Work In Progress Introducing Cross Faction PvE!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Cross Faction PvE!

Taskforce X and Suicide Squad are making the jump from PvP to PvE, inviting Heroes and Villains to play together in On Duty Duos, Alerts, and Raids. Playing with more people means your On Duty queues will pop faster, PLUS you will have the chance to see the other side of the story when you play the opposite faction's version of shared content. Here's how it works:
    • Episode content in the On Duty menu that has both Hero and Villain versions will be eligible for Cross Faction PvE
      • Content that is uniquely Hero or Villain will remain unique to the original faction and will not be eligible for Cross Faction PvE
      • Operations are not currently eligible for Cross Faction PvE
    • Players will queue into the content just as they do now, and will be placed into either the Hero or Villain version based on the group's makeup
      • Players will be able to opt-out of Cross Faction (meaning they will not be placed in the opposite faction's instance)
    • Rewards for the content will remain unchanged
      • Heroes will receive Hero loot, and Villains will receive Villain loot
    • Feats with Hero and Villain versions will complete in either instance, regardless of which version of the content you are in
    Note: Cross Faction PvE is specific to the On Duty menu. Heroes and Villains will not be able to form groups outside of the On Duty menu or invite each other directly to instances.

Play versions of content you maybe haven't seen before, with characters you certainly haven't grouped with before in PvE, and see your queues pop even faster with Cross Faction PvE - coming tonight to the PC Test server.
    • Like x 18
  2. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Cool
    • Like x 1
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I'm very excited for this.

One question though about the feats. Currently I have a villain that can't buy some feats from my hero because of the wording in the feat that differs, faction wise. Will this new implementation change that ?
    • Like x 2
  4. Loche Developer

No. :(
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

That's okay. Thanks for the reply :)

Also, is this in the next update or like ... When ? :O
  6. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

So this is ONLY for queuing up huh? I don't even queue up on my own faction LOL much less anyone else's.

Still a small step forward.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Timing will be based on how testing goes.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

As a hero is there anyway that we can purposely queue for the villain version to see the other side or will this just be random if we get hero or villain versions?
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Will there be an option for Talking in Lfg or some kinda other chat With Villains/Heroes So we don't have to wait on a que and just be able to pug with Crossfaction pve?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can't - it works just like PvP, where you can end up on the other side or not just based on who is queueing when.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have plans at this time to extend cross faction PvE beyond the queue system.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think they should allow us to group with the opposite faction and combine LFG chats too, might as well give the whole package. All in all though this is still very much needed for lower tier content and will help fill the gaps till crossplay.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well okay :(. But i am looking forward to it :D it's Villain/Hero Time :cool:
  14. Patm82 Well-Known Player

BOOO i don't want to be teamed up with a Slimy Villian!! :mad:
  15. Patm82 Well-Known Player

16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:eek: Don't have to yet, Not Crossplay Yet... Crossque :D
  17. Patm82 Well-Known Player

villians are slimy! :D
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Were suppose to be an evil, But seems like Hero side is the evil ones
    • Like x 4
  19. megamanexe Committed Player

can you please update this part? for both PVP and PVE
    • Players will be able to opt-out of Cross Faction (meaning they will not be placed in the opposite faction's instance)

Opting out should mean that you opt out COMPLETELY. I don't want to join the heroes and i don't want them on my side either. Please fix this or add a super opt out option.
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

If your only comment is 'heroes suck', 'villains suck', 'I don't even queue my own faction', then why bother commenting at all?

I play both factions and pug queue anything that is not the latest content, but I do pug lfg the latest because at least you know what roles you are running with.

Both factions are identical, apart from the fact that you get more immaturity on the hero side due to the bigger population. The ratio of decent players to painful players is the same, only magnified by headcount.

I'm looking forward to suicide squad pve. I will be able to play with a greater cross section of the community, and may be able to teach others, or learn new tricks.

Bring it on!
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.