Are Atomic and Water Powers the last powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

You have to factor in optimization. The consoles can get away with being less powerful but run games at medium end because all they are tasked to do is run video games. Not only that when games are being made they know what hardware they are being run on and are optimized for specific pieces of hardware. PC operating system on the other hand already Eat up resources for other things gaming unrelated. Many people also have very different specs on their machine and games made on PC have to account for the wide variety set ups. So while the PCs are factually more powerful, console games tend to be better optimized allowing you to run games in a way they wouldn't be able to be run if you were running purely off of specs as if they were PCs. This is why a game like Dark Souls ran poor on PC when it was running on pcs with better specs.

Neither PS4 nor the eventual XBOX One are holding this game back as their specs far exceed the required specifications. Saying that to be true is simply asinine. Consoles being more popular and the variety of specs on PCs are what are holding PC games from reaching their full potential.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

it's not an exaggeration to call the PS3 fossilized or an obsolete piece of junk, that is simply what the system is period.. you can choose to accept that and upgrade, especially moreso if you're financially capable of doing so, because the more people that upgrade the quicker this game will be able to move on.

I''m not being arrogant at all I'm simply stating cold hard facts
  3. Tannen Committed Player

Why don't you look at what fossilized actually means, and how many years it takes for anything to do that, and come back and claim you aren't exaggerating again. Stop with the propaganda. You can also stop with the assumptions. I have upgraded, and I own both a PS4 and a PC that is much better than a PS3.
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Something I just read when looking that up: "platic cannot fossilise, fossilasation can only occurr with organic material, plastic would eventually just break down and decay. "
    • Like x 1
  5. Lionxoft Committed Player

I could have been misunderstood but I don't think that anyone said that PS4 was holding DCUO back. I actually think the PS4 is a reasonable choice to play DCUO on however I do think that the PS3 is a piece of garbage. Also, the previous comments were made for the industry as a whole. There will be exceptions of course.

The point you made about ports to PC being bad is due to the developers being amateur or rushed with the port. It has absolutely nothing to do with the differences in hardware. Also, quadruple the power makes the argument moot.

Just to put this into perspective. I run DCUO at a better and consistent framerate than the PS3 counterpart on my handheld tablet even.
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Nope.

A Lantern Healer will be the last power.........

(ducks behind his furniture)
    • Like x 1
  7. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I hope there never is a last power I hope they go on as long as possible.
  8. Ken Spartan Committed Player

The Dc Universe has a **** ton of powers, but the simpletons of the game will try to mix powers together if they remotely resemble one another, or an iconic.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

My second thought was referring to someone else earlier in the thread lol .

But to your point about your tablet:

It is more powerful that the ps3. Its power out ways any optimization. My comments speak towards the minimum requirements of pc games being greater than the specs of consoles most of the time. That speaks to the ability to optimize on consoles because hardware does not change. That is a luxury PC games development does not have.

The new Amazon fire tv could run dc universe better than a ps3. It has better specs that the Wii U lol .
  10. HarryHell Well-Known Player

A PC containing windows run more background software, ergo to meet minimum requirement it does require "more" in this case slightly better hardware (for min required optimimalization), everyone that knows hardwarevs software knows this, ofc u can go around some of the "problem" by shutting down most of the uneeded background running software or using a simplified (ala Linux) operating system.

I never said I read the whole thing, but what i quoted through a copy paste from the article is BS, look it up. I'm not saying entire article is BS i said it contains it.

Wiki does not require fact checks, in other words doesnt have to be true, in this case with the specs posted, its a pure up lie. Read what the specs are, then look up a ps4, article says: that match or exeed every aspect of a PS4 or XB1, the specs posted do not. I do not have English as my first language, and though i understand ur "big words" i do not use them in this case, but as an engineer by trade i would say that if a report or scientific article, this would have been deemed invalid, because it contains non factual statements.
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The PS3 is fine, honestly. Even if they did cut the PS3, they're cutting funds so I really doubt they'd be able to upgrade and expand DCU when they CUT a console and more money from the equation :rolleyes:

The PS3 may have a lot of problems but it's still functional and while it's still functional the Devs will continue to SUPPORT it.

If anyone has a problem with that, take it up with the Devs. It's their choice so stop hating on PS3 users. If anything y'all should be thanking for continuing to Support the game in almost every aspect as a PS4 user. Am I right or am I right?
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

"Yea, your suffering shall exist no longer; it shall be washed away in Atom's Glow, burned from you in the fire of his brilliance."
    -Confessor Cromwell
    • Like x 1
  13. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

The Devs indirectly confirmed another Wave of Powers when they delayed Serums... So yes more powers are coming. At Minimum 1 more, Prolly at least 3 more.
  14. Lionxoft Committed Player

Your argument fell short right there. Also, please. Go ahead and try to edit the aforementioned page. Let me know when your changes are posted.
  15. Lionxoft Committed Player

You're thinking far too conservative as if they would never gain a new customer again. You don't believe that an upgrade due to all the breathing room of cutting PS3 support would bring in new business? The PS3 is a piece of garbage and it needs to be cut out of the equation. I expect to see it discontinued on the PS3 console at or shortly after the time they introduce DCUO to the XBone. That's of course if they do release on the xb one.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

They are the last powers until they create either new space( really hard though) or drop ps3 in 2017.
  17. Owl Devoted Player

According to this 2015 article, PS3 users spend double that of PC users:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._an_astounding_market_for_F2P_on_consoles.php
    It also states that PS4 users spend 3 to 3.5 times as much as PC users.

That makes PS3 customers more valuable than PC users.

Prior to the PS4 launch, PS3 users accounted for 70% of DCUO revenue.
    I doubt the game would still be around if it had not been developed for PS3.
  18. HarryHell Well-Known Player

No my arguement doesnt fall short there, get a clue mister, i have no intention of editing anything, nor do i know if i can, i pointed out non factual statements, nothing more nothing less, you don't seem to comprehend this.
    Please learn about use of sources before you go into an discussion like this.
  19. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Atomic is the last power i'll ever be on DC.
  20. Lionxoft Committed Player

The sources are at the bottom of the "editable wiki" yet you don't know (can't) edit it yourself? Your argument is falling all over my wingtips. Your first argument was that "anyone" could change it yet you can't figure out how to change it yourself. Then you state that it has no citations yet all of it's sources are cited.

Oh and ....

#PCMasterRace Let me know when you can game at a consistent 60fps at 4k resolutions with 4k textures. See you in the 2020's... Maybe. I won't be around waiting on you any longer. ;)