Fat Character Body Style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lights Derp, May 22, 2015.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Dear Devs,

I know this was shot down in the past for what ever reason. But could we please get a fat body style in game? With the release of HH I have seen a renewed want for this style.

There are already fat models in game, I know it's will still be a lot of work but there is a start ;)

Please I can't truly be a little teapot unless I'm short and stout.

I'll be your friend! LOL

Thank you!

-Derp
    • Like x 10
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I would also love for this body style to be in game. I know that staff clipped horrible with the belly but, I don't really care.

Would also like the "lanky" body brought to the game.

And Catwoman's personality stance.
    • Like x 4
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Be careful... Stompa might fall in love with you
    • Like x 1
  4. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure her and Brick are planning there Honeymoon atm.
    • Like x 2
  5. Owl Devoted Player

The "Bouncer" body type was cut during development due to clipping issues and performance on the PS3:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, we all know it was cut during development. But that was 4 years ago.
    They are implementing some things now because they have the tech or methods to do it that they hadnt in the past.
    Maybe they could take a look into this again.
    • Like x 6
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

They recently did the opposite ... they changed the body type of an npc to save on resources. I don't recall which ... I think it was either the glutton demon in metropolis, or similar in Gotham wastelands.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miggly Committed Player

I would like to see this implemented. New body types are always good.
  9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I don't think PS3 could handle it. Many thing of this nature would require PS4 being removed from the server with PS3. I would welcome this. However, a change of this sort would spell the end of PS3 being supported.
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The more the merrier, more body types would be a welcomed addition, however, as noted before, any more additions to DCUO whether it be powers, body types, styles, animations etc., would require DCUO to stop supporting the PS3 due to its limitations and require the mandatory move to PS4. I know that there are still PS3 players which would bum them out with the news but sadly I think that's what's holding the game back
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Aside from the technical reasons why, It's not likely to ever happen because each style is purpose built for each body type. Each gender has 3 body types in 3 different sizes. 9 to choose from or 18 overall including both genders.

Each of the 6 types of body (Spark, Striker, Brute and I don't know the female ones) have armour purpose built to match that body type. To introduce 1 new body type, each set of gear which has 8 style pieces would require an additional 16 pieces to be produced. I don't even know where to begin with the number of styles that would be, but I'd say in the region of 1,000-2,000 new models and textures would need to be created to accommodate the new body style.

This huge development cost for something so trivial simply wouldn't be worth it. So we're not likely to see any new body types, ever in this DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

IMO, that's just poor programming. I've played lesser MMOs on lesser gaming console that enable all armor to scale with all body types.
    • Like x 1
  13. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

No, fatness is disgusting.
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Not sure if serious.

If so, that makes me sad for you.

If not...disregard.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

It was the Gluttony demons that didn't make SoT like it was going to. Loche said in the SoT SM that they couldn't put it in, since they have a massive memory footprint. In other words, PS3.

WOULD LOVE THE FAT BODY TYPE THOUGH!
  16. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Clipping in styles and weapons have been mentioned before as a reason for this to not happen. Which is funny, if you think of the already existing clipping issues in the game...
    • Like x 1
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

She's not, actually. I think she was just shocked by the complete lack of respect. And that lack of respect is actually disgusting.
    • Like x 8
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I guess you don't know me.

People who are over weight are in no way disgusting. I have friends and family members of all shapes and sizes who are beautiful inside and out.
    • Like x 6
  19. DivineSire Dedicated Player

It would be nice to have a few more stances available..........like 10 more!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I'd imagine armour is built to a base mesh and scales to the models, which is why you get weird distorting (some styles just look weird on female models, because boobs) and why it all stretches and deforms during animations. It would still be a lot of work, to check it all and go through every style in the game, fix any issues etc.

I'd imagine the initial reason still stands though, weapon animations.