We need Open World, enough with PS3 excuses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Sep 12, 2015.

1. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

If you need to ask that, i suggest go back to school or stay on school or get some reallife leason's smh
  2. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

This cry thread smh
  3. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Yes, I'am, till C,Nova havent put out a an official statement its all guessing and playerbase frustration ps3 and ps4 users.

maybe the ps3 technoloy is old but seen the cloud service or gaming is getting the overhand, i can easliy see that old piece of gear could handle it for a year or 2 or maybe 3.

So yeah this tread is a unusefull cry tread with a lot od rude and igorant people
  4. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Yeah, because of the cross over between PC and possibly X-box 1 wouldn't bring in players when the 12 year old tech is dropped...smh

More players and more money - very dumb comment you made, but whatever!

I'm not and did not tell anyone too go buy a new system - I'm saying the old tech will hinder this game now and in the future!

FACT!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

This is just stupid and I am lmao!

Sorry you are broke and the wife runs the house hold!

Maybe that's why you're broke...

IA ARMY
  6. Commander Coral Well-Known Player

Lol remember when Vengeance and Dawn were outside? I can't tell you how many times I lagged out after Tala/Eclipso went down.
    • Like x 1
  7. |The 3rror Committed Player

tbh half dc community on ps3 alot of them some of them are good just think dc kick ps3 players off the population gone drop a whole lot but bearable half the time people just stand around so :/
    • Like x 1
  8. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

lol you think I'm broke off that lol I never said I was broke my wife makes sure I don't spend like $12,000 on video games alone. There is a reason why I can afford to go to Japan, Paris, Manila, London, New York, LA, and many other cites just on vacation. Just because I said I had to ask my wife for premission dose not constitute as broke either. My household is doing fine if I wanted to buy around 200 people on this forum a PS4 I could and still not even come close to half my pay for a week. I was saying not everyone is rich and not everyone can get a PS4 in a timely fashion either. Maybe that's why your thought process is a tad stupid....well minus the tad.
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

So you want a story idea...well, step right up, my friend.

Through the HoP story line, the New Gods have begun to infiltrate the DC Universe. With every subsequent battle, the world moves closer to oblivion at the hands of the Almighty Darkseid. Brainiac has run innumerable calculations and concluded Darkseid is the only being capable of permanently interfering with his goal of acquiring infinite control of the Universe. Given the odds, Brainiac has postulated a 72% chance of overcoming this interference if he establishes an alliance with Earth's heroes and villains. An uneasy alliance is struck in the interests of defeating a common enemy. Brainiac temporarily releases South Gotham and ceases further assimilations in exchange for assistance to defeat the Darkseid threat. You could develop a whole series of episodes where you and your team battle against Darkseid forces with all the Battle for Earth minions acting as backup.

How's that?
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

even ps4 has issues with large amounts of people in a same area its more that we overload the servers than just a ps3 issue

and personally I love the ideas of open world events like a dev dropping in and everyone trying to find them and things like that as there fun but always crash the servers

but I HATE OPEN WORLD CONTENT as all it does is create GREIFING by other players like the new solo for instance we all spawn together and people just hang out there in pvp gear while your having to wear pve gear to attack the adds.. one solution to this would be to make pvp gear viable in open world or have pve gear just have pvp stats
    • Like x 1
  11. TheFlying Grayson Well-Known Player

uhh, how about AWESOME

maybe 82% chance of success though - otherwise braniac will think of something more evil to do :D
    also though this needs to be a dlc most likely, because new players still need to experience bottle gotham to understand their storylines before this new event happens
  12. akaivy Dedicated Player

I own a ps4.

Just so you know: July 30, 2015, Sony released that it had sold 25.3 million PS4s, so the comparison chart I found is not that far off from that. I'm using the chart because the information was gathered and reported at the same time instead of searching for different articles at different times.

PS4 total worldwide sales: 24.77 million
    PS3 total worldwide sales: 85.83 million

PS3 total North America Sales: 29.18 million
    PS4 total North America sales: 9.37 million

If every PS4 owner was a previous ps3 owner, then there would still be 61.06 million PS3 owners vs. 24.77 PS4. A difference of 36.29 systems.

If every PS4 owner in North America was a previous PS3 owner, then there would still be 19.81 million PS3 owners vis 9.37 PS4. A difference of 10.44 million systems.

Now, If you were running a business, would you cater to the people who owned more of your supported product or the people who own less?
    • Like x 2
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

#InBeforePlayersComplainAboutRehashingOldContent ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Lmao!

Stupid is letting the wife buy an X-bone...anything you say after that is pure horse pucky...

IA ARMY
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Open world bosses could be a problem for villains. In t4 if you went in with bad burn, and 2 healers and a troll showed up for the swamp thing fight, it was terrible. Or in pvp when a healer snuck in a casted a power on the tank for a debuff.
  16. Chungweishan New Player

[this thread got personal]

I think one of the ways to get around the griefing is create content that does either two things:
    1. An "instance" that is specific to only Heroes or Villains, but an open amount of players of that faction to join at any time.
    2. An "instance" that allows all players of any faction to join, but designed that they cannot fight each other. This would work as the "cross-faction" instance for Chillcat's storyline ideas.

The instances themselves should be somewhat like the core-game's Quests, such as Sub-Avatars, in which the NPCs respawn. However, it shouldn't be like the old "kill X carry Y" type Quest missions. It should concentrate more on having numerous teams completing specific missions/sub-bosses at the time same, successfully completing a mission (beating sub-bosses at the same time) would unlock a boss mission which the teams can all join up and complete together.

The instances should have a cap on population so it doesn't bog down the server. If there are too many players in one instance, then another phase opens up for more players. I'm going to guess a total of 32 should be enough. That allows four Raid teams to separate to different areas of an instance, then work together at the end. Perhaps even 16 total players, which means 4 Alert teams.

The instances should be perpetual, as like Open World cities, so anyone can leave or join at any time without any penalties.

So for example, take the Australia map. All nodes must be captured at the same time, each node defended by a sub-boss/iconic and NPCs. Once the nodes are taken, a super boss appears somewhere in the middle of the map.
    --

Open World, to me, shouldn't just mean a place where factions can fight each other. It should be just another way to play mission without worrying about queuing or LFGing into a team before going into an instance. You join the instance on your own and you make a team within the instance with the other players already there... if you want to.

Just have unique rewards to use when you feel like going back into the normal queuing/LFG instances.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

From a business perspective it would be more in depth than that. You would compare PS3 Legendary numbers compared to PS4 legendary numbers. The amount your PS4 players are spending compared to your PS3 players. If your average PS4 player is spending twice as much than your PS3 player. Last year PS4 produced more than 50% of DCUO profits while PS3 was only a little higher than PC.

Since PS3 is already suffering from rendering issues, and the majority of your paying population is asking for a specific type of content.

The question is do you cater to your most paying group or the least paying group. Even though there are 29 million PS3 consoles that have been sold, doesnt meat that there are 29 million PS3's active. I have 2 PS3's that are in my house that are only used for netflix and will never have DCUO on them. These are factors that cut into PS3 numbers. As well as players who have already tried DCUO on ps3 and did not like it.
  18. Anima Committed Player

how did this make it to 8 pages
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its a mixture of people defending PS3. People saying no to open world content because it hurts the PS3. People saying drop the PS3. And people saying new Open world areas and putting new open world missions in old areas. etc.
  20. akaivy Dedicated Player

Based on your post, PS3 is still higher than PC, so it's still a factor in their income. I don't know where you are getting your dollar amounts from, so I can't argue them.

Regardless, every PS3 owner is a potential Daybreak customer and there are a lot more of them out there than there are PS4's.
    • Like x 2