Fat Character Body Style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lights Derp, May 22, 2015.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Disgusting? No. Unhealthy? Probably.

Don't get me wrong, I have respect for everyone. I don't care how much they weigh. There are people I'm close to who are overweight. That being said, while there may be exceptions, fat people tend to make unhealthy choices. I don't blame them though. All this fast food and technology that keeps people indoors...
  2. Zeo Committed Player

So that's an official message that the PS3 is hindering the development of the game, congratulations!
  3. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Ignorance as a whole is disgusting.
    • Like x 3
  4. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

I wish they had this one in the game. But they came outright and said that it's not gonna happen due to performance issues on PS3. They did mention clipping, but there's a lot of clipping as it is, so I really don't see that as an issue. That in addition to lanky and athletic (heard they also had this one, think Nightwing and Catwoman) would add a lot of cool options for character creation.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

If anything it would cost more now as they have more styles they'd have to retro-actively go back over and change to minimalize clipping. There'd have to be a significant revenue influx to justify that.
  6. Ramonater New Player

pfft silly OP, don't you know that exobytes burn fat bro? that's why they can't have fat body types. Exboytes speed up your metabolism to make your body a FAT BURNING MACHINE. Man didn't you go to school, this is like first grade stuff ;)
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Let's keep in mind that there are degrees of excess weight. Certainly many venture from unhealthy to dangerously overweight.

That being said the massively over-developed muscle body types both in game as well as in comics in general can also be exceptionally unhealthy. From extra-strain on the heart to increased joint damage as well as micro-fracturing these should not be considered optimal body types either.

So health arguments really ought to be discarded as far as I can see. I have no issues with these two body types in game but the issue still stands would enough people want them to justify the expense of going over 4 years of styles to make sure they fit those forms?
    • Like x 1
  8. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Once again, "This cannot happen until the PS3 dies its proper death."
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

I would also welcome pixie sized characters such as dr. Psycho and Gizmo.
    • Like x 2
  10. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

They have been able to free up so much memory as of recent that we are still able to receive new DLC, styles, auras and new powers. The previous answer to this question may no longer be relevant even with the continued PS3 support.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope, it isn't like that. Each piece has it's own model in each size. Even though most pieces look exactly the same, each piece has been built 6 times for each 3 body types over both genders.

I'm not sure why they build styles this way, but I'm guessing there's a reason. If it was built on a mesh which then scales to a base mesh, I imagine they'd have given us functionality to resize the bodies as we see fit, ala Create-a-Wrestler mode in most Wrestling games.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

plz release this new body type so i can finally create my all time wish HERO

[IMG]

ps: i would take the roller too , got the helm already.
  13. Xanoth Dedicated Player

In that case, I'm amazed we ever get new styles.
    • Like x 1