Work In Progress Update: Episode 13 and 14 Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I love that the devs listened and changed it. I'm actually surprised they did since it was the start of a new tier, but in any case they tweaked things and we will now having MoV's coming from a ton of content, more than we'll know what to do with really....

Yet people still complain about the catalysts costing an MoV.... The devs just can't win on these forums.

I'm now convinced they could announce they were raising the escrow cap to 50k tomorrow and people on here would still complain.
    • Like x 11
  2. Marine Death Committed Player

"sniff" "sniff" I love you guys!
    • Like x 3
  3. kawe Loyal Player

Thanks!

It just makes sense to at least be able to get marks of one tier below you, or at least one DLC below the new one. I could have lived if you scale the marks down episode per episode, so this is even better. xD
    • Like x 2
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Perfect, it's the most logical solution.
    • Like x 2
  5. Furling Well-Known Player

Thanks so much!
    • Like x 2
  6. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Thanks a bunch, devs! This is exactly what I was hoping for. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You know it's funny.
    I spend most of my marks on stuff other than 108 gear because I wanted to avoid 117cr... and now I regret it.
    I planned out my progress to keep DLC 13 marks relevant and held it back for over a month based on 'the plan' provided for GU47.

So, I read the notes and wasted my efforts.

I've spent R&D materials and money on total recovery kits modding gear that I should not have and that is disappointing too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

OK, works for me.

But you realize, this means that people will be whining about having full marks and nothing to spend them on sooner than they would have.
    • Like x 7
  9. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

WOW! I feel excited now and I expect this may last for 4 hours or longer....although in hindsight it could have something to this blue medication I'm taking for my blood pressure.
    • Like x 6
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

seems like a cave in to the complainers if you ask me so that now people can get geared even faster by giving them 30 extra marks a week or more with replays letting them buy gear for content they technically they dont even have to run now to buy..

but seems many are happy with this direction so who am i to dissent
    • Like x 2
  11. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Thank you for making the only 3 month old AF2 still relevant and allowing us at end game current tier the 12 pieces of relevant content that everyone else has, very much appreciated!:D
    • Like x 2
  12. BlueDynamo Active Player

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. lol
    • Like x 3
  13. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Yay complaining works!

So how but them earth pets?
    • Like x 2
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Just a question is League Hall: Malfunction and New Genesis Now going to get an increase cause they only go up to 126 cr .
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, considering that some are already there (thanks to replays), the threads would've been here soon enough.
    • Like x 1
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Good, this makes more people Q up for those again at least. I still need vases and statues in thrones and I'm done with all feats in Episode 13.

Took forever just getting 40 robots from Return to Nexus. Only a few people Q it up but it took an hour or so.
    • Like x 1
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

You are still in a good spot at 116. You have 4 additional raids you can run for 40 marks a week. That will get your 108 vendor gear quicker than being 117. My tank has 4 pieces of 108 and is 116. I'm going to run all 7 t6 raids for the next 2 weeks to max out on marks and buy the 4 same pieces of dps gear. Then I will run the 7 raids again for 2 more tank pieces. That way I will have 6 pieces of tank gear when I hit 117. My healer has 100 gear, so I can only have 3 108 pieces, but I also got the same 3 dps pieces first. I think staying 116 as long as possible is still the best strategy to gear up with 108 vendor pieces.
    • Like x 2
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Yeah, I know, it will be a while before the hotfix as well... I'm not too miffed.
    It's more about following the notes and seeing players being upset about it before live. The GU notes and reaction made it obvious to everyone that limiting players to T7 was going to be an issue. I kind'a trusted the Devs rather than my gut and the mood of the community.

My big thing is that I Modded a bunch of 102 gear on 4 toons - using total recovery kits to extract the old gears mod.
    I should have used more betas and synthetics and held the 97-100 gear with T6E mods until had 108 gear for them.

Now, I'm using double the recovery kits...
    • Like x 1
  19. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Ouch on modding the 102 gear with bits :(. I do feel bad that. I bought a bunch of syn mods in between GU47 and HoP2 just to stick them into my gear for the affinities. Now that there are no syn 6 experts, I'll have to decide between grinding PVP for prefabs or making them. I might just decide to only use real mods if I'm lucky enough to get 110 gear. Good luck.
    • Like x 1
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Should have been like this from the beginning.

Now what about the issue with overabundance of MoV? Without Symbols/Triumph marks to keep us from progressing through the tier too fast with vendor gear, we're just always going to have an overabundance of MoV (I can buy at least one piece of gear every week now from raids alone).

In previous tiers there was a barrier to stop us from purchasing each suit too quickly. T1-6 had their own distinct mark that separated the tiers and additionally, T6 introduced symbols to quell the speed at which you purchase gear. Now we have an overabundance of marks and no mark sink anymore. Will anything be done in this regard or are we just going to have access to more marks?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.