we want to maximize our character. CR is the end all be all in this game, so having a system that requires us to be lucky or rich to have the best gear is absurd. The best gear should go into the vendor, the marks we get from older content should be reduced by a certain percentage as we increase our level and the 2nd best gear should drop from raids/alerts.

2. Combat system adjustments - More specifically, I want clipping to return as a viable DPS playstyle. Using Sorcery over the past month has made me miss clipping so much. Every powerset should have a viable clipping playstyle instead of being forced to use a 1-2-3-4 AM. I want PIs to mean something again, I want to see multiple viable loadouts again, damage modifiers, etc.

3. More support role mechanics - It seems the only thing they can do is make tank and DPS checks. Healers and controllers are left by the wayside far too often. I never have to debuff a boss to get rid of a shield. I never have to heal or damage debuff anything period. Healers heal the tanks and that's it. Everything is a 1 shot. Tired of that type of content. Nowhere in the game are Controller or healer checks, it's all about how fast you can burn and how good your tanks are at surviving.

4. Removal of lockboxes - We have nothing to spend marks on. I wish that these X-faction styles and omega colas were in a certain vendor so we could purchase them as we chose. There are several villain styles I don't know that I'll ever get because of how rarely I see new styles in lockboxes and really lockboxes in general.

5. More marketplace items - We never see styles in there. Never see unique auras. Never see much for our toons that is really worthwhile. Microtransactions should be funding this game. The only thing that they really seem to push on us are replays and power respec tokens. Put new 52 styles in the MP. X-faction styles. ANYTHING. Generate a profit. I have no issue with using the MP like that.
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

1 challenging content returns.
    2 pvp. Huge draw fun time killer
    3 stop micro transactioning the sub carriers
    4 RETURN CONTROL OF GEAR TO US. VENDOR GEAR = best gear
    5. Reduce the difference in teirs to a way smaller size. I want to run t5 despite being t7 and needing a team
  16. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

Ok,here is my top 5 lol

1) Balance all powers in PVE and PVP
    2) Remove CR scaling
    3) Remove Mark relevancy
    4) Fix the drop rates and loot tables
    5) Put all rare styles in the vendor 22/00
    • Like x 2
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

1) make skill points matter, unless someone has more than me.
    2) elite drops from every boss.
    3) everyone should be fully geared day 1 of episode release.
    4) nerf every power except mine.
    5) make support roles matter, but we're still stacking dps regardless.

:p :p :p
    • Like x 3
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Top gear in vendor
  19. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

1. Balance the powers
    2. Fix the loots
    3. Fix PVP
    4. Get rid of replays
    5. Make skill points matter
    • Like x 1
  20. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I notice a pattern to everyone answers.

1. Re-design all characters and NPC's
    2. Update Graphics to more 2015-16 look instead of that 2010-11 look.
    3. Don't force a play style on everyone if you want us to play our way them make it available.
    4. Introduce bigger open world stories.
    5. Cross play only PS4 and PC. Give the PS3 players an option to run on their system that way it may run smoother for them. Also start separating the platforms now. PS4/PC from PS3 it will hurt a lot less for them later on.
    • Bonus-Pull a page from a Realm Reborn and redo everything from scratch lol. It seems like it would be a lot easier that way....also do what Derio said hire 24 new people....it sounds like it wold be easier than what I listed it is not. So by 2020 "DC Universe Online Reborn....if Heroes and Final Fantasy 14 can do it so can we". Thats the 2020 slogan
    • Like x 1