Is changing the colors of our powers technically impossible?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MentosTroll, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Yellow liquid, the power of beer! :D
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

Excluding Lantern and Celestial powers of course, there are certain varients I would expect:

Fire- Dark and Light blue, Light and Dark green ( Trigon DLC)
    Sorcery- Dark blue and Purple( Sentinels), Green (Trigon DLC) Mid Purple Orange( Faust), and Mid Yellow and Blue ( Dr. Fate)
    Electricity- Dark and Light blue( Blk Lightning), White and Stained White ( Dr. Light), Red and Light Red
    Mental- Pink-(Grodd), Gray and Light Gray(G. Ghost) Light bblu-ish Green and Faded Green(Glenmorgan souls)
    Earth- Dark Gray and Dark Brown(Dirt)
    Ice- Dark Gray and whitish blue( Black Ice)
    Nature- Dark Brown and Light Brown( Soil)
    • Like x 1
  3. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Doubt they'd want to do this as it will only confuse the basis of power types, but also lead to legal issues with DC. What they can do is add in some generic powers in the iconics tree that support this feature, like Hard Light shield, and a few of the ranged tornado attacks do in the speedster movement tree.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

That was before the counter-roles were removed.

I also think that colour customization might sell well on the market place.

Something like power variants, similar to Flight and Skimming. Light is probably impossible to change, but I can easily imagine red, blue, green or purple Fire, Ice, Electricity. Even yellow or green sorcery, celestial, Quantum...

The Lantern stuff is certainly different, because it IS a power defined by its colour in the DC lore...
    • Like x 1
  5. space outlaw Well-Known Player

I know you can change the color of the Hard light shield in the Iconic Tree
  6. Dezaras Loyal Player

I have a reaper armoury for my main. Cuz future story. I'd love to be able to give him black fire.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can see your point, but the "Jedi don't wear armor" declarations from the powers-that-be didn't discourage the SWG players. :D

What could make matters worse is that limitation would end up being on power sets (if you include Rage as well as Light) that players have to pay extra to play, whether it's through subscription or individual purchase.
  8. Laz523 Well-Known Player

Power colorization is another reason I miss a certain game :(.
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Big PS3 RAM constraint. HUGE!!! technically it is impossible right now.
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

you can correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure in the alpha stage of this game you could indeed alter the color of light powers.

I recall watching a video of the devs playing as a light based character that used blue constructs.

So the coding is there.