4 year later why am I still here ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Horus, Aug 25, 2015.

1. SecondAccount New Player

are you saying you feel the game is tuned to the average player or are you saying you think the average player is casual? our average player is casual at best to horrible at worst imo. the games definitely tweaked in the "never try" direction vs the "try hard" though. or even the "just try" direction.
  2. SecondAccount New Player

lol i switched powersets mid duo for episode 15. our devs like the monetization that underpowered powersets [i was rage at the time] provide for making ppl change. powerset balance would rob them of an income stream. they literally said they'd rather a power [well at least nature, HL, and electricity] UNDER perform than OVER. yet they're also happy with ice doing ridiculous [and ridiculously easy] damage.
  3. ermike Committed Player

Thing is if they just created content that had parts where burn didn't matter it would fix this.. sure u could go 5-1-1-1 but if u introduced mechanics that required extra heals or trolls then they would have to atleast have a 5-1-1-1 that can convert to 2-2-2-2 on the fly.. make people use their roles and switch on the fly. I'm cool with that
    • Like x 2
  4. grendel007 Well-Known Player

I can understand the situation. Good groups with good gear will always find content irrelevant or easy. This same content is unplayable for people like me. I am in a decent league but can't run when they do so content is impossible for me in pug groups. It is one extreme or the other and I don't see an easy solution unless they make very difficult elite mode for all content
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Why I still Sub?

This was the second and last MMO to really get me hooked.
    I love comics, superheroes & villains.
    I love being able to be around iconic characters and places.
    The customization of your character alone can keep me busy for hours, just
    making up the new favorite look for my toons any their armories.

There's a lot of things that made me slightly and even very disappointed after all this time playing,
    but I have spent too much time & money to just give up because of growing concerns.

If worst comes to worst, i'll take a break to return later on with refreshed energy to keep going,
    but I am pretty sure I will stick to this game until it gets shut down.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

I meant average in terms of skill level. I think it's difficult to grasp that content can be tough, when you think it's so easy. Have you run with many PUGs? I mean real PUGs. Where players don't know each other, don't have comms. I don't PUG a lot nowadays, but I have enough to know that there are a ton of folks out there that can't complete content, even when somewhat overgeared.
    • Like x 3
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Thought this would be apropos:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ilable-for-premium.258948/page-3#post-3390452

Folks just have the wrong mindset about gear progression. That's a big part of the problem.
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

I would like to add to my original statement...I stick around to read forum drama/humor. (After all, they are the same thing, right?)
  9. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

eh, unless you buy the 12 months thingy its not cheaper than cable
    DTV can be adquired for just 11.49 plus taxes