Cannot be carried through solo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RTHERMITE, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MetalMario Loyal Player

I found that to be a huge improvement on difficulty on my alts for previous solos. Some of them have no dps gear at all and had a much easier time with the solos in full troll or healer or tank gear. I'm sure the role balance has gotten worse, if anything.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sure it will work. And countless people will do it. I am sure hundreds of players will run this solo in tank, troller, or healer role.

The end goal is as long as you are having fun, then its perfectly fine. But if someone comes on the forum and complains about the solo taking them 20+ minutes to complete because they did it as a support role, that really isnt a community problem or a dev problem.

As long as it is fun, people can run it in whatever role they like and take however long they would like, it is a solo after all.
    • Like x 3
  3. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Great,

something I can't mindlessly rotate my Advance Mechanic threw. An have to Block, Counter. Use Soders, Backups, and Supply drops.

Seems fun to me.

I Like!
  4. Stamen Dedicated Player

I thought it was simple. If you did most everything you needed to from the last DLC, you will breeze right through it.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am not concerned with nerfs .. Just completed the alert and I was busy keeping power up but I am pretty sure we only had 2 deaths .. I know we had one LOL it was me (thanks for the quick rez guys). Now the solo is off line now till tomorrow.. apparently it does not always drop a mark???? How did that go unnoticed?

What I am concerned with is the reward boxes.... Already saw posts saying 112 and 116 are dropping in the solo well guess what folks .. completed the alert and all I got was three 112's as well. Funny the mobs have a higher CR and its an alert not a daily mission (with 121 mobs) or a duo(with 131) .. no these guys were 138 and we battled a trio of bosses, Jared, James and evil Raven, but I got the same gear drops I can got doing the Zamaron duo in around 8 minutes? I'm sorry but I have 10 alts at this point, after a quick shopping trip today, that are all between Cr131 and CR 130 and all have a full set of 112 or higher gear in their main role and most are down to a piece or two left before they have the same situation with their secondary role..... I DONT need 112 or 116 I need higher. I seem to recall something being said during the podcast about JUNK gear being 118 or 119? and one of my team mates said the elite drops 123 gear.. so that's it they ONLY way to get better gear from this "episode" is to do the Elite alert?

My question is exactly why should I even bother with the solo? I can get marks faster and easier doing the three duos and just BUY the 4 new pieces of 121 gear. And the regular Alert is just a prerequisite to gaining access to the Elite Alert .. the ONLY thing in this whole episode that seems to award anything I can actually use to improve my alts.

I will TRY the new solo when it comes back on line tomorrow just because its something different and to see how long it takes to complete but my buddy and I have Corrupted Zamaron down to 7-8 minutes so if all I am getting is 112 and the occasional 116 drop from a solo that takes 20 -30 minutes forget it .. why waste my time?
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Only the villain solo don't work?
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Your response is insulting to a small minority group as it is. Some players have alts that they only do the support side with, even in end game. With that said, during solo support players should get a bonus in damage just to make solo content easier for them. Just for solo.

That has been requested on more than one occassion.
  8. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Its fun as hell to battle-role this. Did it with my lower 117 Sorcery toon on Vill. If you dont mind spending a bit more time in the solo.

Solo is fine.

If you feel your too weak or not skilled enough. Run Zamron Duo a few times.

I went from 114 to 118 in one run on one of my Hero toons coming in luck with 116 drops.
  9. theBlackAngel Level 30

Derio
    THIS.....
  10. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

How so, I made it threw not to long ago.

Whats up?
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It just seems like one more attempt by the Devs to make sure that no one want to run the solo mission.

They can then tell us later that "the numbers show that people do not want to play solo missions". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They took it down to fix the loot problem.

It should be back tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stamen Dedicated Player

It's always been a problem for support roles. All you can do is gear up the dps side and keep moving. Or just skip the solo stuff altogether. No need to make any other adjustments, you just have to get the deeps gear.

Personally, I think all vendor gear should be attuned both ways so as not to punish those of us who do support most often... but whatever. I just parked one of my alts and said, "Forget it."
    • Like x 1
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

I'm not modding beyond beta mods. I know it lowers my efficiency, but... I have 5 characters near top level. They each have 2 sets of gear. And now they've stopping adding Synthetic mods, and exceptional recovery kits don't drop in new content... I'm refusing to really mod. Total Recovery kits are such a scam. I can't afford it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

The shut it down before I even go to try it...<SNIFF>
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

so run the duo and get yourself over 120 and then you should be ok. i got 4 131 toons and a 129 toon just from running the duo and the relevant stuff daily and when you are below cr117 you can earn a lot of marks making it even easier to get past 120 cause you can quickly get 100 marks then buy 2 of the 118 vendor gear and that + a few cz runs and you'll be around 124-125
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

yes it was tested, Yes it was tested at level. No they did not listen to the leets qqing for harder content.
    I'm assuming you were running in troll role based on what you said, And I can tell you this isn't something you run in a support role.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

We don't have it usps villain
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Didn't finish, stopped trying at Hal. Loot and Marks for time alloted just do not mesh. I know they want to push large group content but that's ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

On the flip side of this, you'll soon power through CR113 and be at a much higher CR and the content will become far too easy and protocol, thus making it unfun.

I tried it at 124. I couldn't do it. The closest I got was Hal down by 95% health with just 5% left, then I messed up and died. Couldn't get that close again. I gave up and tried the alert instead. Which was much easier than the solo :X
    • Like x 2