Celestial needs to heal back the damage dealt faster.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I've noticed when a Healer uses Malediction to Benediction there's a long wait time for that damage to be converted into heals.

Rage almost immediately heals back damage received and Celestial needs to be a lot like this. This also brings concerns to wait time and weapon attacks because using it as is restricts the use of some weapons like:

Brawling: Ranged attacks are quick but small.

Shield: It takes a while to build up to that Ranged Weapon Mastery.

Martial Arts: Same as Shield.

Hand Blasters: This one is reasonable as the ranged attacks are higher in damage and grow as the user continues to range.

Also, while the Malediction to Benedction combo is active and 'buffering' those heals, the heals usually come back in larger chunks as if the purpose was to save up those heals and give them back as larger heals but a series of immediate HoT's would seem wiser.

Celestial is very versatile, so if you don't use the Malediction to Benediction combo, let me know and post what you use instead. I would love to experiment :)
  2. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

There's many things you can use instead of McB.

For what you're looking for, BcM would be a better fit to your playstyle.
    same mechanic as McB, but in HoT form.
    • Like x 1
  3. megamanexe Committed Player

when you say rage heals do you mean from remorseful recovery or from the rage mechanic? if you're going to compare celestial to rage you should compare the former as they work the same way.
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Remorseful Recovery seems to work similar to Malediction to Benediction (All damage dealt in a specific and quite random period of time is returned as heals). The Rage Mechanic seems to heal back almost immediately but there's still room for a one shot death.
  5. megamanexe Committed Player

then what's the problem? they're both the same..you can't compare rage mechanic because it's something completely different.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

All healer powers can use a boost from healing received in PvP imo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

If the recovery wasn't that fast rage would be useless as it would be taking more damage than it can recover in a reasonable amount of time. It is alway a self heal and not for a group. A group heal like that would be broken as hell.
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

In what ways am I making this incomprehensible?

I am saying Malediction to Benediction should heal as quickly as the Rage Mechanic. I'm not saying make it like the rage because there's rage crash, duh. I'm say the Celestial combo should heal as quickly. As quickly. As quickly. As quickly.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Thank you! I'm gonna try this out :)
  10. megamanexe Committed Player

no it shouldn't. they're completely different mechanics. the other mechanic that celestial shares with rage behave the same way..you're asking for something that doesn't make sense. doesn't make sense. doesn't make sense.
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Why don't you explain the difference in the mechanics between Remorseful Recovery and McB, then. Saying "they're different mechanics" is clearly not enough to satisfy. I haven't played Rage, and I can't figure it out from what you said, because there isn't enough detail. I'm curious.

Having played Atrocitus in Legends, the heal back seems quite slow, just like McB. My understanding with Rage tanks, again, not having ever played Rage, is that it works like Fire's Eternal supercharge, or Sorcery healer's Bad Karma. They build up some sort of PI, then damage inflicted starts getting healed back. I'm guessing there's some sort of ability like Atrocitus' that turns precision into heals.
  12. megamanexe Committed Player

well your first mistake is that you're expecting an explanation for something i didn't say. i said remorseful recovery and celestials McB are very similar if not the same. they heal you back based on the weapon damage you do. what's different is rage's "rage mode" that you get from relentless anger and severe punishment(not sure if that's the name). they heal your damage instantly but then you get it all back again later. it's not fair to expect celestial to heal as quickly as this second method because they wouldn't be risking the "get all that damage back" factor. it works just as fine as the other method (RR) so op really has no good reason to complain.
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thank you. That was helpful. Well, minus the "first mistake" bit.
  14. megamanexe Committed Player

you were misquoting me and i wanted to make it clear right away...how is that not helpful?
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Rage heals are damage inputs. If something hits the Tank for 16k, 16k is healed back one second later.

Celestial heals are damage outputs. If a Healer hits something for 6k, 6k in heals is given to the group BUT, it's not as fast as Rage. I was just comparing it to Rage as how fast it should be, given Celestial is a Healing Power that does damage to Heal. But if the heals are slow, it makes healing harder.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Because I left out the "completely?"

I wasn't quoting you to argue. I was quoting to say I didn't understand. You provided what I was looking for. You were helpful. Thank you.
  17. Pults Loyal Player

Except nature.
  18. megamanexe Committed Player

rage has two heals. one from the rage mode which is the one you're talking about, and another one which is based on damage outputs..just like celestial. the same mechanics are the same speed.
    • Like x 1
  19. megamanexe Committed Player

no because you asked me to explain the difference between RR and celestial but i was saying they aren't different. what's different is the rage mode, which i explained after. im sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to argue. i just dont want anyone to get the wrong idea. love u :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Mcb and bcm work entirely different as bcm heals based off the damage of that single combo as Mcb heals based off all precision damage.

Remorseless recovery and Mcb work identically in support roles as they both convert a percentage of damage into heals that tic once every 2 seconds. Both moves are capped by restoration as well and this is important as it makes Mcb superior to an extent as a healer will have more resto than a tank. By capped I mean that if you do damage equal to 10000 heals but only have 5000 restoration you will only heal 5000 and the rest will be wasted.

To the OP, I agree it tics slowly but it shouldn't be your only hot out at a time. Sometimes I use a 4 hot loadout and there is nonstop heals going in. Wotp/cs - dl(or sc) - bl - a/b - m/b - cs/wotp
    This is a good setup for some situations but no matter what you choose you should never rely on Mcb alone. It should not be as quick as rage either as they have 2 hot moves, though rage mode isn't really a hot, while we have 7 or more including SC and combos.

All hots I can think of:
    Consume soul
    Wrath of the presence / consume soul
    Admonish / blight
    Divine light(burst/hot)
    Malediction / benediction(reverse)
    Renew / curse then add death
    Cursed idol
    Guardians light is hot followed by burst

Regardless we have muuuuch more to fill the gaps than rage even though some of that may not even be considered hots by everyone, we definitely have 4 very solids ones and enough burst to throw in there as well.